Next Thread
Print Thread
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
thumbsup

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
still won't bet on em smile

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I’m predicting it’ll go to over-time.

#GMSTRONG
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
At least it's after the trade deadline this season...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A week to gel a bit more. A week for Baker to study film. A week to rest sore tired, bodies. A week to work on schemes. I say we beat the Bengals.

Last edited by 1oldMutt; 11/15/18 05:42 AM.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Hardy har har...lol laugh

Hey just heal up baby and I'd like for us to win all our Divisional games.

Would love to win out to secure Williams at HC and Kitchens at OC. On that Mic'd up tape Williams definitely has made Baker much more confident and loose.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Will it give us a tie-breaker. This week is a lock! rofl

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Fox commentators said the Falcons were a lock to beat the Browns

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
E
Legend
Legend
E
lol... laugh

Yeah I know, I remember alluding to that. Right down the line in their "LOCK" "UPSET" segment where they go down the list of ALL THE GAMES out their they get to choose one game that is an upset and one game that is their LOCK pick as in sure thing.

Atlanta, Atlanta, Atlanta as in their LOCK pick. I'm thinking all along that man am I a HOMER or what cause I think we have proven in our games that we are anything but a LOCK to lose.
But I had to be wrong cause look at all the experts picking us to be a 100% loss if their life depended on it. So I'm like squinting one eye in bracing myself for a royal butt thumping...but as it turned out the Thumping did happen but just in the wrong direction of those "SO CALLED EXPERTS" lol laugh

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: eotab
lol... laugh

Yeah I know, I remember alluding to that. Right down the line in their "LOCK" "UPSET" segment where they go down the list of ALL THE GAMES out their they get to choose one game that is an upset and one game that is their LOCK pick as in sure thing.

Atlanta, Atlanta, Atlanta as in their LOCK pick. I'm thinking all along that man am I a HOMER or what cause I think we have proven in our games that we are anything but a LOCK to lose.
But I had to be wrong cause look at all the experts picking us to be a 100% loss if their life depended on it. So I'm like squinting one eye in bracing myself for a royal butt thumping...but as it turned out the Thumping did happen but just in the wrong direction of those "SO CALLED EXPERTS" lol laugh

Should have picked the Steelers as a lock laugh

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I understood it was EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. That snarky, smarmy snideness goes real well with the massive crow they gagged down. Wonder if we can get a feature spot on that.
True news that.

Fox blew it. Browns haters taken down! catfight flamingmad

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
1st String
1st String
Yeah as at least they either do not win or lose. No matter what. In the bye week that is.

May Flowers and Spring Weather!
Legend
Legend
I feel somewhat better about the thread title since Johnny is gone from the team. I always worried that he would lose vs the bye, or even the players day off.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I can't wait for the day we get some respect nationally... even yesterday the guys in Huston already gave a win to the texans against us... I mean com eon... I know the texans will be favored but we're going to be in every game due to defense...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I took the under against the bye week.

Can't wait to play again.

T
Legend
Legend
T
This thread might be funny, but, .... the whole forum, Gameday vs the bye week?

I was about to think it's the dumbest thing, they should just fast forward to the next opponent, but then, it may help remind me some years if I don't know the schedule, that the next opponent is two weeks away.

Let's face it. The Browns are not a good football team. The Browns have a reputation of being bad, and they've earned it, earned it over 20 years plus.

Are they ever going to get out of 4th place in the North? 4th in the North, Afc North.

THE BENGALS? not only have swept the Browns for about 11 of the past 12 years, (you know, those hapless lousy bengals, that ain't won a playoff game since 1991) those losers,

those, have swept the Browns for most years as some Bengal fans around me remind me, not only that, but they always seem to be ahead of the Browns in the standings.

The Browns aren't good! (or), (Aren't good "enough" yet)

Inconsistent! Can't run the ball, Cant Throw the ball. Browns can't protect the quarterback, can't get at the other's quarterback.

Can't keep a team together, Can't find a way to go ONE YEAR, without a Rookie QB, and first year HC or BOTH!

That's it! That's our team! like it or Not, the Browns can't even win 3 in a row, ( they almost did, should have,)

Jets, Raiders, Baltimore, shoulda. But somehow even (the ONLY team in a longg time that didn't look like the belonged on the field with the Browns , the Raiders, which it looked like the Browns could just Manhandle, and choose how many points the Browns wanted to score that day,

somehow, even with an 8 pt lead and the ball with 1.21 to go, and a first down by stick meausement,
somehow the Browns found a way to lose even that game.

The Browns! somehow, should, get humble, get to the grindstone, and do something, anything to find out how to do one thing that helps them win one more game, Anywhere!

Because the Browns. The defense is bad. the special teams is bad, the ability to get touchdowns is bad, the offense is inconsistent,

And they have talent! they have talent!!! but they don't know how to "use" it.
They don't know how to "work together" to end in a win on gamedays.

The team has got a "lot" of work to do, there should be some serious introspection during the bye week.

Because where is the progress? Can they even go 3-5 through an 8 game stretch since OBAMA Was elected!

The Saints are on TV about to win their 9th straight. The Aints! the bag over their head fan wearing Ain'ts

And the Browns still can't seem to win ANY game against ANY one of the 31 other NFL teams, with any conviction,

but! they are in love with the feeling of being contenders because they won "one" game last week.

The Browns have 6 games left. If they can't win any 2 more, there isn't "any" progress from the last 4 years, except, well, you know, coach being gone.

"NO MORE LOSING!" "NO MORE LOSING!"

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
rofl

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

The Browns have 6 games left. If they can't win any 2 more, there isn't "any" progress from the last 4 years

We've already tripled the number of wins over the last two seasons combined, what more could you want??

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Win. Go 3-5 or better.

Don't start out 2-5.
Don't go 2-6 or worse.

Browns are 1-1 with 6 games remaining.

"What more could you want??"

E
Legend
Legend
E
hmmm...interesting post of your true feelings...lol

One thing you over look as we will beat your Bengals. We for the first time have a QB on our team and this being his rookie season he will get better and better as the years go on. We have come out of the Expansion shell finally. You can take that to the Bank. This season is just a warm up and we will see the transition next season to a viable threat to the Division.

If we were allowed to throw 5 INTs like Big Ben and get two of them given back like only the Steelers can to win games...smh They have cheated long enough. their time is up! Ours is just starting...Bengals, lol in the end they will take over the mocking that we have received over the Expansion - present years.

Lets go Dorsey...keep the rebuild going. Make this team better over the offseason! FA Players will now want to come here.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

D
1st String
1st String
D
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
thumbsup

Great Game.... Browns 31 - Bye Week 30 in O.T.

Just the dawg in me..........
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
I feel good about that because I would just love to see are defense dominate watson

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DeaconDawg
thumbsup

I lost money, I went the under.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Same here. I thought they'd have a letdown after the big win.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: DeaconDawg
thumbsup

Trying to figure if this is scoringly possible.

Ot score is 29, Browns get a safety, a safety wins it they stay at 29, so no.

Ot is 28, fg to 31, somehow they get a safety on offense? No.

Ot is 27, they get a Fg, and the Browns get a somehow 4 point play on one possession? no

Ot starts at 24, they get a 6 pt td, no extra point, any td at first the game is over. so No

maybe the Ot score was 30, and there's that some 1 point play I'm forgetting about.

I got it! A safety on the extra point attempt, where the extra point is also good,, don't know how it could happen, in fact, I'm sure it couldn't but closest way I could think. And the Ot would have to begin, "mid extra point" impossible.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
My true feelings, the Browns could be much better, and should, they have the talent for it.

Today, thoughts. Hue on Cincy defense.

Mayfield is going to see different types of pressure than he's yet seen, pass protection of the Browns is probably not ready unless they've givein it extra focus.

Mayfield likes to step up into the pocket, (his mainly, only move when pressure, is to step forward.)

I question/wonder if Bengal Brass wishes to take Baker out of the game with some contrived hit.

My true feelings include wanting to travel across the USA and not overhear side talk about how bad the Browns are as happenstance,

But if they can't get out of the basement of the division, EVER! then what gives.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
E
Legend
Legend
E
We wouldnt be in the basement if we had a kicker. We'd be in playoff contention.

Thems da breaks

No Craps Given
T
Legend
Legend
T
Are you talking about the years Phil Dawson was still on the Browns, because I'm trying to remember better positions in the standings.

Actually, I know you are talking about this year, but I'm talking about all the years basically since 2001, or even 2011.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Come on, man!

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
I question/wonder if Bengal Brass wishes to take Baker out of the game with some contrived hit.

This went through my mind. Burfict. Maybe not from the brass. He’s just a cheap shot waiting for a target.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Bye Week Browns are strong favorites against the bye!

Link Copied to Clipboard