Next Thread
Print Thread
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Washington Post fact-checker says Trump has 'now hit 10,000' lies as president

Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler on Monday said that President Trump has now eclipsed the 10,000 lie mark during his tenure in the White House.

"He's now hit 10,000,” Kessler said Monday in an appearance on CNN. “That's an average of about 23 false or misleading claims a day in the last seven months."

Kessler has been tracking Trump’s falsehoods since his inauguration and applies "Pinocchios" on a sliding scale from one to four depending on the severity of the lie.

Kessler noted that Trump's rate of saying false or misleading statements have picked up recently, alleging the president had made 171 such statements in the previous three days.

"The President continues to say false or misleading statements at an unbelievable pace," Kessler said.

Kessler alleges Trump made 45 false claims Thursday during an interview on Fox News with Sean Hannity and another 61 false claims during a campaign rally in Wisconsin Saturday that Trump attended instead of the White House Correspondents Association Dinner.

Kessler also noted that Trump has some false claims he repeats more than others, notably that the wall is being built along the U.S.-Mexico border and that he passed the biggest tax cut in the history of America.

According to Kessler, Trump has averaged more than 12 false claims per day since taking office, totaling more than 10,000 in his 828 days in office to this point.

Trump has waged war on fact-checkers, slamming them as "some of the most dishonest people in media,” in addition to his consistent attacks calling media coverage he sees as unfavorable \“fake news.”

Late last year, Kessler and the Washington Post implemented the “Bottomless Pinocchio,” an acknowledgment that four Pinocchios was sometimes not enough, saying the new rating was inspired by Trump's repeating false claims.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/44109...es-as-president

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Legend
Legend
I think the Fact Checker is a Democrat.

Case in point: PolitiFact called a 2012 Mitt Romney campaign ad its "lie of the year" for a statement about Jeeps being made in China. PolitiFact admitted that the "lie" in the ad was actually the "literal truth."

tsktsk

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 04/29/19 11:04 AM.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
The liberal media are the real liars no doubt.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
When facts are presented the right wing shoots the messenger.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Were any of the 10K as egregious as "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" & "Russian collusion" or are we digging into hyperbole?

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.” -AOC
P
Legend
Legend
P
I keep hearing the old "you can keep your doctor" line.

Before the congress and senate got done with the proposal you couldn't keep your doctor. But the plan he was proposing when he said that you could keep your doctor.

I guess he should have called a psychic to see what the final bill would have looked like.

When did Obama say Russian Collusion?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

rofl

There's that old comprehension problem showing its ugly head again.

He gave two examples of lies we were told but never said Obama said them.

Jeez rofl

P
Legend
Legend
P
I know it flew right over your head but the first one wasn't a lie and he never claimed who said the second one.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Anyone with the ambition to hold the highest office in America is going to be a masterful liar.....its just the nature of the beast...

And, something else to consider, is that truth in politics is not as easy to distinguish as black and white.....its more like a million shades of grey.

Every truth in the political area seems to be propped up by other truths, studies, etc.....and at the same time, there are other truths, studies, etc, that contradict that truth....

So really.....lies vs. truths is kinda irrelevant...it all comes down to what the people want to believe.....that has become our truth....

I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch......
P
Legend
Legend
P
You lost me at "masterful liar". His are usually so shallow and outrageous they're easy to spot without much help. There's certainly nothing masterful about them.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Just bc you see through them doesn't mean everyone else does.....

I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch......
I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I

As 40 pointed out, I never said Obama. Obama,to my knowledge, has never commented/discussed Trump Russia Collusion once publically during this whole ordeal.

Why is that, I wonder?

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.” -AOC
Legend
Legend
I believe Trump lied 10,000 times in his first week of office, and people caught 9,995 of the lies. My problem with Hillery was that she lied 10,000 times the first week her hubby was in office and people didn't catch any of them.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
You lost me at "masterful liar". His are usually so shallow and outrageous they're easy to spot without much help. There's certainly nothing masterful about them.

It does seem to be about the only thing in his administration that is transparent. tongue

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
TDS = Trumpians that must defend Trump from himself in bad press at any cost. Bottom line is Trump is and always will be a LIAR. If you believe a word out of his mouth, you are the fool believing his lies.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Tyler_Derden
Just bc you see through them doesn't mean everyone else does.....

Those who can't smell 45's lies must be....

"too many notes, not enough music-"
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
The washington post has had to redact so many articles a year for flat out lying in articles it writes that I would be scared to trust their fact checkers for anything.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend
There are no Republican fact checkers. Just blamers. 10000 is quite an achievement.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
The washington post has had to redact so many articles a year for flat out lying in articles it writes that I would be scared to trust their fact checkers for anything.

If Washington Post says Trump lied 10'000 times then Washington Post must have lied at least twice that.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns

The Washington Post wasn't elected President of The United states. The Washington Post wasn't elected the leader of the free world. The Washington Post doesn't represent us around the globe.

I have no idea why people wish to deflect from the fact they helped elect the biggest liar they can find as our president. No matter how much the Washington Post does or doesn't lie, it won't change who you helped elect.

It's funny how you attack the newspaper but aren't trying to show where they are wrong in the lies they are reporting. But that would actually take some time to do.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Washington Post fact-checker says Trump has 'now hit 10,000' lies as president

Link Copied to Clipboard