#1615415 04/19/19 06:19 AM
D
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
D
Thoughts upon this idea:

Browns trade: 2nd round pick (49) 5th round pick (155) Duke Johnson to
Cowboys for: 2nd round pick (58) & 3rd round pick (90)

Last edited by DawgPound32; 04/19/19 06:30 AM.
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
I would probably try to get a more. I think Duke is worth more to us than that. And it would depend on who is there at 49. I.e. if any Jeffery Simmons falls to 49, no way I trade that pick.

All Pro
All Pro
That would equate to 5th round value for Duke, but if we were to trade him I would hope it would be to move up, not down. Even with the extra day two pick.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think they will try to trade Duke at the draft, but I would want to keep him.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: BpG

They already said that they view Duke as integral to the offense going forward..

So, he's gone.

yebat' Putin
E
Legend
Legend
E
Trading down from #49 is without any value.

You trade down usually to procure a bevy of draft picks in the IMPACT area of 1st and 2nd round.

So I see no value in trading down unless somebody makes a silly offer that we cannot refuse. That would not be the one you show as an example.

But I got a feeling we will target somebody and possibly trade up a few spots to assure we acquire him.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
D
Here is a better layout for topic of discussion

Cowboys for: 2nd round pick (58) 3rd round pick (90)

2nd round pick (58) LB- Mack Wilson Alabama
3rd round pick (80) CB- Julian Love Notre Dame
3rd round pick (90) S- Amani Hooker Iowa

Giants trade: 4th round pick (108) to
Browns for: 5th round picks (144) & (170)

Giants need bodies- 4 5th round picks (142) (143) (144) (170)

4th round pick (108) DL- Trysten Hill UCF
4th round pick (119) OT- Bobby Evans Oklahoma
6th round pick (189) CB- Jimmy Moreland James Madison
7th round pick (221) LB- Tre Lamar Clemson

Draft Recap:

Browns address every position in need and all players can be potential starters with adding good depth

Free Agent Signings: (1 year deals)

TJ Yeldon RB
Nick Perry LB
Kai Forbath K

Last edited by DawgPound32; 04/19/19 11:34 AM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No way I do that trade. Based on the trade value chart there is only an 11 point difference in the picks by themselves, not including Duke, and an early 7th rnd pick is worth 11 points. I think Duke is worth more than an early 7th rnd pick.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: DawgPound32
Thoughts upon this idea:

Anything is possible. We can speculate and bicker about value until we are blue in the face. We will find out come Thursday night

Well, I will find out Friday morning. To me, watching the draft is very boring. It gets exciting once it gets a pick or two away as you hope some player remains on the board. I am not going to sit there watching for 3-4 hours in the hopes we trade up.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

Agreed. I see no value in trading from 49.

You trade down when you can acquire picks in the impact area.

In addition, we are no longer in that mode. Thankfully we should be after quality not quantity.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Agreed. I see no value in trading from 49.

You trade down when you can acquire picks in the impact area.

In addition, we are no longer in that mode. Thankfully we should be after quality not quantity.

I agree. I would trade our whole draft for Bosa or that LB White. I know we need CBs but well I don't like CBS they are not sexy.

Legend
Legend
I'd rather keep him that trade him for a 4/5 rounder ... JMO

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thoughts upon this idea:

I think DJ is only with a Cowboy's 6th this year at best... probably a 6th next year. Especially since they have Zeek and other needs.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
I'd guess a 5th/6th as well, and to me, that's pointless ... those picks are about a 15% turn out rate

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I really don't get this thread.

Legend
Legend
Piling up picks we can cut isn't a driver IMO. Swap some of these for real help. We can make it happen. Dorsey may bump up. Bottom third of round one maybe. Know in a few days.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

LOL Neither do I... I'm so confused!

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
I see us trading up if not in the first maybe back into the 2nd 3rd or 4th we con't need all 8 picks ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: BpG

They already said that they view Duke as integral to the offense going forward..

So, he's gone.

Yeh I was thinking something similar..someone offers a 3rd..he's out.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Cleveland-Browns-Duke-Johnson-trade--130838367/

From a financial perspective, Johnson has a salary cap hit of $3.05 million and a dead cap hit of $4.05 million. It would actually cost Cleveland more to trade him than to keep him. If Cleveland wants to part with him, it would make more sense next season.

The Browns may be more inclined to hold onto him until the NFL Trade Deadline because Kareem Hunt is forced to serve an eight game suspension this season.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
I see us trading up if not in the first maybe back into the 2nd 3rd or 4th we con't need all 8 picks ...

I agree. Do not trade back into the first. I can see us trading up in the second rd if someone in particular falls into the early part of rd 2.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I don't see us trading Duke unless somebody offers us a ridiculous draft pick. He ain't going anywhere.

Also I think his request for a trade was a knee jerk reaction to the acquisition of Hunt. But Hunt won't be around until game 9 and he still would need a couple of weeks to get the rust off.

As mentioned if we do end up trading him it will be just before the trade deadline to a team who lost their go to RB. I can always see him going to Green Bay we seem to have a connection there.

But you trade down to accumulate more picks...why would we want more 5th and 6th round picks. We got a very talented team and rounds 3-7 will have a hard time making our roster we don't need more of them...lol laugh

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
If we can trade him for a player we like, or to move up in the draft, then we'll probably trade him. If not, then we'll probably stand pat. I don't see us trading him for a 6th round pick.

I cannot see us using 8 draft picks. I think that we'll use 5, (maybe 6, at the very most) and trade the rest, either to move up, to add future picks, or in trade(s) for (a) veteran player(s).

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
Legend
Legend
C
If we don’t trade up for a specific guy that we like, I’d guess we trade down and try to pick up some extra picks for next year.

I think the possibility of us staying at 49 are remote.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

Someone with 3 posts, now 4, started a thread advocating the Browns trade down, (opposite of reason) given the current state of talent of the team and number of picks the Browns don't have in the first round.

They continued, explaining the trade as something so completely one sided in favor of the Cowboys as to be beyone the pale, to be nice,

But they threw in some muck of swip swapping positions in later rounds, but even that was still one sided against the Browns.

The whole thing was so outrageous I thought for sure it wouldn't be responded to or would be deleted, and made me almost respond how it's a nice thing some boards require a small number of posts, even 20 before someone can start a topic,

I didn't want to respond to it at all, so it wouldn't bump and stay on the first page, but it's already too late it seems.

And another respsonse I woulda had is the title should be restructured as it seems to state a fact, and not a "what if" scenario.

-------

We used to draft "hot wheels" cars back in the 70's, every time we'd fight so much, we were forced to put them all in a pile and pick one by one until you could only play with the ones in your pile the whole day.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There will be NO trade down.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dorsey WILL trade up. Bank on it.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Thoughts upon this idea:

Anything is possible. We can speculate and bicker about value until we are blue in the face. We will find out come Thursday night

Well, I will find out Friday morning. To me, watching the draft is very boring. It gets exciting once it gets a pick or two away as you hope some player remains on the board. I am not going to sit there watching for 3-4 hours in the hopes we trade up.

I won't even watch the draft tonight. I haven't even been thinking about it.

Last year I watched until we took our CB at #4. The year before I lost interest after we turned in the Myles Garrett pick.

I don't care what other teams do.

If the Browns trade back into the first round, I'll read it here and that's good enough for me.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
I thought he would go get a 1 as well, and it is reported that he tried. Didn't strike a deal.

Took a pass on it for round one. Hope we pan some gold on Friday. Not much to hope for on Saturday.

A passing thought: There should be a sequel to Draft Day, and Dorsey should play himself. Just sayin'.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
B
Legend
Legend
B
I am glad we didn't move up to the first round.

We don't need more 1st rounders if we want to keep some guys around in a few years. We need more solid mid round guys who hold a team together.

I look for defense in round 2. However, if Greg Little is on the board, he would probably be the BPA and we could opt for him.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I look for Dorsey to package picks to move up not down. We have more picks then needs so I take quality over quantity. I trust Dorsey, and I like 2nd round draft picks its where you get great value and 5th year options.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Legend
Legend
I wouldn't mind targetting 2-3 players that we really like and grabbing them ... ideally in the secondary, LB, and DT

E
Legend
Legend
E
I taped it and this way was able to fast forward to the picks....waiting for the news that the Browns were on the clock for a Trade up Scenario but evidently we tried but moving up from 49 just needed a lot and most definitely our 2020 first round pick... PLUS.

If you look at the other trades teams were able to trade up just giving up their 5th and 6th round picks to move up. But that was with a 1st round pick that they had. Us coming from 49 Forget about it!

This draft was weak but some value picks were there.
Andre Dillard - guy was by far the best LT in this draft and a good one. Taken at #22.

I thought Seat was at good value and taken at #26???

Possibly the DT from Miss. State was another taken at #19.

Good news...only one Cover Corner taken,

Well here on the draft facts.
10 DL taken by far the strength of this draft. It would be nice for some depth but we didn't remotely have a need here. So those were 10 that dropped somebody to us in the near future!

2 Safeties taken and only 1 CB taken...that is not a normal sight!

4 OTs, 1 Center and 1 OG taken...The last two taken well before their time.

3 QBs taken and the best QB was the 3rd one taken. ???

7 DL were EDGE guys.

Remember the rare finds. QB (3), LT (4), Edge Rushers (7) and then the last ODDLY; CB (1)

2 WR taken the kid I thought was good Marquise Brown taken first and then as usual maybe the best pick, The Pats taking N'Keal Harry.

They get the Big guy they lost in Gonzo and more so as a WR then TE but he will take over that role. ONE on ONE in the red zone the Go To guy!

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season 2019 NFL Draft Browns trading down

Link Copied to Clipboard