Bre Payton, conservative writer, dies at 26 after sudden illness
Alex Pappas By Alex Pappas | Fox News
Facebook
Twitter
Flipboard
Comments
Print
Email

Bre Payton, staff writer at The Federalist and a regular guest on Fox News, dies at 26 after sudden illness
Payton died after a friend says she was admitted to the hospital with swine flu and possible meningitis.

Bre Payton, a conservative writer at The Federalist and frequent guest on television news outlets including Fox News Channel, died Friday after a sudden illness, according to her employer. She was 26.

Those who knew and worked with Payton at the Federalist website expressed shock Friday over her death. She had been on television just days earlier.

“Bre has passed,” publisher Ben Domenech tweeted. “We are devastated. Last we saw her, she was her funny, smart, vivacious self. Now lost to us so suddenly.”

Ben Domenech
✔
@bdomenech
· 11h
I am asking you all to pray this morning for our own @Bre_payton, who is battling a horrible and sudden medical condition.https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/brepayton

Bre | CaringBridge
Around 8:30 this morning, December 27th, Bre's friend went into her room and found her unresponsive and barely breathing. She immediately called 911 and Bre was taken to the hospital where she was...

caringbridge.org

Ben Domenech
✔
@bdomenech
Bre has passed. We are devastated. Last we saw her, she was her funny, smart, vivacious self. Now lost to us so suddenly. pic.twitter.com/2qJ624A4Dl

2:45 PM - Dec 28, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy
View image on Twitter
859 people are talking about this
A few hours earlier Friday, Domenech asked for prayers and linked to a CaringBridge website that said Payton was found unresponsive on Thursday in San Diego. Doctors, according to the post, determined she had contracted the “H1N1 flu and possibly meningitis.”

Payton, who was based in Washington, was in California this week guest-hosting a show on the One America News Network. On Wednesday, Payton told her Twitter followers to tune in that night to see her on television.

But the next morning, according to the CaringBridge post, a friend found her “unresponsive and barely breathing.”

“She immediately called 911 and Bre was taken to the hospital where she was admitted to the ICU, sedated & intubated, and doctors began working up a diagnosis,” the post said. “After a CT scan and hours of testing, they have determined she has the H1N1 flu and possibly meningitis.”

View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter

Bre Payton
@Bre_payton
Tune in to @OANN tonight at 9 pm ET where I’ll be filling in as guest host for @Liz_Wheeler on Tipping Point!

6:59 PM - Dec 7, 2018
47 people are talking about this
The Federalist, in a post on the site Friday, remembered Payton as someone who “brightened the lives of everyone around her.”

“She was joyful, hard-working, and compassionate, and she leaves behind friends and colleagues for whom she brought nothing but sweetness and light,” the post said.

In recent weeks, Payton appeared as a guest on Fox News’ "Your World with Neil Cavuto" and "Trish Regan Primetime" on Fox Business. She has also been on "Fox & Friends" and "Fox News @ Night."

“I cannot believe this. @Bre_payton was such a beautiful light, smart and funny and kind and talented,” Fox News anchor Shannon Bream tweeted. “Please pray for her broken hearted loved ones, who are undoubtedly reeling. She was far too young.”

Shannon Bream
✔
@ShannonBream
I cannot believe this. @Bre_payton was such a beautiful light, smart and funny and kind and talented. Please pray for her broken hearted loved ones, who are undoubtedly reeling. She was far too young. 🙏🏼💔

Morgan Murtaugh
✔
@morganmurtaugh
Thank you everyone for your prayers. It is with a heavy heart that I type this. Unfortunately Bre has passed. Please send prayers to her family. Rest in paradise you beautiful soul. https://twitter.com/morganmurtaugh/status/1078671635018743809

2:39 PM - Dec 28, 2018
1,115 people are talking about this
According to her biography at The Federalist, Payton wrote stories on “subjects ranging from Kanye West to Supreme Court rulings, to 2016 and breaking news.” She previously worked as a reporter for Watchdog.org and received her degree in political journalism from Patrick Henry College.

Legend
Legend
Who?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
No clue who this person was, but 26 is too young to die, regardless of her politics or her feelings on vaccines

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Agree i feel for her family and friends .

Legend
Legend
Totally agree... feel for her family...

<><

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
H1N1 is a bad strand. It makes it's way around every 10-15 years. Hope my flu shot has it covered.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I am not an anti vaxxer, but i don't get the flu shot.

I received it once in my life, a within a month of getting it i was the sickest i had ever been. This was 10 years ago, never received it again, never got flu since. IDK.

I absolutely believe in vaccines for your children etc. I just don't think the flu vaccine is worth anything. If it was, it wouldn't be free

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Fox News Commentator, and Anti Vaxxer, dies after battle with Swine Flu

Link Copied to Clipboard