Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Ran across this gem of an article on Ogunjobi. Thought the board would enjoy it. Larry's recent performance is real, not a fluke.

Legend
Legend
I loved it when he was put in the starting lineup this preseason, and thought that he would be disruptive.

He is beyond even what I expected, though.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
He's an animal if you focus on him.

When you have him, Avery and Garrett on the field ... there's some big boy play

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
That work he did in the offseason with Geno Atkins is paying dividends. He's got run defense technique and pass rush technique. His play is on an upwards trajectory. It's exciting to think how he could be playing in the 4th quarter of the season.

It's way early but I would love to see the Browns draft another kid with similar traits. Don't think it would be an early round pick though. Here are few guys I think might be 1 gap penetrators to add to our DL rotation:

Robert Landers, OSU
Ricky Waller, Va Tech
Jeffery Tillery, ND
Marquise Copeland (from the Land) Cinci

Last edited by guard dawg; 09/22/18 04:20 PM.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Dude is playing very well. I was skeptical when people were singing his praises last year, but he is certainly been making a difference this year.

He is extremely quick, plays w/good leverage, and is pretty strong for his size.

We have an intriguing inside/outside combo w/him and Myles.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
We seem to be hearing Coley’s name less this year. I see him on the field but either the other guys are making plays first or...?

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
We seem to be hearing Coley’s name less this year. I see him on the field but either the other guys are making plays first or...?

I think Coley has been working himself back into game shape after missing the pre-season, but we need to find that 3rd guy, because our two starting DT's have played a high number (%) of snaps.

We had a pretty good player vs the run in JM ... ?

We need someone to step up to that role.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
It seems to me, just going from memory, that most of the good opposing runs are to the outside, not right up the gut.

I could be wrong, but going from memory, it seems that way to me.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
It seems to me, just going from memory, that most of the good opposing runs are to the outside, not right up the gut.

I could be wrong, but going from memory, it seems that way to me.
I'd agree. Teams have been attacking off tackle and counters/traps to the outside. Watch the Saints/Jets successful runs

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Dude has played great so far

<><

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
He's an animal if you focus on him.

When you have him, Avery and Garrett on the field ... there's some big boy play

He's been fun to watch when I've zeroed in on him.

Vers said his assessment best which is exactly the same as mine.

He hasn't played football his whole life. The upside is without question deep, imo, with Larry.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
ok this might be a NY thing or do people in Ohio yell Larry ! Larry ! after he makes a play? Similar to impractical Jokers TV show.

Joe Thomas #73
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
I like his smarts. He graduated with a major in Computer Science, after double majoring in that and Biology. Smart players learn the game, and are very coachable.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I enjoy watching/reading videos like that because I rarely see those things at full speed.

I need to ask what you think Peppers was thinking on the second video though...where was he going?

Legend
Legend
prediction: we'll have to spend very wisely this FA period because in 2 years there are some guys who we'll want to keep here (Ogunjobi, Schobert, Randall, Garrett, etc) ... not to mention eventually Baker

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
I enjoy watching/reading videos like that because I rarely see those things at full speed.

I need to ask what you think Peppers was thinking on the second video though...where was he going?

It is possible that Peppers was not sure that Darnold didn't pull the ball back from Crowell for a QB keeper. There was a lot of space out to Darnold's left on that play. Pepper's vision could have been obscured by the blocking up front and he didn't initially read the handoff.

Legend
Legend

I think the second sack against the Saints says a lot.

Coverage in the secondary allowed shear tenacity to be rewarded with a sack. Last year most of those plays resulted in wasted effort.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
he has very fast get off for DT. he knows how to place his hands and then just command who where he wants to.go.
cant believe their was posters here crying when Meder got released and Shelton got traded.
those guys made a living making tackles 5 yds downfield

All Pro
All Pro
https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/9/21/...ff-notes-week-3

His 95% snap count is unacceptably high. He's over 300 lbs. We need DT help.

I know a lot of folks are big on Coley, but he still hasn't impressed me like big Larry. I just hope we don't ride him into the ground simply due to the drop off in talent when compared to the other DT's.

and it isn't like this was a one week fluke.
https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/9/17/...ff-notes-week-2

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
E
Legend
Legend
E
Coley's getting better...

I like Raequan Davis, ALABAMA, I know he plays DE for them but he would be a great Addition, I like the prospects of a 6'7" DT in the mix with the long arms to cause havoc...more INTs with the tip passes!

jmho but our Defense is awesome and young, They will only get better and better playing with each other.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: BADdog
ok this might be a NY thing or do people in Ohio yell Larry ! Larry ! after he makes a play? Similar to impractical Jokers TV show.

If he keeps playing the way he has, they will be chanting, "Ogunzilla, Ogunzilla".

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: eotab
Coley's getting better...

I like Raequan Davis, ALABAMA, I know he plays DE for them but he would be a great Addition, I like the prospects of a 6'7" DT in the mix with the long arms to cause havoc...more INTs with the tip passes!

jmho but our Defense is awesome and young, They will only get better and better playing with each other.

Davis is currently projected as a round 1 or 2 pick. I think the Dorsey will go elsewhere with those early picks. Davis would be a nice addition though.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Larry getting some love, Browns D getting respect.

Link Copied to Clipboard