Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
M
All of you know I don't post a lot and when I do I try to keep it pretty light hearted.

I thought I would share a story that happened to me two weeks ago at my largest client who happens to based out of Pittsburgh and made me laugh.

So I am in a meeting with 12 executives from the client and of course they all give me grief being from Cleveland and being a Browns fan (It is all in good fun though and they are pretty cool about it)

Anyways one of the EVP's leans over to me and says hey when we have a break I have to tell you about my new puppy we got over the weekend.

I said sure OK I always love a new puppy story.

The break comes and she says to me you will not believe who my new puppie's father is.

Now remember my client is a life long Steelers fan but she let me know that she now has a Browns's fan in her house.

Her puppy is named Sassy and it is Swaggers little girl!

She said now I have to watch every Browns game so that her pup can see her father on TV!

Legend
Legend
I guess he really has some swagger....

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I hope Swagger was off the clock! What goes at Berea?!!!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Sassy? She was listening to comments from Browns players wasn't she?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
M
Soooo.......I was offered to buy one of Swagger's puppies and I told my wife. She said it probably wasn't a great idea and we should just enjoy the time with our sweet lab Zoey who is 13 and then we will get a new puppy after Zoey goes to the rainbow bridge.

I did go and look at the puppies and I picked one out that I thought would be a perfect puppy for our house but I agreed with my wife reluctantly (Happy wife, Happy life!)

Today I find out that the puppy that I would have picked out is now the new Browns's Mascot as Swagger retired.

Field passes for every game for the next 5 years for the new owner.

Ugh is there a bangs head icon on here somewhere!

Legend
Legend
sooooo close...

sympathies, my man.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
O
Legend
Legend
O
banghead

M
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
M
My wife was sick about it too and felt bad and thought I would be mad about it but I told her things happen for a reason and no big deal.

The older I get in life I am really convinced things do truly happen for a reason sometimes.

Sometimes you can't explain it but that is what I have learned now that I am getting older.

Would have been really cool but it is what it is.

Last edited by Millerman; 10/22/19 02:16 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Oh it happened for a reason alright. It happened so you wouldn't get field passes for every game for the next 5 years.

I've never bought into the fact that, "things happen for a reason".

There's no reason for a child to get cancer. There's no reason for a person to get hit and killed by a drink driver.

Sometimes things just happen and there isn't a reason.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Oh it happened for a reason alright. It happened so you wouldn't get field passes for every game for the next 5 years.

I've never bought into the fact that, "things happen for a reason".

There's no reason for a child to get cancer. There's no reason for a person to get hit and killed by a drink driver.

Sometimes things just happen and there isn't a reason.

And other times our decisions and choices are just wrong and they cost us.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Millerman
Soooo.......I was offered to buy one of Swagger's puppies and I told my wife. She said it probably wasn't a great idea and we should just enjoy the time with our sweet lab Zoey who is 13 and then we will get a new puppy after Zoey goes to the rainbow bridge.

I did go and look at the puppies and I picked one out that I thought would be a perfect puppy for our house but I agreed with my wife reluctantly (Happy wife, Happy life!)

Today I find out that the puppy that I would have picked out is now the new Browns's Mascot as Swagger retired.

Field passes for every game for the next 5 years for the new owner.

Ugh is there a bangs head icon on here somewhere!

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
Every time I see this thread title, I think of SNL's Phil Hartman, and wish he was still with us ...

P
2nd String
2nd String
P
Just lost my baby girl,Lilly Autumn,onOctober 10,she was 14 and one month--almost 99 human years--had a tumor developing rapidlty,was size of my finger,on her but making it real hard on her to eliminate sold waste and lost 4lbs in a month. Miss her big time as does Mrs. P,everyone at vet office in tears along with me also when her time come to go Heaven. A blessing to have been able to care for her,best Christmas present could have been given..

Last edited by Passionate Dawg; 10/23/19 11:23 PM.

I bleed Seal Brown,Burnt Oranage and White w/Chrome. It's a proud honored birthright and family tradition.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Sorry for you loss. Man, it's so tough to lose a pet that you love so much. It sounds somewhat corny, but dag man, I have cried like a baby when I've lost my pets.

Legend
Legend

Pets make that happen. Because they just love with no strings attached.

One of closest friends was a Captain in the Rangers. Two tours in Vietnam.

I remember when his cat passed away. He said in his whole life he had never cried so hard. Could not stop sobbing.

Good story Millerman.

Well if you go to a game you can always give him a bone.

Legend
Legend
I've very sorry for your loss.

Cancer is tough in a dog, because it can go from almost imperceptible to enormous in no time flat.

My Duke had a tiny tumor that grew to bigger than the size of my whole hand, stretched out, in less than a month. It blocked his urinary system completely, and he was gone shortly thereafter.

RIP Lilly. She awaits you in heaven, I am sure.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Sorry to hear. They truly are "Best Friends".

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

M
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
M
I am so sorry to hear that about Lily as I know it is tough losing a dog. Rest assured that Lily will be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge.

I know it is early but I have found that getting a new puppy can help.

Below is the link for the breeders of Swagger and now SJ. Good people for sure and incredible dogs.

fdfarm.com/Swagger.html

Again my thoughts are with you as losing a dog is tough.

Legend
Legend
Sorry to hear ... pets are family and tough to lose.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
2nd String
2nd String
P
Thank you to all for your condolences. Lilly was like our daughter to Mrs. P and me and our friends,neighbors thought of Lilly as their niece. She disliked when the zebras would throw flag on us especially the ones just to throw a flag on us. Know she's in Heaven now playing my parents,I know she"ll be there waiting for me 5 to 10 minutes( Mrs. P had to let her outside) before I'd get home from helping friend with business. Thank you all again.

I bleed Seal Brown,Burnt Oranage and White w/Chrome. It's a proud honored birthright and family tradition.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Sassy the Browns fan new puppy

Link Copied to Clipboard