Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Because they had money on the Raiders.

I usually don't think this way, but there were so many blatantly bad calls/no calls in this game, that is was just amazing.

I don't think officials could try to be that bad.

The NFL has hundreds of millions of dollars invested in the Raiders and their move to Vegas.. probably also wanted to get Chuckie his first win..

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Perhaps my favorite non call was when the official was sqatting down, watching the Raiders defender blast Baker in the head with his arm, and .... nothing. Here I thought the official was watching the QB. I guess he must have been taking a dump in his pants, or something.

Yeah, I am still extremely irritated right now.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Not only was there no whistle before the ball came out - because it came out as soon as Carr was touched .... there was no evidence that the review of Cleveland's first down should have been over ruled.

Total garbage from the Refs today - and moron commentators talking about what a great job they did.

Game was 100% stolen from the Browns today. What junk.

I didn't like the commentators either, for the same reason.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
the missed block in the back was huge too

I saw that too. How could they have missed that?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20

My mind was blown on that.

This team can't fart without getting a Block in the Back call on a KO, but they blatantly pull one IN FRONT OF THE REF and ::crickets::. No flag.

I think it was the same guy that refused to throw the flag on Lynch for kicking the ball.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:
Because they had money on the Raiders.

I usually don't think this way, but there were so many blatantly bad calls/no calls in this game, that is was just amazing.

I don't think officials could try to be that bad.

The NFL has hundreds of millions of dollars invested in the Raiders and their move to Vegas.. probably also wanted to get Chuckie his first win..

I mean... I don't know if you were being sarcastic but I seriously can't rule that out. I mean... the refs were bad in other games but this one is truly a stand-out fail for the ref crew. So true one would/could think it was done on purpose, at the expense of us.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20

My mind was blown on that.

This team can't fart without getting a Block in the Back call on a KO, but they blatantly pull one IN FRONT OF THE REF and ::crickets::. No flag.

I think it was the same guy that refused to throw the flag on Lynch for kicking the ball.

I watched the rest of the game this morning, when I got off work. I forgot about that one (SMH).

M
Legend
Legend
M
Yeah - commentators were bad.

I think it was Tiki? He made some nice observations about what players did that was special or why they were difference makers -- but as far as comments on the game and how atrocious the refs were .... they were like NFL bots spouting a company line that was total B.S.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Yeah - commentators were bad.

I think it was Tiki? He made some nice observations about what players did that was special or why they were difference makers -- but as far as comments on the game and how atrocious the refs were .... they were like NFL bots spouting a company line that was total B.S.

Fox coverage in general was absolutely terrible.
They seemed to revel in continually showing only one view of a replay that gave the viewer absolutely no information whatsoever while seemingly avoiding at all costs showing ANY additional camera angles that might clarify something. They were utter garbage.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Perhaps my favorite non call was when the official was sqatting down, watching the Raiders defender blast Baker in the head with his arm, and .... nothing. Here I thought the official was watching the QB. I guess he must have been taking a dump in his pants, or something.

Yeah, I am still extremely irritated right now.

Could of fooled me dawg .... wink ...

it was beyond tough ... it was ours despite trying our darndest to give it away ...

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
This. All day. Every day. 1000%.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

During the Steeler/Rats game, the announcers were talking about whether or not the HC should challenge the mark on a play that was close to the marker.

They said that those plays are rarely reversed because if the camera angle isn't right down the line, you can't prove that there is indisputable evidence to overturn the call.

I have always despised blaming the refs for a loss, but man, that was brutal. I can't remember the last time I was that angry during a game.

We had it won and they took it from us on a call that simply should not have been reversed. And to be clear, if the call on the field would have been that he was short, I don't think they should have reversed that, either.

People can say that we blew the game and good teams have to overcome those things. I agree, but we didn't win a freaking game last year. We're learning to be a good team. It's a damn shame that that one call decided the game, especially when they almost never reverse the call unless the camera angle is right down the line.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
What happenend?

It was a fumble. 110 percent true, no questions asked, as plain as the nose on Jimmy Durante's face. However as has been the habit for the last several years the NFL said go screw yourself's Cleveland. We did not have sexual relations with those referees.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
I really hate how often this season the refs become THE focus, especially in the fourth quarter, and especially late. Averages say some of these should fall our way and benefit us, but not often. We got robbed because we didn't put it away during a lot of plays earlier.

Stinks.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
O
Legend
Legend
O
This is probably nit-picking, but the refs didn't hand them the game. They just arbitrarily gave the Raiders another shot.

The refs didn't march the ball down the field after the punt.
The refs didn't throw the ball into the endzone for the TD.
The refs didn't throw the 2-pt'er.

The refs did a LOT that they shouldn't have. But what lost the game for us was that our O ran out of magic, and our D ran out of gas. Our special teams were consistently terrible.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
We got robbed because we got robbed. No excuses ONCE again they bent us over and rammed it home. It doesn't stink, it is sickening, despicable, sickening, putrid, sickening, asinine, and did I mention sickening.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
This is probably nit-picking, but the refs didn't hand them the game. They just arbitrarily gave the Raiders another shot.

The refs did a LOT that they shouldn't have. But what lost the game for us was that our O ran out of magic, and our D ran out of gas. Our special teams were consistently terrible.
You are wrong.

The game was over, we were in Victory Formation.

if they don't reverse the call:

The don't march the ball
they don't throw the ball into the endzone
they don't allow the 2pter

nothing that happened after the FACT matters, as the game was over. A "W" in the win column. Our offense put up enough to win and our def did enough to win, because the game LITERALLY would have been over if they didn't reverse the call.

Legend
Legend
That is not even mentioning the fumble that we would have returned for a TD. We got two male members right up the old poop shoot.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

They didn't just arbitrarily give them another shot, they gave them two. Had they allowed the fumble recovery for the TD, none of your points would even be discussed. They intentionally hosed us twice. They were clearly doing everything possible to make certain the Raiders won.

We screwed up, they screwed up, we didn't make plays, they didn't make plays, we turned the ball over, they turned the ball over, whatever. All that $#!% happens during games. What isn't supposed to happen is officiating, both on the field and in New York, insinuating itself into the games to manipulate outcomes. Had it not happened consistently week in and week out, we would be 4-0, and there would be other different record results as well.

It's so blatant, you can't even describe these maneuvers as mistakes, because they are clearly intentional with designed effects in mind. It's easy to say, Oh they made a mistake, but these aren't blunders, these are fraudulent manipulations of a billion dollar industry. Just because it's a game played on a grass field doesn't mean it isn't fraud. Money is being stolen from our pockets under false pretense, the pretense that officiating is unbiased. That is clearly not the case. This should be investigated and, if malfeasance is discovered, prosecuted.

JMHO

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

During the Steeler/Rats game, the announcers were talking about whether or not the HC should challenge the mark on a play that was close to the marker.

They said that those plays are rarely reversed because if the camera angle isn't right down the line, you can't prove that there is indisputable evidence to overturn the call.

I have always despised blaming the refs for a loss, but man, that was brutal. I can't remember the last time I was that angry during a game.

We had it won and they took it from us on a call that simply should not have been reversed. And to be clear, if the call on the field would have been that he was short, I don't think they should have reversed that, either.

People can say that we blew the game and good teams have to overcome those things. I agree, but we didn't win a freaking game last year. We're learning to be a good team. It's a damn shame that that one call decided the game, especially when they almost never reverse the call unless the camera angle is right down the line.

This.

I'm actually pretty sure they said the same exactly thing earlier in our game. It was along the lines of "Not sure why Gruden challenged it. Those short and inches calls are rarely returned because of the angle blah blah blah"

Wise words spoken by sages
From SkyTel to BlackBerry pagers
O
All Pro
All Pro
O
Remember that time a couple years ago when Duke fumbled, recovered his own fumble, held the ball up to show the refs he had the ball, and that female ref just said "Nope, Redskins' ball."

That had to be the worst call that I've ever seen at any level of football. That stuff doesn't happen to other teams.

Found it: https://youtu.be/FCkI_KSoM0c

Last edited by OrangeCrush; 10/01/18 05:28 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
That stuff doesn't happen to other teams.

We've been getting disproportionately and consistently hosed since the 80's.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

So in order to win the NFL, a team should be expected to:

Make their own great plays
Overcome their own bad plays
Stop the other team from making great plays
Overcome the other teams great plays
Capitalize on the other teams bad plays
Overcome piss poor officiating...

See, you had me right up until that last one... NFL games are usually pretty close, other teams, even 0-3 teams, still have highly paid professional football players... and if you give them enough chances by non-fumble calls and reversing first down calls.. they will make plays to beat you..

yebat' Putin
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: OrangeCrush
Remember that time a couple years ago when Duke fumbled, recovered his own fumble, held the ball up to show the refs he had the ball, and that female ref just said "Nope, Redskins' ball."

That had to be the worst call that I've ever seen at any level of football. That stuff doesn't happen to other teams.

It definitely does happen to other teams.

Every team thinks this only happens to them.

O
All Pro
All Pro
O
That is not nearly as bad...that is a judgement call saying whether he threw the ball or not...the other requires no judgement...whoever has the ball has possession...simple call.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I rarely complain about officiating. I am not one of the guys who say the Browns always get hosed.

I am not saying we got continually screwed in that particular game. Lynch wasn't down. They blew the whistle. A dude barely touched Baker and was called for a penalty.

I am making ONE proclamation. Unless the camera is right down the line, you can't overturn the spotting of the ball as close as that one was.

No way was that "indisputable." And if the call that would have followed other similar calls 999 times out of 1,000, we win the freaking game because we would have been in Victory formation.

We could have won the game in a multitude of ways. We could have stopped them at the end. We could have avoided 4 costly turnovers [that no one is talking about...LOL.] We could have put together a drive in OT and won w/a FG. I get all that.

But dang man, if it wasn't for a call that is never made in other similar situations, we win the freaking game despite all the other stuff.

That isn't cool!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yes
Originally Posted By: OrangeCrush

Yes. It’s the clip I show others when they don’t believe me about refs screwing us.
It’s also the exact moment I stopped watching NFL as a serious sport but just entertainment

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
We got two male members right up the old poop shoot.

You should write for greeting cards. You are on a roll, GM thumbsup

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 42 Raiders 45 Whywas that not a fumble?

Link Copied to Clipboard