Print Thread
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/lin...-2019-nfl-draft

Didn't Telfer (TE) announce a pick last year?

And did he not get released soon after???

I don't wish us to start a trend!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Kirksey isn't going anywhere I hope. We missed him dearly when he went down last year.

Legend
Legend
Yeah, I saw this a week or so ago and thought, "This is going to be awkward when he announces his replacement."

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
I don't think he is...just stating it as Telfer was cut. I think he was our Players Rep, not sure.

Again just saying I hope this isn't a kiss of depth being established...lol laugh

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: eotab
I don't think he is...just stating it as Telfer was cut. I think he was our Players Rep, not sure.

Again just saying I hope this isn't a kiss of depth being established...lol laugh

I'm guessing it's because both guys were named our Walter Payton Man of the Year in 2017 and 2018, respectively.

M
Legend
Legend
M
That’s a nice gesture for what is likely his last season with the Browns.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Draft his replacement (or move Avery to Will and draft a Sam), but let him stay on as a special teams captain and depth. Could fill in if Schobert goes down again.

Not sure what his value is around the league, but he does have some here locker room-wise at a minimum. He's been a solid LB when healthy.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg
Draft his replacement (or move Avery to Will and draft a Sam), but let him stay on as a special teams captain and depth. Could fill in if Schobert goes down again.

Not sure what his value is around the league, but he does have some here locker room-wise at a minimum. He's been a solid LB when healthy.

He doesn't have locker room value of $8.2 million as a backup. Unfortunately, he has $20M in guarantees from his 2017 contract, that pays him as a starter. This year it would cost us money to cut him. Next year, though, it would save us money. He's here for this year. He's probably gone next year.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

He doesn't have locker room value of $8.2 million as a backup. Unfortunately, he has $20M in guarantees from his 2017 contract, that pays him as a starter. This year it would cost us money to cut him. Next year, though, it would save us money. He's here for this year. He's probably gone next year.

Or at least asked to take a pay cut, aye.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Or Draft a WILL, and leave Avery @SAM ... Kirko can back up all three, if we can find his replacement. That would also keep our LBs' from playing every snap ... That and getting off the field on 3rd downs.

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 04/16/19 10:45 PM.

[Linked Image]

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Avery is a good SAM and progressed with each game. You know who he reminds me of?

JAMIR MILLER...played most of his career out of position in a 3-4 Defense. With Butch he had his first 4-3 D and lined up alot outside of our DE created a lot of pressure and had his best season sacking the QB...next season he tore his Achilles Tendon if I recollect. Ending his career.

Avery can be all that Miller was and more. The kid is a babe and should progress every year. Curious how he does in his first off season with us and his conditioning. I predict he will be a little Bigger and a little FASTER!

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season 2019 NFL Draft Kirksey Announcing our 3rd round pick.

Link Copied to Clipboard