Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I guess Ward and Williams will never play again.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Loving the fact we'll get Higgins back. Won't fix everything that ails us on offense, but it's gotta help a little.

Hoping we're getting Greedy and Ward back to a 'for real' 100% after the bye.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

This is one of the better articles I have read in regard to what has gone wrong and what needs to happen.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/10/10...-baker-mayfield

Nobody is happy right now. The frustration is like a thick fog.

But in order to win games everyone needs to do a better job.

I support Freddie. I don't want to hire another coach. I want to fix what we have. If that means we struggle this year so be it.

If the Browns don't find a way build continuity they will never be successful.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Sounds like Ward/Higgy/Greedy may be out until after the Bye

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks for posting that. Good, informative article.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Injury Report says Higgins was full go in practice this week.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I thought Freddie said they’ll take the bye into consideration though. It’d be a bonus if he’d play

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I thought Freddie said they’ll take the bye into consideration though. It’d be a bonus if he’d play

I read that as being in regards to Ward and G Williams.
$.02

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

I read that as being in regards to Ward and G Williams.
$.02
that could be as well

Legend
Legend
Any updates on Higgy? BakerM could use him as a security blanket today if he can dress and be closer to a full go. Hope we stun them today!

Go, Browns!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
LOL..............the crazy thing is that OBJ has been wildly successful, but some posters are trashing our coaches for trying to get him the ball.

All I know is that the best defense of OBJ is having Baker being his QB. Think about it. Landry's numbers last year were the worst of his career, other than his rookie year. This year, OBJ's lack of catches are setting new records.

Who were their great QBs in the past?

Ryan Tanneyhill
Matt Moore
Jay Cutler
Eli Manning

Somehow, those dudes got Juice and OBj the ball while playing behind pathetic offensive lines, and Baker can't.

Makes one wonder....

Just wow.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Id like to see the biggest improvement be in the W/L record ... ugly or otherwise a win would help everything about the team.

Two single game improvements i think we need are closely tied to each other and have been discussed all week.... play calling and QB play.

I don't care kif we have some short offensive series early because of this, but run the damn ball again and again and again... and find some simply underneath passes to complete and force the D to tighten up.... stop their secondary from being allowed to sit back with a 10+YARDS cushion all game.

Cant wait for kick off.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
E
Legend
Legend
E
We have to stretch the field horizontally and vertical!

We keep falling for the cramming of the box. So we end up passing way too much. Teams cram the box and then attack if its a pass they flood the outside and/or the A Gaps. If its a run they are playing all the gaps to stuff it. We go to pass way too often and don't establish the run game which would give Baker ample time to go vertical on a play action.

We should do a lot of Student body right and left with Chubb and let him pick the hole.

Also our Trap play seems to be working. But we have to get some first downs via the Run!

Defense our last game Vernon seemed to disappear Wilson will be a tough competitor as long as we come from the outside and force him in the pocket and then get creative with coming from the middle in some A gap blitzes and some DT Stunts!

Jmho we miss Wards D play been without him and Greedy since Jets game.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
G
2nd String
2nd String
G
Areas to improve needs to start at the top. Freddie needs to quit trying to be everyone's buddy and stop all this talking in the media. The team has put way too big of a bulls eye on their back.
The team is undisciplined as far as penalties and speaking out about everything they have no control of. Just do your job.
It's easy to say Baker is the problem or the oline is the problem or play calling ect...
The team needs discipline. That was one thing Gregg Williams had last year.
It takes more than just talent to win games.
Look at what Sanfancisco has done. All while staying under the radar.

I just want a winner. We need players who can be part of the solution not part of the problem.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I picked you to reply to Bone because we seldom disagree.

I think the area the team needs to improve on above all others that will get better with time is they need to learn to grind.

What does that mean?

Teams that grind never get up to high and never get to low they stay even keeled that stick to the game plan and do their jobs in the face of adversity. This team simply gets down in the mouth to easily or to high when things are going their way. The fans do much the same.

This team was destined to struggle out of the gate the early schedule is a tough one, if this thing had been flipped I think we win most of these games but this unit from the HC to the water boy are all new to each other and that brings hick ups and false starts and highs and lows.

The good news is they will get better, talent eventually comes thru. For all the early struggles they are currently experiencing we know some things.

1-Baker can be a very efficient passer with great accuracy. It will come, his talent is still there he has a bit of adjusting to do. Its actually something we all should have expected.

2- We have great talent but they haven't played together and they still haven't learned to trust and grind together YET. They will.

Patients IMO is in short supply on all fronts the players are frustrated the fans are frustrated the coaches are frustrated and what really needs to happen is for some time to pass playing and coaching together.

They need to learn to grind to get thru the tough games if I was to be upset its they just still haven't learned that talent wins when talent grinds and this is particularly so in tough match-ups this team has to learn to grind to fight one play at a time.

Oh they talk about it but think about this how many times have they hung tough when down more then one score and won? When they do that, they will begin to become a better team. Right now their struggling (Da) and they simply must learn to fight through it.

They will get it done, I truly believe that.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
G
2nd String
2nd String
G
Originally Posted By: Brown to the Bone
I picked you to reply to Bone because we seldom disagree.

I think the area the team needs to improve on above all others that will get better with time is they need to learn to grind.

What does that mean?

Teams that grind never get up to high and never get to low they stay even keeled that stick to the game plan and do their jobs in the face of adversity. This team simply gets down in the mouth to easily or to high when things are going their way. The fans do much the same.

This team was destined to struggle out of the gate the early schedule is a tough one, if this thing had been flipped I think we win most of these games but this unit from the HC to the water boy are all new to each other and that brings hick ups and false starts and highs and lows.

The good news is they will get better, talent eventually comes thru. For all the early struggles they are currently experiencing we know some things.

1-Baker can be a very efficient passer with great accuracy. It will come, his talent is still there he has a bit of adjusting to do. Its actually something we all should have expected.

2- We have great talent but they haven't played together and they still haven't learned to trust and grind together YET. They will.

Patients IMO is in short supply on all fronts the players are frustrated the fans are frustrated the coaches are frustrated and what really needs to happen is for some time to pass playing and coaching together.

They need to learn to grind to get thru the tough games if I was to be upset its they just still haven't learned that talent wins when talent grinds and this is particularly so in tough match-ups this team has to learn to grind to fight one play at a time.

Oh they talk about it but think about this how many times have they hung tough when down more then one score and won? When they do that, they will begin to become a better team. Right now their struggling (Da) and they simply must learn to fight through it.

They will get it done, I truly believe that.

What you say makes sense but for all that talent to come together takes discipline. Do we have the leaders to make this happen? I don't know.

I just want a winner. We need players who can be part of the solution not part of the problem.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
QB play.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 28 Seahawks 32 Areas to Improve

Link Copied to Clipboard