Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...hree-eagles-dip

Previous rank: No. 23

Said before in this space that, turnovers be damned, Baker Mayfield makes the Browns exciting to watch. Witness the key down in overtime: On third-and-long, the kid phenom evades the Ravens rush, steps back from a collapsing pocket a la Drew Brees and calmly hits Derrick Willies (who?) over the middle for a 39-yard gain. Willies, an undrafted free agent, made the first three catches of his pro career Sunday, with none larger than his catch-and-run in the extra period to set up the game-winning kick. He made the club playing special teams (for the first time). Amazing what opportunities a trade can open up -- and not just for the Patriots.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24933106/nfl-power-rankings-picking-toughest-games-all-32-teams

The Cleveland Browns have been a feel-good story after doubling their win total over the past two season in just five 2018 games. Can they keep it up? It will be a tough climb with their schedule.

ESPN's NFL Football Power Index (FPI) projects the Browns to have the second most difficult remaining schedule in the league. But how does your team's schedule stack up through Week 17? As you read through our Week 6 NFL Power Rankings, we have strength-of-schedule (SOS) ranks based on FPI for every team.

How we rank the teams: Our power panel -- a group of more than 80 writers, editors and TV personalities -- evaluated how all 32 teams stack up through the first five weeks of the season.

18. Cleveland Browns
Record: 2-2-1
Week 5 ranking: 23

Rest-of-season SOS ranking: 2nd. The Browns' toughest remaining game is Week 8 at the Steelers, where they have a 16 percent chance to win, according to FPI. Cleveland already has tied the Steelers this season, and they are the only team in NFL history to be tied at some point in the fourth quarter of each of their first five games in a season. -- Clawson

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/10/nfl-pow...teelers-cowboys

16. Cleveland Browns
Record: 2-2-1
Result: 12-9 W vs. BAL

No matter how well the offense plays going forward, the Browns defense is going to be good enough to keep this team around .500 all season. If Baker Mayfield continues to improve, a Wild Card push is not out of the question.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
jeez, we got the 2nd hardest schedule remaining in the league?

if we win 7-8 games this season, its a success. if we get a winning record.....

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Benjamin Allbright has them 8th.

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish

The Bengals are rolling, the Ravens are strong, and the Steelers still get a ton of respect even though they have looked so-so over the first 5 weeks. And that's 4 of our remaining 11 games. Then you throw in the Falcons who are better than their record, the Chargers, the Chiefs, the Panthers...

Whatever we get the rest of the way we are absolutely going to have to earn.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend

Here is the deal the way I see it.

First is the division. We tied the Steelers and beat the Ravens. Both games were at home.

So we still play both away. And have two games with the Bengals.

We have a good shot at 500 or better in the division.

The rest of the schedule although tough look about the same to me meaning 50/50.

At this point I don't a see a team that we can not beat. At the same time any of the teams on our schedule are capable of beating us.

All the predictions and talk of favorites is all BS to me. We simple don't know.

We are that kind of team. We have talent. But are prone to mistakes. I don't think it will change drastically but we should get better as the season goes on.

We are fun to watch and I think we will be in every game. That alone is a huge difference.

Power rankings? Yes we are middle of the pack.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Swish

Honestly, I would say that even we had the easiest schedule

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Here is the deal the way I see it.

First is the division. We tied the Steelers and beat the Ravens. Both games were at home.

So we still play both away. And have two games with the Bengals.

We have a good shot at 500 or better in the division.

The rest of the schedule although tough look about the same to me meaning 50/50.

At this point I don't a see a team that we can not beat. At the same time any of the teams on our schedule are capable of beating us.

All the predictions and talk of favorites is all BS to me. We simple don't know.

We are that kind of team. We have talent. But are prone to mistakes. I don't think it will change drastically but we should get better as the season goes on.

We are fun to watch and I think we will be in every game. That alone is a huge difference.

Power rankings? Yes we are middle of the pack.
Twice today I agree 100% with your take. Our record, all stats (yards for yards against, points for points against etc.) leaving out the TO diff are about 50/50 as well. We are capable of losing and winning every game we play here on out this year. We are really going to see what these kids have and what Hue Jackson brings to the table THIS year.

Legend
Legend
Let's look at the schedule:

San Diego
at Tampa Bay
at Pittsburgh
Kansas City
Atlanta
BYE
at Cincinnati
at Houston
Carolina
at Denver
Cincinnati
at Baltimore

There aren't many easy ones on there

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

^ THAT'S just brutal.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
That is the point. We are not good enough to have an easy game.

You look around every week and "favorites" get beat.

I don't even have a guess as to how we will do.

But I think we have a shot at any game.

Legend
Legend
We can win the Bye week. But we need to play tougher for the year. Go ahead and win! Make me cheer! I dare ya!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

San Diego
at Tampa Bay
at Pittsburgh
Kansas City
Atlanta
BYE
at Cincinnati
at Houston
Carolina
at Denver
Cincinnati
at Baltimore

Many ? The easiest ones are probably Tampa, Houston and Denver, and they will be favored.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Halfback32

San Diego
at Tampa Bay
at Pittsburgh
Kansas City
Atlanta
BYE
at Cincinnati
at Houston
Carolina
at Denver
Cincinnati
at Baltimore

Many ? The easiest ones are probably Tampa, Houston and Denver, and they will be favored.

Atlanta isnt very good these days...

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend

San Diego
at Tampa Bay
at Pittsburgh
Kansas City
Atlanta
BYE
at Cincinnati
at Houston
Carolina
at Denver
Cincinnati
at Baltimore

Not easy ones, but there are winnable games in there. KC will be a really tough game, but I think that the reast could be won.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Browns stats: Off YPG 16th - 20th PPG - 23rd passing - 2nd rushing. Def 27th YPG - 12th PPG allowed - 27tth vs Pass - 22nd vs the run. FIrst in fumble recoveries with 7 - tied for third in interceptions (key to their D) - 2nd in QB Rating allowed 74.2- tied 8th pass TDs allowed

https://twitter.com/BrownsScout/status/1050171082202845184

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Rushes of 0 yards (no kneels):
33 CLE
32 SF
31 LAC
30 HOU
29 NYJ
28 ATL, BAL
26 TEN, NYG, BUF, SEA, DEN
25 KC
24 MIA
23 PHI, CHI, GB, WAS
22 TB, OAK, DAL
20 PIT, LAR, CIN
19 ARZ, DET, CAR
19 MIN, NE
17 IND
16 JAX
15 NO

https://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/1049860806379098113

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 10/10/18 08:38 PM.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
We can win the Bye week. But we need to play tougher for the year. Go ahead and win! Make me cheer! I dare ya!

Who was the poster last year after all the junk went down w/McCarron said something like:

"We can't even win the bye week?" rofl

V
Legend
Legend
V
I know y'all won't like this, but I am preaching caution.

Having high expectations can lead to unrealistic predictions and then that leads to playing the blame game.

This is a year to grow. Develop the young talent. Learn how to win close games. Improve the environment. Create a positive buzz.

Please don't place high expectations on this team. They could lead to then placing blame on certain individuals and that will only set us back.

If the Browns somehow exceed conservative expectations this year.....well, it would be an added bonus.

Let's not do anything to upset the momentum we are building. Please?????????????????????

Legend
Legend
LOLouder. And we didn't. Last year has left the building.

But I think we can hold our own and we can only play to the level the defense provides us with opportunity. This will be one of those "Dig little pig, or starve" games. Hope the hometown helps out. Hostility is order of the day, and we need some folks to dial up there intensity and focus.

Playing for a streak.
Unleash the Elf!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg

Who was the poster last year after all the junk went down w/McCarron said something like:

"We can't even win the bye week?" rofl

I remember the post, but not who made it.

By someone sabotaging that McCarron trade - we did win the bye week.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
So happy to see the Browns NOT in the 30's with said ranking...and now NOT in the 20's...climb this baby all the way to single digits and playoffs.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
We are 4-1 adjusted for Refs.

We should be somewhere in top 8 mathematically.

The problem is we are the Browns. We’ve had promising starts before only for something insane to derail us. So for now #16 seems fair.

When we beat some good teams they will move us up and pretend they liked us all along. It’s called being a journalist tongue

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 14 Chargers 38 Weekly Power Rankings Week 6

Link Copied to Clipboard