Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
John Dorsey on if knowing about Antonio Callaway's incident earlier would have changed his mind about trading Corey Coleman:

https://twitter.com/dan_labbe/status/1027677354917801989

Wow! That's pretty strong!

Sure is... he let his actions clearly speak when you take a first rounder and accept a seventh in return, but them public words are indeed strong.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Buffalo Bills' Corey Coleman speaks to media for first time since trade

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Saw the first half of the tape...looked like he was avoiding any part of throwing us under the bus.

Oh and that guy in the Plaid short sleeve shirt was getting on my nerves...I wanted to kick him in the shins if I was there...lol laugh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
John Dorsey on if knowing about Antonio Callaway's incident earlier would have changed his mind about trading Corey Coleman:

https://twitter.com/dan_labbe/status/1027677354917801989

Wow! That's pretty strong!

Sure is... he let his actions clearly speak when you take a first rounder and accept a seventh in return, but them public words are indeed strong.

He's not wrong, Corey had 3 off seasons.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I didn't say he was wrong, just agreed the words were strong.

I myself predicted Corey would get axed before the season started. Happy we got a 7th.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Corey Coleman asks Hue Jackson upon demotion: 'Why don't you just trade me?'

Updated 10:48 PM; Posted 10:28 PM

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/08/corey_coleman_asks_to_be_trade.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns receiver Corey Coleman asked Hue Jackson to trade him after he lost his starting job in practice to Antonio Callaway last last week.

"Why am I running second team?'' Coleman asks Jackson in his office in a scene on the second episode of HBO's Hard Knocks Tuesday night. "That [censored]'s crazy.''

Jackson answers, "Go ask (offensive coordinator) Todd Haley.''

Coleman says, "If y'all don't like the way I play, why don't you just trade me.''

The Browns did just that, shipping the 2016 No. 15 overall pick to the Bills for a 2020 seventh-round pick and a bag of peanuts.

Even Emmanuel Ogbah observes in a defensive line meeting the next day, "that's like saying 'here.'''

The gripping scene opened with NFL Films cameras at Coleman's apartment the day of the trade, scanning his 1,000 pairs of sneakers and the receiver explaining how he's giving some away to kids because he has so many. At the time, Hard Knocks had no idea Coleman would be traded just hours later.

It then cuts to Coleman struggling to make plays in practice, and Haley riding him like he often did for not giving enough effort and not fighting for contested ball.

Haley tells GM John Dorsey on the way inside, "it looks like he's running five miles an hour.''

The day before the trade, Coleman was demoted to second-team in practice behind Callaway, and looked miffed on the sidelines.

Jackson said after practice that Coleman was suffering from a little bit of a hamstring injury that day, but it was actually that he had lost his job and would soon be on his way out.

When the trade goes down, Coleman drives out the players' lot in Berea and yells, "Adios, Cleveland."

He'll be back at FirstEnergy Stadium on Friday night for the second preseason game as a member of the Bills.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Adios, Corey.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Corey came across as dumber than a box of rocks. He was a poor draft choice by a poor draft evaluator. Thank God we have real football people in the building now.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
wish granted

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:
He was a poor draft choice by a poor draft evaluator.

And yet that draft evaluator is still here.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just clickin'

Wonder if it sank in that no one else in the league valued him higher than a 7th round pick, two years down the road? I mean, if we had a better offer, we would have taken it.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Quote:

This point is continuously lost on people.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
Yeah, I was surprised when they kept Andrew Berry. I thought he would go along with Sashi.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

It was pretty obvious during last night's Hard Knocks episode that Haley was really down on Coleman. He was getting on him for his routes and hands. A lot. At one point he said something about "it's the same thing every day."

It seems like Coleman played his way off of the Browns.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Thats called "ENTITLEMENT" and more proof was the comment about running with the 2nd teamers instead of fighting for his job. all he had was entitlement...good bye and good riddence.

Also thank you for the No nonsense coaches like Haley and Williams. Haley also rode Njoku and made him hit the Jug machine to catch 30 before going in. He responded instead of feeling entitled to play...result: Two Touchdown Catches!

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

V
Legend
Legend
V
I was encouraged by what we saw of Njoku last night. He had a ton of drops in practice and the players and coaches were needling him about it, but he handled it well.

The dude is really a physical specimen and he came across well in that episode. I even liked how he is trying yoga to help w/his concentration and state of mind.

On the other hand, Coleman sounded like a whiny, little, b....

E
Legend
Legend
E
lol grin

What I didn't like was once the Coaches gave a speech of some sort the team didn't react with much enthusiasm no rah rah reactions...I guess that is how NFL players are I guess its ok as long as they are excited and amp up for the games.

Not use to that. because of my heart Meds, I'd be screaming inside but talked very relaxed to my young men. Every now and then I would lose it and do the spit flying yelling and my good players would mostly react with - Thank you Coach, I love that! lol hey, they pay to play

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

A
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
A
How will Corey respond to this challenge?

He is really way behind now - months behind - traded into a whole new offense, new players, new playbook, new everything.

Will the shock of getting traded lead Corey to changing his mindset, getting serious, and really grinding? Or will he be the same old diva Corey?

I think he'll choose to remain a diva, but it would be cool if he chooses otherwise and has a respectable NFL career.

The more I see of these flake, diva, butthead Browns receivers, the more I love the greatness of Jerry Rice.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Quote:

As is the part where the guys in that new FO had just come together and had like 14 days (exaggeration) to prepare for that Draft and were really just winging it.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

O
Legend
Legend
O
The most surprising angle, for me, regarding the Coleman trade is not the whole performance part of why he was traded, or the injury part, but I think a significant portion has to do with attitude, and this is something he was supposed to have in spades. He was supposed to be the second coming of Steve Smith, and not only because of the height and measurables, but also because of the attitude. This was something that helped me to get onboard with the pick a little bit. He (allegedly) had the attitude to eventually lead a struggling WR group.

Or not... (shrugs shoulders)

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Coleman's attitude was apparent last night: talking back to coaches, really aloof and/or dumb, unwilling to work harder, and immature/entitled.

He gone.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Just clickin'

Wonder if it sank in that no one else in the league valued him higher than a 7th round pick, two years down the road? I mean, if we had a better offer, we would have taken it.

Yeah, ogbah said it best regarding it and Corey's value perceived by the staff taking literally whatever was clearly offered.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Just clickin'

Yeah, ogbah said it best regarding it and Corey's value perceived by the staff taking literally whatever was clearly offered.
Yeah Ogbah's like "that's a kick in the face" basically

Legend
Legend

'Don't let the door hit you in the ass Coleman."

The worst thing in the world is talent with zero motivation.

Good riddance.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: bonefish

'Don't let the door hit you in the ass Coleman."

The worst thing in the world is talent with zero motivation.

Good riddance.

Agreed. That Hard Knocks Episode was enough. Some people get angry and work to prove why the decision made was wrong. Corey got angry and asked to go somewhere else. We don't need that kind of guy on our team

Adios Corey.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Quote:

It's actually the people who say it that are continually lost.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Corey Coleman Traded to Bills

Link Copied to Clipboard