Print Thread
#1521502 10/02/18 12:53 AM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201809300rai.htm#all_vis_snap_counts

Schobert played 100%. He's indisputably our every down linebacker at this point. Kirksey played 90%.

Garrett played 95% which is ridiculous given his effort level. He also played ten special teams snaps. I don't care how bad are special teams are, please do not play Garrett on special teams.

Collins dropped down a bunch with Kirksey back. He played 57% and even that number is a little skewed because I think we went back to playing three linebackers when Gaines and Mitchell were both down.

BBC played only 36% which seems weird to me given the injuries we had.

Kindred played more than Peppers, 60% to 40% respectively.

On offense, Orson Charles played 32% of snaps. I didn't even notice him at all. Will he be inactive if/when Devalve gets back?

cfrs15 #1521517 10/02/18 04:12 AM
Legend
Legend
Charles had a great block on Chubb's 1st TD IIRC

Garrett's playing too much IMO ... gotta give him a few breathers to recover

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
cfrs15 #1521538 10/02/18 08:49 AM
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Collins sucks

BpG #1521552 10/02/18 09:18 AM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: BpG
Collins sucks

Collins looks awful...and Kirksey is as over-rated as was DQ. He played 90% of the snaps and was less-noticeable than Collins. We have TWO good LBs and Burgess. We need help there in a bad way. Seeing Kendricks play for the Seahags grates on me.

I laugh when the announcers mention Kirksey as a key player to watch in the pre-game...just like they used to do with Haden. Still waiting for Kirksey to make a big play...or even make himself seen.

cfrs15 #1521556 10/02/18 09:25 AM
Legend
Legend
Browns’ defensive snap counts, stats, and PFF notes: Week 4

The injury to Terrance Mitchell had a disastrous ripple effect on the rest of the secondary.

By Chris Pokorny@DawgsByNature Oct 1, 2018, 9:16am EDT

Below, we analyze the snap counts and stats on defense for the Cleveland Browns’ Week 4 game against the Oakland Raiders.

Defensive Line
Pos Player Plays % Stats
DL Myles Garrett 87 95% 7 tackles, 2 assists (9 combined). 0.5 sack, 1 TFL, 2 QH.
DL Larry Ogunjobi 79 86% 3 tackles (3 combined). 1 TFL, 2 QH.
DL Emmanuel Ogbah 74 80% 2 tackles, 1 assist (3 combined). 2 passes defended.
DL Trevon Coley 56 61% 1 tackle, 3 assists (4 combined).
DL Chris Smith 5 5% 1 tackle (1 combined).
DL Carl Davis 5 5% No stats registered.
DL Chad Thomas 5 5% No stats registered.
DL Anthony Zettel 5 5% No stats registered.

I am still puzzled at what has led to such a dramatic shift in defensive line reps for Gregg Williams from 2017 to 2018. Again, I am 100% on board with playing Myles Garrett for the majority of the game, but this was another overtime game and he was on the field for 95% of the snaps. Can’t that number be lowered just a tad? Chris Smith showed some really good things the past two games, but this week, with the return of Emmanuel Ogbah, Smith only played a total of 5 snaps.

Garrett had 9 tackles — although Cleveland struggled to bring down Marshawn Lynch at times, Garrett was making run stops left and right. Per PFF:

Myles Garrett looked like a number one overall pick out there in Oakland. Garrett was a handful for the left side of Oakland’s offensive line all afternoon, both in the running game and as a pass-rusher. Garrett came close to double-digit stops in this one and was able to tally a sack in addition to a handful of pressures.

Linebacker
Pos Player Plays % Stats
LB Joe Schobert 92 100% 7 tackles, 7 assists (14 combined). 1 sack, 1 TFL, 1 QH.
LB Christian Kirksey 83 90% 4 tackles, 1 assist (5 combined).
LB Jamie Collins 52 57% 2 tackles, 3 assists (5 combined). 1 sack, 1 TFL, 1 QH, 1 pass defended.
LB Genard Avery 42 46% 2 tackles, 1 assist (3 combined). 0.5 sack, 4 QH.

Joe Schobert led the Browns with 14 tackles, playing every snap out of 92. He also registered the team’s first sack of the game, and Jamie Collins had a sack later on. Schobert was boxed out by TE Jared Cook on one of his touchdown grabs over the middle. Some good defense in another instance led to an interception for CB E.J. Gaines.

Christian Kirksey played a lot of snaps (90%) in his first week back.

Genard Avery continues to generate pressure, having 4 quarterback hits on Derek Carr.

Cornerback
Pos Player Plays % Stats
CB Denzel Ward 92 100% 1 tackle, 2 assists (3 combined).
CB T.J. Carrie 68 74% 7 tackles, 5 assists (12 combined). 1 TFL.
CB E.J. Gaines 42 46% 3 tackles, 2 assists (5 combined). 1 pass defended, 1 INT.
CB Briean Boddy-Calhoun 33 36% 1 tackle, 2 assists (3 combined).
CB Terrance Mitchell 17 18% 3 tackles (3 combined). 1 pass defended.

Denzel Ward played every snap, but had a very quiet game — my initial instinct is that he wasn’t targeted very often.
The biggest defensive issue in this game was the loss of Terrance Mitchell, who now appears to be out for the season.

Mitchell had a strong start to the game, but after his exit, T.J. Carrie played and was abused the rest of the game by the Raiders’ receivers. The play we saw from Carrie against Oakland is reminiscent of what Corey Coleman was doing to him in training camp, and look where Coleman is now. Carrie is definitely the one bust that John Dorsey acquired this offseason.

Safety
Pos Player Plays % Stats
S Damarious Randall 83 90% 6 tackles (6 combined). 1 TFL, 2 passes defended, 1 INT.
S Derrick Kindred 55 60% 2 tackles (2 combined).
S Jabrill Peppers 37 40% No stats registered.

Although he gave up the last touchdown to TE Jared Cook, this looked to be another great game for FS Damarious Randall. He had an interception with a long return, and later made a great read and tackle in the open field in the red zone.

The Browns are definitely sticking with their rotation at safety between Derrick Kindred and Jabrill Peppers. Something seems wrong about the fact that the defense was on the field for 92 plays, and your first-round safety from a year ago couldn’t find a way to get on the stat sheet, though.

From PFF, the Browns were fortunate their secondary issues on Sunday weren’t worse:
It was a rough game for Cleveland’s secondary as an entire unit. Oakland receivers were able to get separation and find holes in Cleveland’s zones fairly consistently throughout the afternoon, and when a pass did fall incomplete, it was usually because of a drop or an off-target throw.

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/10/1/...ff-notes-week-4

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
cfrs15 #1521558 10/02/18 09:29 AM
Legend
Legend
Browns’ offensive snap counts, stats, and PFF notes: Week 4

The Browns had plenty of offense in Week 4, but a disastrous stretch of turnovers bit them in the second half.

By Chris Pokorny@DawgsByNature Oct 1, 2018, 9:01am EDT

Below, we analyze the snap counts and stats on offense for the Cleveland Browns’ Week 4 game against the Oakland Raiders.

Quarterback
Pos Player Plays % Stats
QB Baker Mayfield 82 100% 21-of-41 (51.2%) for 295 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT. 4 rushes, 10 yards (2.5 YPC). 2 fumbles lost.

Baker Mayfield was credited with having four turnovers, but this was not the type of game you look at and say “he was turnover prone.” However, it was very costly when the team had a 28-14 lead mid-way through the third quarter, and he fumbled to help completely shift the momentum in Oakland’s favor.

In terms of decision-making, I thought Mayfield was very good. He also spun out of several tackles and showed some unique arm angles to deliver drop off passes to his receivers. As the game went on, the Raiders started tipping a few of Mayfield’s passes that he was trying to drop over the front seven, including one play to David Njoku that could have went for significant yardage.

Mayfield only completed 51.2% of his passes, but for whatever reason, both teams had a serious case of the drops. I think you could argue that the Browns dropped 5 passes right in their breadbasket, and then a couple more if you count balls you’d like to see the receiver haul in.

Running Back
Pos Player Plays % Stats
RB Carlos Hyde 50 61% 22 carries, 82 yards (3.7 YPC). 1 TD. 0 catches (1 target).
RB Duke Johnson 29 35% 2 carries, 11 yards (5.5 YPC). 4 catches, 45 yards (6 targets). 2 two-point conversions.
RB Nick Chubb 3 4% 3 carries, 105 yards (35.0 YPC). 2 TD.

The hotly-contested play with the officials will be the one where Carlos Hyde appeared to get a first down to seal it. Cleveland ran the ball three times — a decision I cannot disagree with, given the fact that they had an 8-point lead and were trying to get Oakland to burn all three of their timeouts. Man — just imagine if Hyde had gotten a little more push to remove all doubt? He did score his fifth touchdown of the year.

We finally saw Duke Johnson utilized like he should be this week, thanks to a new quarterback under center. Johnson tried to improvise with Mayfield in overtime on a deep route, but the cornerback played it very well to defend the pass away.
Well, we can put Nick Chubb in the record books, and it is a record that might not be broken for a very long time. It’s amazing that he only had three snaps total:

Wide Receiver
Pos Player Plays % Stats
WR Jarvis Landry 73 89% 4 catches, 34 yards (10 targets). 1 TD.
WR Antonio Callaway 57 70% 3 catches, 54 yards (9 targets).
WR Rashard Higgins 53 65% 4 catches, 61 yards (5 targets).
WR Rod Streater 5 6% No stats registered.
WR Derrick Willies 2 2% No stats registered.

Jarvis Landry’s personal streak of having 5 or more catches in a game came to an end. With so much offense, it’s surprising he didn’t have more production. He had an early drop, and then later on, couldn’t haul in another pass (although I think that ball might have been intended for the deeper receiver). He did pull in his first touchdown of the season on a nice fade to the corner.

Besides his 59-yard catch-and-run, this was a terrible outing for rookie Antonio Callaway. He dropped passes left and right and kept slipping. On Mayfield’s downfield throw at the end of regulation to try to set up a field goal, Callaway either slipped or didn’t read the ball well, leading to an easy interception. There needs to be a better fight for that ball. A Callaway slip also led to Mayfield’s pick six at the beginning of the game.

All I can say about Rashard Higgins...man, his route running is so crisp. When he makes his break or his stop, it is so crisp, and that will work very well on plays where Baker Mayfield is trying to time him up.

Rod Streater made his Browns debut with 5 snaps. Derrick Willies also had 2 snaps. Damion Ratley was inactive.

Tight End
Pos Player Plays % Stats
TE David Njoku 69 84% 5 catches, 52 yards (7 targets).
TE Darren Fells 40 49% 1 catch, 49 yards (2 targets). 1 TD.
TE Orson Charles 26 32% 0 catches (1 target).

It was a rather quiet 5 catches for 52 yards for David Njoku. He dropped one pass in the seam, and that’ll be the play most people remember.

Backup Darren Fells made a nice downfield catch and then went for 49 yards after a fortunate slip by two Raiders defenders. His end zone celebration was pretty fun too. Seth DeValve was inactive for the third straight game.

Offensive Line
Pos Player Plays % Stats
OL Desmond Harrison 82 100%
OL Joel Bitonio 82 100%
OL JC Tretter 82 100%
OL Kevin Zeitler 82 100%
OL Chris Hubbard 82 100%
OL Earl Watford 3 4%

The Raiders registered 2 sacks and 4 quarterback hits.
C J.C. Tretter snapped the ball early during the Browns’ disastrous stretch, leading to a fumble in Cleveland territory. RG Kevin Zeitler was also beat on the play that led to QB Baker Mayfield’s first fumble.

Per PFF, LT Desmond Harrison “might not be getting to a Pro Bowl this year, but for a position that was looking like a liability, you’re not hearing his name called a lot, as he holds his own despite the huge step up in competition.”

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/10/1/...ff-notes-week-4

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
WSU Willie #1521561 10/02/18 09:37 AM
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
Collins sucks

Collins looks awful...and Kirksey is as over-rated as was DQ. He played 90% of the snaps and was less-noticeable than Collins. We have TWO good LBs and Burgess. We need help there in a bad way. Seeing Kendricks play for the Seahags grates on me.

I laugh when the announcers mention Kirksey as a key player to watch in the pre-game...just like they used to do with Haden. Still waiting for Kirksey to make a big play...or even make himself seen.

I disagree, I think Kirksey is an above average linebacker well worth what we paid him on the field and in the locker room. He made a TON of plays the past few seasons.

Collins on the other hand shows up like once a game and I am always surprised when he does something. Not worth what we paid him.

BpG #1521567 10/02/18 09:45 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Collins sucks

I've been watching him a lot lately, being a fan when we acquired him. Jamie looks bad this year. Slow and etc. He's in the same gear, first gear, all the time.

He had one sack against Oakland but let's be real, he was 100% untouched. I'm not sure what's up with Jamie but yeah, he's currently not worth what we're paying him. He use to be aggressive and powerful. No one would want to trade for him either with his sort of production.

Hurts me to say that, but it is what it is.

Dawg_LB #1521584 10/02/18 10:29 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
I think we now know exactly why billicheck gave him away during a super bowl run ...

He is the new Crow in my book ....

LAZY UNDERACHIEVING BUM!!!

But hey, we don’t have to deal with that LIAR anymore ... rolleyes ...

cfrs15 #1522351 10/03/18 06:09 PM
Rookie
Rookie
I love this thread and really like the addition by Grateful dog with the snap counts and analysis for each position .
At linebacker I am liking Genard Avery

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 42 Raiders 45 Snap Counts

Link Copied to Clipboard