Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
M
Quote:
I was referring to why they didn't advance much in the post season. There were about 10 locker room distractions going on at the same time. Especially late in the season, they all started cropping up at crunch time. Bell was a major source of them.

From memory alone I seem to remember Le'Veon publicly airing his unhappiness with his situation before the Jags game. I also vaguely recall some other issues (Joey Porter perhaps?) and thinking this is a team that is not focused.

But it's been a while, so I may be blurring events together.

V
Legend
Legend
V
They were 13 and 3 and we were 0 and 16.

We might win, but let's keep it real.

M
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
M
In my own estimation I am a pretty level headed individual overall, including sports.

I expect them to win and I'll be disappointed if they do not. I am not doing moral victories this year.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Okay, but while we may win, there is no way that we are the favorites to win. Sorry.

M
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
M
Couldn't agree more. We should not be the favorites.

I guess what I am saying is the past two years I expected to lose every contest, hence I was not disappointed when this proved to be true. That is no longer the case. I will be disappointed when we lose this year even though I don't expect a 16-0 record.

V
Legend
Legend
V
That's fair.

C
Legend
Legend
C
David Johnson got $30 million guaranteed. I'm guessing Bell thinks he should top that in the off-season.

P
Rookie
Rookie
P
Originally Posted By: mike3LT
Quote:
I was referring to why they didn't advance much in the post season. There were about 10 locker room distractions going on at the same time. Especially late in the season, they all started cropping up at crunch time. Bell was a major source of them.

From memory alone I seem to remember Le'Veon publicly airing his unhappiness with his situation before the Jags game. I also vaguely recall some other issues (Joey Porter perhaps?) and thinking this is a team that is not focused.

But it's been a while, so I may be blurring events together.

Not to mention James Harrison acting like a gigantic tool, getting cut and deciding to wreck his Steeler legacy by signing with the f'ing Patriots out of spite. It then came out that he had been spending team meetings sleeping in a recliner all season and generally acting like a complete jerk to everybody on the team. That place was a mess internally last season and it's a miracle they made it as far as they did. Bell is a great talent, no doubt about it, but it's getting to the point where he is becoming more of a detriment to the team than an asset and someone they shouldn't be breaking the bank to sign. Let another team blow their salary cap trying to keep him happy.

Last edited by Pittfan43; 09/09/18 07:56 AM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, Harrison should have just retired or signed with some scrub team to make steeler fans happy. lmao

I'm sure at his age the offers were just pouring in!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1st String
1st String
Realistically looking at this afternoon I'm expecting a loss but my emotions will bounce off the moon on their way to the
sun if we win. make that Orion.

Last edited by Groza76; 09/09/18 10:30 AM.

Groza76

Go Browns, WIN or lose, forever!
P
Rookie
Rookie
P
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Yeah, Harrison should have just retired or signed with some scrub team to make steeler fans happy. lmao

I'm sure at his age the offers were just pouring in!

So a scrub team wouldn't have been interested in him at his age but a perennial SB contender would be? Sorry not buying it at all. It was by design. Bellicheck wanted him there with the intent of sharing every detail he knew about Pittsburgh anticipating a possible playoff matchup and Harrison went there with the intent of providing those details and to stick it to his old team, plain and simple. The fact that the Steelers blew it against the Jags and never made it that far is beside the point.

He's a Patriot player to me, nothing more. He willingly flushed his legacy down the toilet out of spite.

Last edited by Pittfan43; 09/09/18 10:40 AM.
Legend
Legend
So I guess your not taking into account that Harrison played damn near all the defensive snaps in the SB?

Doesn’t sound like a guy who was only needed for inside information on the Steelers.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Rookie
Rookie
P
Originally Posted By: Swish
So I guess your not taking into account that Harrison played damn near all the defensive snaps in the SB?

Doesn’t sound like a guy who was only needed for inside information on the Steelers.

I think the Patriots thought he had something left in the tank but I'm also positive they sought him out and he sought them out with that intent.

Last edited by Pittfan43; 09/09/18 10:48 AM.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 21 Steelers 21 Le'Veon Bell Not With Steelers

Link Copied to Clipboard