Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
The Rhinoceros Party is a political party formed in Canada ~ 55+ years ago.

The primary political doctrine of the Rhino party is Marxist-Lennonist.

(Groucho Marx and John Lennon)

A few of the dozens of Party platform promises:

- Instituting English, French and illiteracy as Canada's three official languages,

- Eliminate small businesses, and replace them with very small businesses, having less than one employee,

- Bulldozing the Rocky Mountains so that Albertans could see the Pacific sunset,

- Repealing the law of gravity,

- Putting the national debt on Visa,

- Making the Trans-Canada Highway one way only,

- Rather than awarding money as prizes in the lottery, the winners would be appointed to the Senate of Canada.

In the 1988 election, the Rhinoceros Party ran a candidate named John Turner in the same parliamentary election as incumbent Liberal leader John Turner and received 760 votes. (the incumbent Turner won, but was none too happy)

On September 23, 1993, Canada's Chief Electoral Officer, Jean-Pierre Kingsley, ordered the removal of the Rhinoceros Party from the Registry of Canadian Political Parties, effectively eliminating them from the Canadian political system.

I’m still in shock.

But there’s still plenty of support for The Rhinoceros Party right here in the U.S.

Let’s bring ‘em back. I’m in.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I forgot we were in the politics forum and thought this was going to be a Peyton Hillis thread.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If they were to get rid of the lennonist part of the platform, and support blood curdling screams at moonrise, I'm in.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
As a true Marxist-Lennonist, I must decline as I would never join a club that would have me.

Legend
Legend
"Say da magic woid; win a a prize..."

"too many notes, not enough music-"
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Let’s bring back The Rhinoceros. You in?

Link Copied to Clipboard