P
Phil Hendrie. He was pretty funny.

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

I think his name is Acile Tyree coach. rofl (Great line from a movie)

Seriously, I think it was Jerry Rice, maybe another hall of famer, which tried to come back from a common injury, (may have been this one) in .. it was 9 months, but it was the first person to try in under a 12 month recovery.

And IIRC. He only lasted a couple plays, -half a game before re-injuring the same leg in a similar fashion.

Something to think about.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Well as stated in these playoffs after the Wild card history shows a big % of wins going to the home teams.

Chiefs it just was a no contest from square one. Colts were never in it.

Cowboys Rams: I of course were a little biased as my son who roots for the Browns is a Cowboy fan. I thought their D could dominate but instead were horrible and saw one of the worst Run D efforts in a playoff game maybe in history at least when running the football was not the basic O for all.

Dak had one good series and then he was horrible afterwards, not setting his feet panicking and showing that he is not a Championship QB, Dallas will not win one with Dak at the helm.

Rams OL was right on the mark when I stated that the week off might benefit them as they seemed old and tired in those last few weeks of the season. They rested, they healed and they wee AMAZING against one of the most acclaimed DLs of the NFC.
Just dominated them. A little pressure though on Goff makes him throw some very bad passes. But without pressure the kid is very accurate and can tear you apart. That little formation with the Jet sweep or hand off or fake both and pass or throw the swing pass after the fake....just worked and worked and worked as Dallas just could not handle that formation.

Anderson looked like Jim Brown for crying out loud, did they say this was his 4th team THIS SEASON...lol laugh

For a dominating Defense that was the Cowboys only hope they simply got dominated.

Which happened to be very important because even with the total domination the Cowboys were within one score in the 4th quarter and that was without turnovers. I think a little domination by the Boys D would have given them a win.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
jc...

saywhat

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: mac
jc...

saywhat

Can you express yourself better mac??? what is that suppose to mean. Was I incorrect in anything I stated? I know you did "jc" but that was a very weird post and usually you are not one to be lost for words...lol laugh

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

T
Legend
Legend
T
Can we just say it. The Patriots are NOT going to lose to any of these 3 teams, period.

Ric Flair used to say, " To be the Man you've got to beat the Man"

" Space Mountain might be the oldest ride in the park, but it's still got the longest line." " Whooo!"

" Weather you LIKE IT ,or DON'T LIKE IT, you better LEARNN to love it!, because it's the BEST THING, GOING!, TODAY!, "

--------
Seriously, somebody's going to have to outthink, and outsmart, Bill Bellicic and Tom Brady, and I don't think it's going to happen.

There's NO WAY, Pat Mahommes can be ready, to beat Brady and Bellichic and the Patriots,

But I'd LOVE TO SEE IT! I don't want the Patriots to win, but I don't think anybody (of these 3 teams) can beat em.

They could let the other teams play with 12 players on the field, and I still think the Patriots, would win it, because they're just too motivated and unstoppable, and experienced, and the one thing they do best

The Patriots outthink game situations, situationaly, in the moment, faster and better than any competition, and That's why they have all but the first two of their championships,
(one of them may have been they had a team back then that could morph itself into any style of whole game matchup that was called for,) which is something slightly different.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
The Cowboys haven't had a "real" good defense since the 1970's, Right?

E
Legend
Legend
E
Don't know - They won Championships in the 90's so I can only ASSume that their defense was pretty good.

Wanstadt and Butch made a career off of those D's.

What I was saying was their Defense THIS YEAR was suppose to be good and could Dominate and Dominate they did not do. It just Broke down like a Soap Opera Star...But
13th in passing as they broke down from time to time, but like 5th against the rush and 7th total yards.

But they had a D that was possibly a Shut Down dominate D.
But that last game was just terrible.

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

In week six the Patriots squeaked by the Chiefs at home 43-40. In an even match up, the home team is given a three point advantage. The Patriots also lost five out of eight games on the road this year. The Chiefs are 7-1 at home this year.

While watching last weeks game the Pats played against the Chargers, one thing became clear. Brady has become weak with the long ball. They floated and were short. His time is coming to an end. Not yet, but signs of weakness with the long ball are hints at what the future holds. Father time can be a cruel teacher.

By contrast, Mahomes is a complete QB. He can burn you short, side arm or deep. He is the future and Brady is the past. The only thing that gives me pause is the K.C. defense. That have not faired well this season. They did however step up to the plate last week against the Colts and made their high powered O like very lackluster.

Advantage; Kansas City

The Saints lost to the Rams in L. A. earlier in the season by six points. The Saints also lost to the Pats at home this year by 16. The tougher teams have given them fits this year. When looking at their schedule and results this year, when considering most of the teams they've beaten, it really doesn't seem that impressive to me.

The Rams have the 9th rated D in the league while the Saints D is ranked 14th. That may end up being the overriding factor in the end.

I'm going with the young blood on this one yet again. I like the fresh approach Sean McVay brings and while I think Brees certainly has an edge in the QB department, no matter what anyone says, if you have a good QB, from there it's a team game. Both teams have good QB's.

Advantage; Rams

So I'm going with the end results being the match up I wanted all along. I see a Rams vs Chiefs Super Bowl!

Out with the old and in with the new. I see Kansas City winning the Super Bowl and Andy Reid finally getting his ring. A couple of young QB's who will certainly be written about in the future of the NFL. One QB in his second year and one in his third year.

These times they are a changing. The future is now. Not only for all of us as Browns fans and the franchise we all love so dearly, but for the entire face of the NFL. It's nice to feel going forward that we will actually be a big part of that discussion.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Bill Bellichic's Brain is like Dustin Hoffman's character counting cards in Los Vegas from the Movie "Rain Man".

Advantage Patriots,

Until someobody cracks the code and outcoaches Bill, like he did when he figured out how to outcoach his mentor Parcells, many years ago,

Until somebody outcoaches Bill, neither Arm Strength, nor Size and Speed, nor Athletic Ability will have much to do with Why the Patriots continue to beat everyone else.
That's my opinion, and I'll watch to see if I'm wrong, it's been much the case since about 2000.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chiefs aren't losing. Saints might.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Chiefs aren't losing. Saints might.

I got the Pats and the Saints ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Bill Bellichic's Brain is like Dustin Hoffman's character counting cards in Los Vegas from the Movie "Rain Man".

Advantage Patriots,

Until someobody cracks the code and outcoaches Bill, like he did when he figured out how to outcoach his mentor Parcells, many years ago,

Until somebody outcoaches Bill, neither Arm Strength, nor Size and Speed, nor Athletic Ability will have much to do with Why the Patriots continue to beat everyone else.
That's my opinion, and I'll watch to see if I'm wrong, it's been much the case since about 2000.

I suppose you didn't watch the Super Bowl last year. Philly beat them with their back-up QB. They've lost five games this year.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season NFL Post Season 2018 Divisional Round of 2018 Playoffs.--Analysis and Predictions

Link Copied to Clipboard