Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

That sucks. Reports were that we was performing well and seemed to be on the right track.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24341...us-guice-season

Washington Redskins rookie running back Derrius Guice tore his ACL and is out for the season, the team announced Friday.

Guice injured his left knee at the end of a first-quarter run during Thursday's preseason opener against the New England Patriots.

A second-round draft choice out of LSU, Guice had 19 yards on six carries before leaving the game. He hung around the locker room with teammates after the Redskins' 26-17 loss, sucking on a lollipop at his locker as he scrolled through his phone.

He later walked from the locker room to the team buses, and there was a noticeable stiffness in his stride.

Guice sprained his left knee at LSU last season but missed only one game. He has made a quick first impression on his Redskins teammates, including quarterback Colt McCoy, who said Guice has been "fun to watch" and is a "great player."

Guice's character was knocked before and during the draft process, but the Redskins had been pleased with his conduct. They said he was attentive in meetings and asked good questions.

On the field, teammates raved about what he might do, with fellow back Chris Thompson saying he wanted Guice to rush for 1,200 yards. His engaging personality won over fans as he stayed late after most practices to sign autographs. Guice had been one of the Redskins' most anticipated rookies among the fan base, certainly since Robert Griffin III in 2012.

Information from ESPN's Mike Reiss and John Keim contributed to this report.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
bad part of preseason. Hope he can recover fully

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That sucks.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
I'd love to see Adrian Peterson on Washington.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
I'm not sure how much he has left in the tank. In NO and AZ he didn't look close to the same to me.

Maybe he gets another shot.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I still hate preseason, especially the injuries. Hope you get past this and rehab well. thumbsup

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
P
Legend
Legend
P
Pre-Season ... it ain't all it's cracked up to be tsktsk

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I'm not sure how much he has left in the tank. In NO and AZ he didn't look close to the same to me.

Maybe he gets another shot.

That's why I want to see him. He'd be the lead back in Washington, we'd see what he has left.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Welp that was my sleeper in fantasy frown

M
Legend
Legend
M
Thank goodness I didn't pick him in any of my best ball leagues. nanner

Tackles are tackles.
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Feel bad for the kid but I got into a lot of disagreements about how tight yet explosive he was and how bad that made his career outlook.

C
Legend
Legend
C

Quote:
The #Redskins are hosting veteran RB Adrian Peterson, sources tell me and @MikeGarafolo. The Pro Bowler is an intriguing option for Washington.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1031251602441756672

Legend
Legend
good call

D
Legend
Legend
D
There also hosting Charles ... read it on a different site ... dont feel like finding the link ... its on rotoworld ... the site i pull almost all my stuff from ...

Legend
Legend
yeah i saw it on NFLN too

C
Legend
Legend
C

Quote:
The #Redskins are hosting veteran RB Adrian Peterson, sources tell me and @MikeGarafolo. The Pro Bowler is an intriguing option for Washington.

Quote:
Redskins are signing RB Adrian Peterson to a one-year deal, as @RapSheet and @MikeGarafolo reported.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1031612417992806401

D
Legend
Legend
D

Quote:

Quote:
Redskins are signing RB Adrian Peterson to a one-year deal, as @RapSheet and @MikeGarafolo reported.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1031612417992806401

Awesome. All Day is easily top three of my all time favorite backs.

D
Legend
Legend
D
FYI ... if the team didn’t ask him to gain the weight this is not a good sign of the mans work ethic or commitment to football ....

Rashaad Penny - RB - Seahawks

Rashaad Penny weighed in at 236 pounds at Seahawks camp this week.

Penny tipped the scales at 220 at the Combine back in February. Players gain weight all the time, but 16 pounds is a scarily-large amount for a running back. And we typically like to see running backs lose weight as opposed to gaining it. Penny has been sidelined for the past week-plus with a broken finger that required surgery. He was back at practice Tuesday. Chris Carson has ran circles around Penny this summer, all but securing the lead-back job for Seattle.

FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
FYI ... if the team didn’t ask him to gain the weight this is not a good sign of the mans work ethic or commitment to football ....

Penny tipped the scales at 220 at the Combine back in February. Players gain weight all the time, but 16 pounds is a scarily-large amount for a running back. And we typically like to see running backs lose weight as opposed to gaining it. Penny has been sidelined for the past week-plus with a broken finger that required surgery. He was back at practice Tuesday. Chris Carson has ran circles around Penny this summer, all but securing the lead-back job for Seattle.

We dodged another bullet!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Via Seattle shooting themselves in the face by drafting him in the first.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: FATE
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

We dodged another bullet!

Another? How about, "We dodged our first bullet in 20 years!"

Legend
Legend
Penny has had a poor offseason for them .. Carson won the top spot i think

V
Legend
Legend
V
I wouldn't close the book on Penny just yet. He hasn't even played a game yet. I had him rated about dead even w/K. Johnson at number two or three in this year's RB class.

Obviously, if he has character concerns [the weight gain is troubling] that evaluation might be way off. But, make no mistake, the dude can run the rock and he can catch the pill.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I really liked him too. Although his limitations (age + top end speed) would never make me consider drafting him in the first round. Especially if I had a porous line like the Hawks do. That said, it sounds like Rashaad Penny is smoking hella weed in Seattle. I get it, smoking is easy to do when you're bored, sitting at home with a finger you can't bend.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Derrius Guice out for season with torn ACL

Link Copied to Clipboard