Next Thread
Print Thread
#164565 09/11/07 11:20 PM
N
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
N
Today finally told me that the FO finally gets it. This is a team built to win. Jamal Lewis didnt sign with us to be a part of what we saw sunday neither did Stienbaugh(SP) these guys came here to WIN. Frye somehow (And to me as well) looked like he would be the best to win sunday. That didnt work. He's gone and notice has served. You dont produce your gone. It's that way on almost every other team and now we can actually say that it's that way on our team. YES its about time. We are not going to be a team that is interested in letting Quinn learn we are at team that is going to find our best chance at winning a ball game and the players are going to either produce or fail and be cut or traded. I dont care personally if Quinn plays, if he does he better win, if he does then its because he would bring us a win, if he doesnt then he better sit even longer. Draw the line in the sand and now its RAC's turn to bring these guys together and either make it or break it.
It's about time we did this and I say that savage is the one doing it not RAC which is sad on one hand but Savage has placed this final part of the puzzle into RAC's lap. Like it or not this is our time!

Last edited by NickBrownsFan; 09/11/07 11:30 PM.

If you need 3 years to be a winner you got here 2 years to early. Get it done Browns.
Legend
Legend
I wonder if Rex Grossman is scared?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
N
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
N
I understand what you are saying but this team isnt anywhere near as bad they looked sunday. Much as last year I bet almost everyone that would take it that the saints were not as bad as they said last year. Bottom line this team should have won. They should win, they are good, and to me unless they are actually challenged with their paychecks they wont. Thats sad but there are players on this team that came here to win and its time to bone up and act like they are actual NFL players or be put to pasture.
Like it or not notice has been served. Your either going to help or your out of a job, or out of here. GO SAVAGE!!!

If you need 3 years to be a winner you got here 2 years to early. Get it done Browns.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Break up the paragraphs nick, it's hard to read if you don't. Just helping ya out. Hit the 'enter' key every couple sentences.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
lampdogg #164569 09/12/07 12:02 AM
N
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
N
ok sorry for that. Thanks for the advice. I'll try to keep it cleaner in the future. Im not new but new to posting.
Go Browns

L
Legend
Legend
L
No probs.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
This is another one of those threads that tend to lay the blame at the feet of Charlie Frye... Just a little bit anyway..

But there was enough blame to go around on Sunday.. That was a HORRIBLE TEAM EFFORT...

In one respect, since I like Charlie and think he's a good kid, I'm glad he's getting another opportunity to play somewhere...

And in another respect, I'm kinda glad in a way the QB situation here has some clarity.. We now know that Quinn will start sometime this year FOR SURE.. I guess we always thought so, but now we KNOW it!

That's good because of all the QB's in camp, Quinn stood out as the one that made the average players he was assigned to play with, Look good.

In the end, this could be a good thing for all parties concerned..

Oh and yeah, like you say Nick, the message has been sent... All in All, it's a good thing!

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
T
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
T
So we play Derek Frickin' Anderson? Yeah they get it.

D
1st String
1st String
D
it makes me think that the FO is scared for its job.

making a knee jerk reaction like this after one game is silly. if they knew frye wasnt going to be the guy, why not trade him BEFORE training camp to get the real starter some reps?

on WTAM they said that this was the first time since the merger that a quarterback who started game one was traded before week two.

that shows me that they dont get it, they just knew they needed to do SOMETHING

Every Cleveland fan is a diehard fan...everyone else quit watching
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Ok, it's about time there was actually a thread that is not bashing the whole organazation. Heck, I can't believe the gatorade boy wasn't slammed

I do believe management had a plan. Unfortunetly they didn;t know Charlie
was going to go into a deep freeze.
It looked like his whole confidence was shaken during the quarterback competition, which in turn threw a wrench in the plans.

I liked Charlie & truley wish him well, he deserves a chance somewhere.
I also think it was a brillant move by Savage to actually get a draft pick.

We weren't suppose to be playoff caliber team (yet) However, the pieces are there, it is now time to let the team play together for several games.

I hope the fans give the team the opportunity to suceed. Because this dawg believes they still can, last I looked 16 other teams are 0-1
JMHO
If I ony knew then what I do know now....

If I only knew then what I know today...
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Next Wednesday were all going to be calling for DA to get traded or released...let me correct that released He has 0..Zero trade value...Now after saying that when was the last time any starting QB in this leauge had 0 trade value...

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I wonder if Rex Grossman is scared?

He should be. That team looks like a possible super bowl team which is being held back by the QB at times... Winning tends to keep the beast at bay, but another late playoff loss with a QB performance that is all over the map and this team is going to start looking...

yebat' Putin
Damanshot #164577 09/12/07 08:22 AM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

This is another one of those threads that tend to lay the blame at the feet of Charlie Frye... Just a little bit anyway..

But there was enough blame to go around on Sunday.. That was a HORRIBLE TEAM EFFORT...

It was a horrible team effort.. especially the offense. If you want to beat the Colts, what do you have to do? Slow down Peyton Manning.... If you want to beat the Pats, what do you have to do? Slow down Tom Brady..... nobody says you have to stop Joseph Addai or the Pats OG.... the most important person on the field for the offense is the quarterback, he calls the plays, he audibles, he touches the ball on every play, he reads the defense, he throws the passes....

In particular to the Browns situation, he also happens to be the one with a highly touted, highly drafted, highly paid, replacement sitting on the bench behind him.... Trust me when I say, if I thought it would make a big difference to start Cribbs over Edwards, I'd call for it... or Harrison over Lewis, in a heartbeat.... The only change this offense can make, that I see from a personnel standpoint, which is going to make any difference is at the QB spot.... If you think that makes him a "scapegoat" then so be it....

yebat' Putin
F
Legend
Legend
F
jc..

I got to thinking, is it possible that since Savage said they had been shopping for trades on either Frye or Andersen, that maybe a trade was in the early stages of negotiation before the game, and Charlie was yanked early to avoid injury and ruining any chance of the trade?

Just some really strange happenings between Sunday and Tuesday, that it makes me think there's more here than a knee-jerk reaction.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
FloridaFan #164579 09/12/07 09:17 AM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

jc..

I got to thinking, is it possible that since Savage said they had been shopping for trades on either Frye or Andersen, that maybe a trade was in the early stages of negotiation before the game, and Charlie was yanked early to avoid injury and ruining any chance of the trade?

Just some really strange happenings between Sunday and Tuesday, that it makes me think there's more here than a knee-jerk reaction.

I think its a possibility.. Savage did say Dorsey could be back in the picture at some point..

All the speculations of what happened, is exactly what it is, SPECULATION! all we know is the facts. Frye is a Seahawk now, and Anderson is number 1.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Ok, it's about time there was actually a thread that is not bashing the whole organazation. Heck, I can't believe the gatorade boy wasn't slammed

He was. "I told that little *bleep* I SAID ORANGE not PURPLE" - Braylon Edwards

Our honor defend, we will fight to the end, for OHIO! GO BUCKS!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

He's gone and notice has served. You dont produce your gone. It's that way on almost every other team and now we can actually say that it's that way on our team.

First off, it was one game.

Secondly, after that game, somehow Anderson, Lewis, the receivers, the offensive line, the secondary, Ernster, Romeo Crennel, Chud and Phil Savage are still around.

Clearly, the "if you don't produce, you're gone" idea only extends so far if it even exists (which it doesn't).

We're... we're good?
DCDAWGFAN #164582 09/12/07 09:31 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You may not think they're making Charlie the scapegoat but that's exactly what they did. Simply put, they knew they had to do something to throw the blame off the FO and coaching staff and this is the only thing that they could do.

DA is wanted by no one. They couldn't trade him. Brady is waiting in the wings but they know their team is gonna take some big time lumps the first 6 weeks. I'm sure they hoped that Charlie could keep things respectable. When he couldn't they had to do something to get everyon'e mind off the shellacking we took. And it worked. Is anyone really talking about the game? No. We're all talking about DA, Charlie and when Brady should start. The FO and coaching staff is off the hook for the Pitt game. It's Charlie's fault.

And whoever said that DA is more suited for Chud's O.......That's gotta be the top 5 dumbest thing I've heard. If an Offensive coordinator cannot tailor an offense to the personnel he's got then what good is he? Besides that, if he couldn't figure out that Charlie was gonna be the starter and plan accordingly how dumb is he?

So now we have the 2nd best option starting in Brady's spot. Does anyone think that the team will follow Derek anywhere besides back to the lockerroom at halftime? This is a joke.

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
M
All Pro
All Pro
M
The team is on a path... a path to give Dallas a top 5 pick.

I agree, the Browns are not as bad as they looked on Sunday. There was no reason for the lack of preparation displayed.

However, I expect when the Browns play "better" - we will be losing games by 3 to 10 points instead 27.

Seeing how the team plays this week should give us a pretty fair indication of how the rest of the season will unfold. If the team comes out angry and plays with reckless abandon, putting the embarrasment behind, there is still hope of 6-10.

If the team comes out and muddles and struggles and plays well in spurts... stick a fork in them - we are done. We will be looking at anothter 4-12 debacle.

Merth #164584 09/12/07 09:55 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Unfortunately, I cannot disagree with anything you said........

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
Merth #164585 09/12/07 10:35 PM
N
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
N
j/c The Browns fell flat. However I dont see CF as a scapegoat at all. He was horrible. He was supposed to be the leader of this team. He lead them to nowhere. He never looked off recievers he ran into sacks and he held the ball to long. He just flat out stunk.
Now hes out of a job here in cleveland and I am glad. I will give those that say he was handed a bad hand a pass because I agree however its time to man up and get it done for this team.
Everyone after that trade should see that no job is safe now. Either produce or your gone. Savage has brought in the players to make this work so I dont think hes the problem.
RAC is next on the list of get it done. DA is now the starter and he has a chance to prove that he is an NFL quarterback. Dorsey will mentor him as well. (If you dont believe me listen to Savages presser).
I dont know if RAC is a good coach or a bad coach yet but hes next and bringing in Quinn isnt the answer sunday. The kid is still WAY behind in the learning process.
If we win sunday which I will go on record as saying I had this down as a loss but now given some actual motivation they could pull this off I will still stand by my 10-6 prediction. If they lose a close game I will back off and say 7-9/6-10.

C
2nd String
2nd String
C
Quote:

Today finally told me that the FO finally gets it. This is a team built to win. Jamal Lewis didnt sign with us to be a part of what we saw sunday neither did Stienbaugh(SP) these guys came here to WIN. Frye somehow (And to me as well) looked like he would be the best to win sunday. That didnt work. He's gone and notice has served. You dont produce your gone. It's that way on almost every other team and now we can actually say that it's that way on our team. YES its about time. We are not going to be a team that is interested in letting Quinn learn we are at team that is going to find our best chance at winning a ball game and the players are going to either produce or fail and be cut or traded. I dont care personally if Quinn plays, if he does he better win, if he does then its because he would bring us a win, if he doesnt then he better sit even longer. Draw the line in the sand and now its RAC's turn to bring these guys together and either make it or break it.
It's about time we did this and I say that savage is the one doing it not RAC which is sad on one hand but Savage has placed this final part of the puzzle into RAC's lap. Like it or not this is our time!

I wouldn't say that Savage has gotten all the pieces of the puzzle yet. Only 3 players from the '05 Draft Class are left on the team. B. Edwards, B. Pool and D. McMillan. Edwards has yet to live up to his hype, Pool has not done much for this team and if last week was any guage on his ablilities as a Saftey other teams QB's will be drooling at the fact that he looks like a fish flopping around on a beach. McMillan was drafted as a DE converted to OLB and taken in later rounds so really cant put bust label on him but Edwards and Pool are wearing that label nicely.

Our Drafts have gotten better since '05 but that year was a vital year for us and we will see why at the end of this year. We should've gotten at least 3-4 potential quality starters out of that draft. But now we really only have 1 starter in Edwards, Pool would be a back-up and special teams guy on any other NFL team. I just pray that this organization never drafts that bad again because that basically set our rebuilding back 1 more year.

ClayM57 #164587 09/13/07 12:21 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Quote:

Next Wednesday were all going to be calling for DA to get traded or released...let me correct that released He has 0..Zero trade value...

I think they want to start DA for the next few games hoping he will pull out a win or two... Far fetched but it would really increase his value.

They will play Brady when the game is out of hand and can't be won for experience. If he is dominant he will move to Starter... If he sucks or struggles too much, DA will continue to get the nod.

As for your second question.... I have seen several starting QB's with little or no trade value.... after all I am a Browns Fan!

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Merth #164588 09/13/07 12:31 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
How bad would it suck to see Dallas with the number 1 over all? THAT is the worst possilble outcome to all of this. And Jerry Jones will look like a genius...

Look on the bright side... Romeo would be GONE!

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
FloridaFan #164589 09/13/07 12:38 AM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Bingo! ... at least I thought the same thing while reading the boards yesterday. Think about it- it makes sense. If Charlie gets damaged late in the 2nd quarter, there goes his trade value. Now, Savage is stuck with 2 QB's who can't even attract flies, and a rookie QB who is sack bait until the line comes together.

Doesn't exactly instill confidence for the season, does it?

When it became apparent that Charlie was NEVER gonna throw another pass, it was best to get him out with all his body parts intact, and start looking for teams who might want him. The psychological damage he seemed to display might be cured on another team in time....

... but he's gotta be in one piece for that team to even take him.

Tough break for the kid... I wish him well.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Clemdawg #164590 09/13/07 01:12 AM
C
1st String
1st String
C
I do not buy this:

Quote:

If Charlie gets damaged late in the 2nd quarter, there goes his trade value.

What if he got damaged on the first play?

Quote:

and a rookie QB who is sack bait until the line comes together.

How do you know this? Sacks are not always the fault of the OL. A QB's reads and ability to get rid of the ball quickly has to factor in.

Just wait till next season, I have heard that for over 40 years!
Clemdawg #164591 09/13/07 01:19 AM
F
Rookie
Rookie
F
If Charlie knew that he was leaving the Browns very shortly, might that partially explain his very crappy play Sunday?

Corpusdawg #164592 09/13/07 11:15 AM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Sacks are not always the fault of the OL.

...would you get up there behind that line... with rookie Thomas still trying to figure out who to block on a corner blitz? Would you like to be guarded by Shaeffer... I mean, right now- at this present time? ...with Steinbach having played ONE preseason and ONE reg season game with his teammates?

You're right... it ain't always the line- but if I'm Savage, I'm trading a QB who still has four limbs, and I'm not going to risk my investment of +9M/next year's 1st until I'm SURE he can be protected. But that's just me...

Quote:

A QB's reads and ability to get rid of the ball quickly has to factor in.

no arguements here. For now, we have a QB who CAN do that- sort of , and who also isn't the so-called "future of the Browns"... let him take the shots until the line settles down. 2, maybe 3 more games.

Ya ain't convinced me yet, Corpus... the very last thing I wanna do is come on this board some Monday, and read all the whinyazz posters saying we're "cursed"...

...because Brady Quinn is on IR before the bye week. "An ounce of prevention"- knowhaimean?

But like I said before- that's just me...

Clemdawg #164593 09/13/07 11:18 AM
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

Sacks are not always the fault of the OL.

...would you get up there behind that line... with rookie Thomas still trying to figure out who to block on a corner blitz? Would you like to be guarded by Shaeffer... I mean, right now- at this present time? ...with Steinbach having played ONE preseason and ONE reg season game with his teammates?

You're right... it ain't always the line- but if I'm Savage, I'm trading a QB who still has four limbs, and I'm not going to risk my investment of +9M/next year's 1st until I'm SURE he can be protected. But that's just me...

Quote:

A QB's reads and ability to get rid of the ball quickly has to factor in.

no arguements here. For now, we have a QB who CAN do that- sort of , and who also isn't the so-called "future of the Browns"... let him take the shots until the line settles down. 2, maybe 3 more games.

Ya ain't convinced me yet, Corpus... the very last thing I wanna do is come on this board some Monday, and read all the whinyazz posters saying we're "cursed"...

...because Brady Quinn is on IR before the bye week. "An ounce of prevention"- knowhaimean?

But like I said before- that's just me...

Listen to Savage on Wills and Snyder in the morning on Clevelandbrowns.com.

5 of the 6 sacks were the QB's fault.

Fortuna #164594 09/13/07 11:29 AM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

If Charlie knew that he was leaving the Browns very shortly, might that partially explain his very crappy play Sunday?

It might. Personally, I think CF had multiple problems, which all showed up on Sunday:

He freakked when Savage drafted Quinn
The "2 1/2- way QB competition" limited his reps/time with the 1st team
Chud's new scheme, which features pocket passing/timing passes with WR's & TE's
Playing to not lose his job, instead of playing to win each play/the game

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Its our time

Link Copied to Clipboard