Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend
Now I know what OBJ was doing in the endzone and why.

#GMSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
#8...

Woah!

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
ikr?

Huge improvement. Earlier this season, CLE was giving up an entire football field in penalty yardage. It's next to impossible to win games with so much laundry on the field.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Who cares he picked Pittsburgh to beat us.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
ikr?

Huge improvement. Earlier this season, CLE was giving up an entire football field in penalty yardage. It's next to impossible to win games with so much laundry on the field.

Penalty yardage is hard to use as an indicator.. based on the PI rules, you could have 1 penalty for 60 yards... does that make you undisciplined? but in # of penalties, the NFL average is 7.1 penalties per game so far this year (accepted penalties)... the Browns had 18 in week 1 and 13 against the Pats.. other than that, we have been at 8 or below every week....

yebat' Putin
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
So I see on the Monday Night halftime report that JuJu injured his knee as well as got knocked silly in our game. Certainly has ramifications in next Pittsburg game.

Legend
Legend
I hope Elves knock them around again in 2 weeks.
CLE has 20 years of getting punk'd to make up for.
Might as well keep this new trend going.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I hope Elves knock them around again in 2 weeks.
CLE has 20 years of getting punk'd to make up for.
Might as well keep this new trend going.

No doubt. The absolute best thing the Browns could do is go back out and beat them again with or without whoever they suspend... do it clean, do it methodically...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
They might be beat up enough for the Bengals to beat them, too

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
A point that was lost in all the furor regarding the last minute fight: how depressed, defeated and demoralized PIT looked in the second half of that game. They looked as skull drug as CLE in previous games.

Once is not enough. Elves bring pain again.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
A point that was lost in all the furor regarding the last minute fight: how depressed, defeated and demoralized PIT looked in the second half of that game. They looked as skull drug as CLE in previous games.

I think we put a 3rd string guy in and send him flying at Mason right off the bat. Let him known well the 15 gladly to prove were not going to back down ANYMORE!

I agree with everything you have been saying. I hate to be looking forward, and hope the browns are not looking past Miami, but dang its going to be a long two weeks for the next game.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

I think we put a 3rd string guy in and send him flying at Mason right off the bat. Let him known well the 15 gladly to prove were not going to back down ANYMORE!

I agree with everything you have been saying. I hate to be looking forward, and hope the browns are not looking past Miami, but dang its going to be a long two weeks for the next game.

I get the furor about going after Mason. I hope we don't lose our focus. Go into Pittsburgh and basically repeat the last game. If cheapshots are going to creep into our gameplan, it better be at the very end of the game up multiple scores.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

I get the furor about going after Mason. I hope we don't lose our focus. Go into Pittsburgh and basically repeat the last game. If cheapshots are going to creep into our gameplan, it better be at the very end of the game up multiple scores.
I have a feeling that the cheap shots will be coming from Pitt.

I wasn't meaning a cheap shot. I said a 3rd string guy right of the bat, because I think the refs are going to over officiate this game by X10000. I want to see what they do on a good clean HARD hit on Mason.

I think even on a good a hit, they are going to be throwing flags.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

I have a feeling that the cheap shots will be coming from Pitt.

I wasn't meaning a cheap shot. I said a 3rd string guy right of the bat, because I think the refs are going to over officiate this game by X10000. I want to see what they do on a good clean HARD hit on Mason.

I think even on a good a hit, they are going to be throwing flags.

Oh no doubt the cheap shots will be flying. Any else notice that Freddie didn’t put Baker out there for the final kneel down? Gilbert was the sacrificial lamb. I also have no doubt that Tomlin would have sanctioned a cheap hit to take Baker out of the game if they were able to get one

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Legend
Legend
I think both coaches will be warned by the league during the week, and reminded by the refs on gameday.

I think Freddie's message raised the level of toughness, swagger and attitude for the last game. The message was sent and received that we will not be the bullied. I don't think he'll backtrack now, and would not expect Tomlin to, by any stretch.

Remember the message Horton carried on his sleeve? "Legal violence". That will be the message from both coaches... probably with a wink at the end.

Go in there and silence the crowd quickly... So we can administer the proper a$$whoopin' with swagger, arrogance, and as much "legal violence" as we can muster.

Gameday is my birthday, I want it to go down as the day "everything changed". wink

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
And we need to maintain that mindset in the next meeting. Stay within the lines of the law, but bully the snot out of them again - send the message that it isn't a one-time thing. This is your new normal.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

That's because the Steelers aren't used to being bullied, especially by the Browns.. probably why they didn't handle it very well.

yebat' Putin
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: FATE
I think both coaches will be warned by the league during the week, and reminded by the refs on gameday.

I think Freddie's message raised the level of toughness, swagger and attitude for the last game. The message was sent and received that we will not be the bullied. I don't think he'll backtrack now, and would not expect Tomlin to, by any stretch.

Remember the message Horton carried on his sleeve? "Legal violence". That will be the message from both coaches... probably with a wink at the end.

Go in there and silence the crowd quickly... So we can administer the proper a$$whoopin' with swagger, arrogance, and as much "legal violence" as we can muster.

Gameday is my birthday, I want it to go down as the day "everything changed". wink

See, I think both coaches are going to take the approach of reinforcing in their team to keep things above board.. it will be hard hitting for sure but both coaches know, and will have to warn their players, it will be called VERY TIGHT.

The game within the game is that both teams are going to be picking and antagonizing and trash talking the whole game, trying to get the other team to lose their cool. WE CANNOT BE THAT TEAM.

yebat' Putin
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Didn't know where to ask this so I'll do it here. When James Harrison hit Terry Robiske and Mohammed Massaquoi I believe it was the same game. When he hit Colt McCoy was that the same game too or a different one? By the way, JH should be the last guy to criticize another player on a football field when it comes to illegal play. Seems like some guys can dish it out but not take it.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

See, I think both coaches are going to take the approach of reinforcing in their team to keep things above board.. it will be hard hitting for sure but both coaches know, and will have to warn their players, it will be called VERY TIGHT.

The game within the game is that both teams are going to be picking and antagonizing and trash talking the whole game, trying to get the other team to lose their cool. WE CANNOT BE THAT TEAM.

This could be where Jarvis really shines. I remember last year how much he was able to get under the skin of their DBs. I don’t think OBJ has been bad for the team, but he looks like he’s not a part of it. I really hope he takes a step back and buys in because this team has the opportunity to do something really special this year as long as all hands are on deck.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

We need a big turnover over or two early AND to capitalize on it and I think we can beat the Steelers before halftime.

-Jack Burton

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Didn't know where to ask this so I'll do it here. When James Harrison hit Terry Robiske and Mohammed Massaquoi I believe it was the same game. When he hit Colt McCoy was that the same game too or a different one? By the way, JH should be the last guy to criticize another player on a football field when it comes to illegal play. Seems like some guys can dish it out but not take it.

I don't remember which games they were. Couldn't have been too far apart, most of our players were only here long enough to play the Steelers 2 or 3 times.

It has been funny watching who falls on which side of the Myles debate... the guys who have been among the most vocal stating that Myles is a disgrace and should be banned are upstanding character guys like...

Steve Smith, who once cold cocked a teammate on the sidelines and broke his nose..

Michael Irvin, who once attacked a teammate in the locker room with a pair of scissors...

Vontaze Burfict, who has a fine and suspension list longer than your arm for dirty play...

Then some of the guys who are standing up for Myles and trying to provide some reason to the situation:

Terry Bradshaw
Rod Woodson
Michael Strahan
Nate Burleson

yebat' Putin
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
...Other than that, how was the play Mrs Lincoln?

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Legend
Legend
Quote:
The game within the game is that both teams are going to be picking and antagonizing and trash talking the whole game

[Coach Clem in locker room before game]: "You know they'll be trying to antagonize you. Knock the snot loose from their lockers and don't say a word. If they yell at you, just stare at them. If they say something about your family... smile. On the next snap, knock then snotless again. And again. And again. Make certain that you play hard, fast relentless and 'clean.' Every interaction with you should end in them picking themselves up off the turf. I promise you- if you do this for 30 full minutes, they will not want to take the field after halftime. Begin the 3rd quarter even harder, and you will break their spirits. It's time to sweep their bones off that trashass field in front of their families, friends and fans. No fkn mercy, men. No mercy. Now, get out there and show them what ownership looks like."

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:
The game within the game is that both teams are going to be picking and antagonizing and trash talking the whole game

[Coach Clem in locker room before game]: "You know they'll be trying to antagonize you. Knock the snot loose from their lockers and don't say a word. If they yell at you, just stare at them. If they say something about your family... smile. On the next snap, knock then snotless again. And again. And again. Make certain that you play hard, fast relentless and 'clean.' Every interaction with you should end in them picking themselves up off the turf. I promise you- if you do this for 30 full minutes, they will not want to take the field after halftime. Begin the 3rd quarter even harder, and you will break their spirits. It's time to sweep their bones off that trashass field in front of their families, friends and fans. No fkn mercy, men. No mercy. Now, get out there and show them what ownership looks like."

I'm ready to run through a brick wall for coach Clem.. LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

yebat' Putin
R
Legend
Legend
R
Sweep. The. Leg.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Pitt is used to beating us up butt good. We gave em a solid gut check, and were the bullies this time, they didn't like it, congrats this team has some fight to it

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Sweep. The. Leg.

rofl

So harsh.
I love it.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

That's because the Steelers aren't used to being bullied, especially by the Browns.. probably why they didn't handle it very well.

So... I just dumped a post in another thread because I was re-watching my DVR of the game's final 2 minutes for a differnt purpose. As soon as I saw this, I aborted the other post, and decided to follow-up here, to keep with the theme that is already running.

Because it's on my TV and I can't post a screenshot, I'll do my best to describe what is frozen on the vidwall of my media room:

1:16 to game.
CLE 21/PIT 7.
1st & 10, PIT: from PIT 36.

NFL Spidercam angle: swings to P.O.V. behind PIT huddle. Paydirt is 40+ yards distant.

A Pop-up Graphic appears down the left side of screen: "Injury Update." as Troy Aikman explains how depleted PITs forces have been rendered during the ongoing game:

From top to bottom:

1. LB Olasunkanmi Adeniyi: CONCUSSION. OUT.
2. CB Artie Burns: KNEE. OUT.
3. RB James Conner: SHOULDER. OUT.
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster: CONCUSSION. OUT.
5. WR Diontae Johnson: CONCUSSION. OUT.

This made me smile.
Not because a fellow human being was suffering, but because Pittsburgh Steelers football players entered into contract to do battle with Cleveland Browns football players... and got they asses curb-stomped. In every phase of the game. On national TV.

I simply cannot stress this point enough: Elves need to 'James Harrison' (tf) outta anyone in their sights who wears the Pssnblk. And they need to do it at Heinz field. With no trace of empathy, ethics or restraint. They need to play this game like 53 Hanson Brothers for a 60 full minutes.

Freddie needs to compile a "Greatest Hits" compilation of PIT hits on hapless Browns, and use them as benchmarks that Browns are now motivated to exceed.

That team (PIT) was battered, bruised, beaten and belittled last Thursday. They got their asses handed to them by a superior team- a superior team that beat them by 2 touchdowns, and left at least another 10-14 points on the field- because it has not yet realized its 2019 potential.

I want this team to take MIA seriously. I want them to prepare like true professionals. Sweat the details, perfect the product- and lay total waste to marine mammals... while honing their details in preparation for the following contest. One win at a time. The schedule and post season are still/always the prime objective, but a larger picture is in play here.

If CLE wants to establish a true culture change for their team, they must also commit to establishing a culture change within the entire AFCN. A movement like that happens one-on-one, position by position. Every single Browns player must buy in to the concept of beating all 3 of his divisional counterparts, with extreme prejudice... and commence to kickin' ass.

Sundays define who assumes 'Top Dawg' status.
Humiliate a mf in his own house... and you own him for his entire career. Imagine an entire generation of PIT players/fans who blink when they play CLE.

This season could be That Moment when everything changes.

Imagine the next 20 years if CLE can sweep both PIT and BAL in the same year.

just sayin'....

F
Legend
Legend
F
They need to play this game like 53 Hanson Brothers for a 60 full minutes.

Hanson Brothers?

Last edited by FloridaFan; 11/20/19 08:18 AM.
Legend
Legend

Yessir. Good stuff Clem. For the first time in a few decades we are finally here:

Now let's set the tone for the next 20...

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 21 Steelers 7 Post Game (NOT THE FIGHT)

Link Copied to Clipboard