Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Baker Mayfield caught some grief for calling Colin Cowherd a liar in the last few days. While the following tweet by Cowherd may not be a deliberate lie, it is factually untrue. The Browns did not fire Bill Belichick; the Baltimore Ravens fired him well after Modell had flown the coop, and shortly after the league owners voted to allow the move. If any of you Twitter-users follow Mayfield, pass it on. Cowherd needs correcting.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Nice job by Daryl!

Legend
Legend
June 1st comment:
https://www.complex.com/sports/2019/05/b...rce=twitter.com

There have been some haters in the media, that’s always going to happen. We’ve seen your battles with Colin Cowherd. Do you feel like you sometimes have to put the media in their place?

You know, there’s people like that who are really abusing their position. Abusing a platform to a point where people are going to listen to it. He’s supposed to bring out facts and he chooses to put out irrational opinions. People can say what they want, they can say I’m not really supposed to comment on this but a liar is a liar and a guy that is really just full of it needs to be put in his place. I’ll be the first one to tell you I’m not always right. I know my flaws and I’d love for people to correct me so I get better. He’s a guy who thinks he’s always right. He throws people names under the bus. He can say what he wants about me, but as soon as he starts talking about my teammates, that’s when I have a problem.

#gmSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Why would Baker call him a liar? Dude should shut up and just ball.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Daryl says some pretty stupid stuff. The might be his redemption tweet.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Why would Baker call him a liar?

a. Because he is.

b. Because he can.

c. Just to pizz you off.

d. All of the above.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Okay, doctor.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Not sure how many of you were around back when BB coached the Browns, but he was the most hated man in Cleveland by the media and a huge portion of the fan base.

They hated him because he benched Bernie. "Diminishing skills" was constantly ridiculed. His knowledge was trashed. I remember being at a game [I had season tix] and they hanged Bill B in the stands.

Belichick would have been fired if the team remained in Cleveland. The fans and especially the media despised the dude. I was one of his few supporters, but that was before the days of Brown's message boards.

We can talk technicalities, but it's pretty evident that the thrashing that the Brown's media and fan base gave BB got him fired.

Legend
Legend

This is funny. A variety of cut-up video clips going back to pre-draft 2018 catching Colin Cowherd claiming he "knows" how bad Baker Mayfield is. Then Baker PROVES him wrong and the clips where he LIES and claims he never said Baker would fail. So pathetic! LMAO

#gmSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
I'm not going to watch the video because I despise Coward. I may have misunderstood...........when I read this thread I thought Baker was calling him a liar about the BB thing. I was wondering why the hell would he get involved in such a dumb ass dispute.

But, it's not about that, right? It's more about Coward making stuff up about Baker? If so, I take back my statement about Baker. My bad.

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M

This is funny. A variety of cut-up video clips going back to pre-draft 2018 catching Colin Cowherd claiming he "knows" how bad Baker Mayfield is. Then Baker PROVES him wrong and the clips where he LIES and claims he never said Baker would fail. So pathetic! LMAO

#Pitdawg

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Alright, I watched that one. Hilarious. rofl
That's why I don't listen to Coward. He's a jerk. Not as bad as Bayless, but close.

I don't get the BB thing, though? Where did that come into play?

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

#Pitdawg

Legend
Legend

I don't get the BB thing, though? Where did that come into play?

Dave started this thread about Colin saying the Browns fired Bill. You commented on that part.

#gmSTRONG
U
Rookie
Rookie
U
I remember when Bernie was benched. I was a young teen at the time and like many was upset when he was benched and later let go. You mentioned "Diminishing Skills" I seem to remember that Bernie was changing the plays and BB didn't like it. He did it at least 2 or more times ending in TD's. Not saying your wrong but it was a topic my Dad and I talked out many times as he even believed BB was wrong in how he utilized Bernies gifts of running an Offense. His skills might have been diminishing but his Vet. presence carried the offence. This was from his perspective and hes a Packer's fan. Bernie even backed this up while being on the side lines for Miami and Dallas helping with the play calling. The man did know how to read a defense.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks, but I am still not following. What does Coward saying the Browns firing BB have to do w/Baker "coming under fire?"

Serious question. It doesn't make sense to me.

V
Legend
Legend
V
LOL........it's fun watching Memphis work so hard to reply to this. rofl

D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Thanks, but I am still not following. What does Coward saying the Browns firing BB have to do w/Baker "coming under fire?"

Serious question. It doesn't make sense to me.

Baker questioned Cowherd's "credibility" (to put it politely) a few days ago and the tweet I'm referencing by Cowherd yesterday would appear to support Baker's claim. Please note that I'm not calling Cowherd a liar, but he is also manifestly not that concerned with the facts ... ie, the Cleveland Browns did not fire Bill Belichick.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks to you and Grateful.

My apologies for my comments no Baker. I misunderstood.

Legend
Legend

Anyone can have an opinion on anything.

What matters is what credence one gives to those opinions.

Cowherd has made a career in sports broadcasting. He watches sports. Then he gives his opinions on what he has seen.

If a person has made a career in say the NFL as a scout, coach, coordinator, GM, or player at least some capacity within the league. Or even if he gets payed as an announcer. I will at least listen to their opinion. Because of their exposure.

Cowherd really is nothing more than a fan with a mic. His obvious objective is to gain viewership ie. ratings. Nothing more. He does not make a living inside the game. He does not have to be right. He does not get payed for being right. "His Draft Board." What a joke. Like it matters to anyone but him.

Baker has handled him perfectly. He proved him dead wrong. And did not let him get away with things he so obviously knows so very little about.

Truth for the most part is taboo today.

Liars everywhere politics, news, etc. If you don't have a liar filter you get poisoned.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Belichick would have been fired if the team remained in Cleveland.

You do know what they say about, "coulda, shoulda, woulda" right?

Quote:
We can talk technicalities

We could if it were a technicality, but t isn't. He was fired by the Ravens.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I appreciate BM not taking Cowherd's spew and calling him on it. Baker produced. As face of the team you speak about the team and for the team including yourself.

At the same time, BM has to know on some level that some people and some things are beneath his attention. I have no problem with this exaggerated dramatic nonsense Cowherd traffics in being challenged.

Go. Browns!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks Bard, but I completely misinterpreted the initial posts. I thought Baker was calling Cowherd a liar for the latter saying BB was fired by Cleveland. I was thinking why in the hell would he get involved in such a dumb argument.

I was wrong. I misinterpreted things. I apologize.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Twitter types: Pass it on to Baker

Link Copied to Clipboard