Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Legend
Legend
L
yep.. Lindley is not who baker needs right now.. Freddie wants to recreate the greatest show on turf, may as well hire the guy who was there

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
I'm gonna try to get the calamine lotion in my shorts thing out of my head now.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
a Monken designed O. The two are counter-productive.

If you are going to run Monkens air raid concept

There's been many articles saying this is Freddie's offense, and Monken is here to make sure the offense practices Freddie's concepts and plays. Monken gets no say in the actual offense.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I posted this in the Offensive Scheme thread, but it didn't get any responses. I'll post it here since you guys are discussing Freddie's offense.

Quote:
I've been thinking about this for a bit. I think it's too early to draw any conclusions, but it might be good to chew on a few things.

I looked up who Freddie has coached for. He's worked under some big names like Parcells and Saban. But according to this article, his biggest coaching influence was Bruce Arians. https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news...o91w3wft7mnu322

I think most of us know about BA, but here is an article about him that was written when he took over in Tampa. https://thepewterplank.com/2019/01/12/buccaneers-what-to-expect-from-bruce-arians-offense/

For those that don't want to take the time to read it, I will provide a few takeaways:

--Runs a lot of vertical routes

--Takes a lot of shots down the field

--Plays take time to develop

--Utilizes quirky formations

--Puts a lot of pressure on the defense because they have to respect the deep passes

--Runs a lot of deep post routes and double-moves on the outside. The words "quite extraordinary" were used

--Has a knack of calling the right play at the right time.

What was not said in that article was that BA does not favor max-protection. Obviously, that puts a lot of pressure on the OL. It also means that your qb better process information quickly. Those two items are the reason I started the Offensive Scheme thread.

Now, I realize that a lot of people want to draw conclusions immediately and not give adequate time for things to evolve, so I will say that Freddie has been using more 12 and 13 Personnel after he realized that protection was a problem and that his qb was not processing things quickly.

Legend
Legend
Nice run down of Arians’ system ... that type of system can be deadly to defend IF you have a solid enough OL and a capable QB. I think that we went into the season thinking that we had both, when it hasn’t turned out to be the case.

Now, let’s say we draft a stud LT and Baker continues to progress ... then maybe that could be our ultimate goal

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I'm hoping they find one of our back up RBs to return punts...as I think it's stupid risking Landry back there...I do not want to see an increase of Ratley and Calloway in our offense.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs
I'm hoping they find one of our back up RBs to return punts...as I think it's stupid risking Landry back there...I do not want to see an increase of Ratley and Calloway in our offense.
I was under the assumption Callaway would be our PR but he wasn’t last game IIRC, so I’m not sure what the plan is moving forward there

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Post-Bye Week Changes Wishlist

Link Copied to Clipboard