Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
these conservatives are not sending their best and brightest, folks. lmfao what a trainwreck

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019...obox=1564084615

A pro-Trump Republican candidate for Congress who is aiming to unseat Ilhan Omar in Minnesota has been charged with a felony after allegedly stealing from stores.

Trump speaks before presidential seal doctored with symbols of Russia and golf
Read more
Danielle Stella was arrested twice this year in Minneapolis suburbs over allegations that she shoplifted items worth more than $2,300 from a Target and goods valued at $40 from a grocery store. She said she denied the allegations.

Stella, a 31-year-old special education teacher, was reported this week to be a supporter of the baseless “QAnon” conspiracy theory about Donald Trump battling a global cabal of elite liberal paedophiles.

This week Stella also described Minneapolis as “the crime capital of our country”. She has in the past complained that local police were “overworked and overburdened” and said that, if elected, she would work to reduce crime.

In a series of text messages, Stella said: “I am not guilty of these crimes. In this country I am innocent until proven guilty and that is the law.”

She added: “If I was guilty of crimes, I would never run for public office, putting myself in the public eye under a microscope to be attacked by all political sides.”

An attorney for Stella, Joshua London, declined to comment.

Stella is accused of stealing 279 items valued at $2,327.97 from a Target store in Edina, to the south-west of Minneapolis, on 8 January this year. She was arrested for the alleged theft after security staff called the police.

A criminal complaint filed to Hennepin county district court alleged Stella was seen leaving the store without paying for most of her haul, after “scanning only a few other items” that were valued at about $50.

Danielle Stella. In a series of text messages, Stella said: ‘I am not guilty of these crimes.’
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Danielle Stella. In a series of text messages, Stella said: ‘I am not guilty of these crimes.’ Photograph: Bloomington police department
The complaint said Stella told police in a statement she “remembers arriving at Target to purchase items but nothing else” due to post-traumatic stress disorder, and that she “normally she goes to Target with someone because of anxiety around people”.

Stella has said publicly that she was the victim of a severe violent assault in 2008. She is charged with the thefts under her former surname, which the Guardian agreed not to report because she said it could endanger her safety.

She is charged with felony theft over the incident at Target and faces a punishment of up to five years in prison and a fine of $10,000 if convicted, according to court filings.

Police and court records said a warrant was put out for Stella’s re-arrest for alleged contempt of court on 4 April, after she failed to show up for a court hearing.

Officers in nearby Bloomington then arrested Stella on 28 April after she was allegedly seen by security staff at a Cub Foods grocery store stealing a bottle of tick spray for cats, and placing other items “under her purse so that they could not be seen”.

When they checked her identification, police officers discovered the open warrant for Stella’s arrest over her failure to appear in court for the earlier alleged shoplifting, their incident report said.

Advertisement
The report said Stella was arrested for alleged misdemeanour theft for taking “cat merchandise” and cat food valued at $40.46. She was issued with a citation and given a date to appear in court. It was not clear whether authorities would pursue the contempt of court allegation.

Stella’s candidacy has attracted interest from the far-right conspiracy website InfoWars, which broadcast an interview with her this week. Stella laughed and nodded as the host, J Owen Shroyer, called Omar “a witch” and said: “Everything about her is a fraud.”

Describing Minneapolis during the interview as America’s “crime capital”, Stella falsely claimed that crime in the city had risen by 80% over the past year. According to Minneapolis police data, there has been a 10.7% uptick in serious crime year-on-year, following a 16.5% decline in 2018.

The rightwing commentator Todd Starnes promoted Stella in an interview earlier this month on Fox News’s streaming service Fox Nation. “We certainly wish Miss Stella the very best,” Starnes said, adding that he hoped for a “significant change in representation” in Omar’s district.

Ilhan Omar's constituents 'proud to stand by her' over Trump's racist words
Read more
Last month Stella officially registered with the Federal Election Commission as a candidate for the Republican nomination in Minnesota’s fifth congressional district. She later spoke at the “Demand Free Speech” rally in Washington.

She has accused Omar of being a criminal for advising immigrants how to avoid agents from US Immigration and Customs Enforcement. She said in a tweet that any representatives who fail to “uphold the rule of law” should be ejected from office.

Court records say that in 2009, Stella pleaded guilty to driving while impaired from alcohol and fleeing a police officer. The latter charge was prosecuted as a felony but later classified as a gross misdemeanour as part of Stella’s plea.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Felony theft seems pretty light for Trump supporters though.

#gmstrong
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
i like the part where she got busted driving under the influence AND fled the cops.

conservatives told me all the time that we deserve to get shot over that.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish
i like the part where she got busted driving under the influence AND fled the cops.

conservatives told me all the time that we deserve to get shot over that.

I don't think anyone said you deserve to be shot, but you do raise your chances of getting shot.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
E
Legend
Legend
E

blacks told me all the time that we deserve to get shot over that.

Here I fixed it for you.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
lol the fix doesnt even work. horrible job of trolling.

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
lol the fix doesnt even work. horrible job of trolling.

It does work, because yall walk around with victim card hanging out.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
it doesnt work at all lol. that was terrible.

anyway, why doesnt the republican party send their best and brightest?

i mean we shop lifting from target and wanna talk about crime lmfao

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
it doesnt work at all lol. that was terrible.

anyway, why doesnt the republican party send their best and brightest?

i mean we shop lifting from target and wanna talk about crime lmfao

Well, lets keep it real, any loser can put their name on a list as a "candidate". Doesnt really mean much.

Its more difficult to obtain a drivers license than put your name on a list as a "candidate".

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If virtually anyone can run for office, doesn't that mean the party candidates who run are the best available?

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: gage
If virtually anyone can run for office, doesn't that mean the party candidates who run are the best available?

No. What kind of logic is that?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The logic that states that what you are offered is the best you will get.

See selling a house. Sure we'd love to sell for 10x the market rate, but we can't always get that option. So you take the best option available , even if it is to not sell.

Same with politics , your best options are what's in front you at the polling station. You could opt not to vote too, but it doesn't change that the best candidates are the choices presented.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
The logic that states that what you are offered is the best you will get.

See selling a house. Sure we'd love to sell for 10x the market rate, but we can't always get that option. So you take the best option available , even if it is to not sell.

Same with politics , your best options are what's in front you at the polling station. You could opt not to vote too, but it doesn't change that the best candidates are the choices presented.

That logic doesnt work. its only the best people if there are stringent requirements and or tests for running.

If the people who run are:

A crack whore from the ghetto
an elderly person with dementia
and an uneducated 18 year old with a criminal record

How are these the "best" people?

Maybe there should be some requirements.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
bro, we got a shop lifting, drunk driving, cop fleeing, QAnon crazy lady running for office.

it doesn't get more MAGA hatter than that.

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
bro, we got a shop lifting, drunk driving, cop fleeing, QAnon crazy lady running for office.

I dunno, sounds like gage wants her for your team, since she's "the best"

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
team as far as call of duty, screaming F the police, or playing spades? sure.

political candidate? thats GOP territory.

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
team as far as call of duty, screaming F the police, or playing spades? sure.

political candidate? thats GOP territory.

Youre right, she'd have to be a minority, then the dems will elect her in 2 seconds

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
how? she's a conservative lol. those things dont change political leanings.

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
When it comes to power, those things change in a heart beat, if it will get you elected.

Ask ex-dem Donald Trump.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Dude, Liberals should not throw the first stone. They have just about cornered the market on thieves and wackos.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The best is what's available at the time. You've never heard the phrase making the best of a bad situation ?

#gmstrong
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
lmfao, yall got pedophiles and a dude getting indicted on stealing campaign funds to spend on mistresses RIGHT NOW

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
The best is what's available at the time. You've never heard the phrase making the best of a bad situation ?

I'm more of a "raising the bar" person, so the scourge of society doesnt apply to run the government.

O
Legend
Legend
O
But you support Rand? Everything you say is a lie.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
But you support Rand? Everything you say is a lie.

Your entire belief system is a lie.

"I'm not a biggot. I hate biggots." *coughFreddiecough*
"Everyone that helped a racist get elected is a racist." *coughButIgnoreThatIDidntVoteTherebyHelpingARacistGetElectedcough*

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty

Dude, Liberals should not throw the first stone. They have just about cornered the market on thieves and wackos.

This is kinda like when they called Mr. President a lying scumbag and then went and voted for Hillary ... this time they may be ignorant of the following facts ...

- married her brother to keep him here ...
- filed tax returns as a married couple with a man she wasn’t legally married too
- would be incredibly racist but she hates Jews and thats just fine with the lefties ... being racist is a badge of honor as long as u hate the right group ...
- has asked for leniency for americans associated with ISIS ..
- has said white american males are more dangerous that Al quedia ... another racist remark expanding the hatred of Jews to include all white men in the country she now represents ..
- more than likely committed campaign fraud ... more on that later as it comes to light ..

Just like with Trump vs there gal Hill ... u know ... “i’m With her” ... rofl ... how inclusive ... rolleyes

i’ll take the shoplifter every day of the week over the racist law breaker ... thank god as the dems have pointed out so many times lately that NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW and RACISTS HAVE NO PLACE IN OUR SOCIETY ... rolleyes...

Enjoy the bashing all u leftist dawgs that are far superior to my dumb white ass ... its certainly one thing ya’all excel at .... thumbsup

M
Legend
Legend
M
The idea that one 'side' or the other has all the wackos or all the criminals or all the idiots .... or more than the other 'side' is just plain wrong. There's idiots and unprincipled behavior from all of them.... As for Trump, we'll see when he's out of office what comes .... but I do know that we've NEVER seen a POTUS who lies so outrageously and so often. That's a fact. It's almost impossible for there to be another POTUS who will lie more often either.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
The party of law and order......lol

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
I know how you feel you must rant when someone points out the people you support are no better than the people you oppose.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Pro-Trump Republican aiming to unseat Ilhan Omar charged with felony theft

Link Copied to Clipboard