Next Thread
Print Thread
#1708728 12/19/19 01:10 PM
E
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
E
Heading over from the Chicago area this weekend to take my 11yr old to see his favorite team.....The Cleveland Browns!! We'll be in town early Saturday and already have tickets for the game in the Dawg Pound.

Family of four with two boys (9 & 11).....we tailgate at Notre Dame often and these two love sports. Any suggestions on Browns or sports related things to do on Saturday? And what about game day.... we don't have the ability to tailgate Sunday, but would love to end up somewhere Sunday morning that gives my son the Browns experience. Thanks for your help!!

L
Legend
Legend
L
Be patient, you’ll get some dawgs here to answer your questions and provide insights.

Enjoy the game, man. I’ve only been to one game (2002) and it was a very cool experience.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Eraser21
Heading over from the Chicago area this weekend to take my 11yr old to see his favorite team.....The Cleveland Browns!! We'll be in town early Saturday and already have tickets for the game in the Dawg Pound.

Family of four with two boys (9 & 11).....we tailgate at Notre Dame often and these two love sports. Any suggestions on Browns or sports related things to do on Saturday? And what about game day.... we don't have the ability to tailgate Sunday, but would love to end up somewhere Sunday morning that gives my son the Browns experience. Thanks for your help!!

Not sure how much they like music, but the R&R HoF is right there as is the Science museum. The stadium itself has a Hall of Fame plaque on its south wall, which is cool and there is the Jim Brown and Otto Graham statues as well. The shop is also on the south side, but be prepared...its prices are high (as you would expect at a stadium).

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hope they work a miracle for ya.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Welcome and hope you enjoy the game! A friendly pro tip, instead of paying to park, park at the Puritas RTA stop at W 150th Street. You can get an all day pass either for very little. Ride the RTA to the stadium and don't fight the traffic in the city. Wish I found out about this a bit sooner but once I did I never ventured into the city too far with my own car. Its easy to leave after the game as well.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Eraser21

Not a lot of sporting events going on Saturday. Cavs off and Lake Erie Monsters are out of town.

Here are a few good places to take the kids if this is what you're looking for. You'll have to drive or Uber/Lyft to them which is no big deal.

https://www.playcle.com
https://www.scene75.com/cleveland/

TopGolf just opened the other week and is just a few miles down I-77. I'd just take an Uber/Lyft from Downtown if you don't want to drive. TopGolf is always a good time with the family.

https://topgolf.com/us/cleveland/

This indoor gokart place in Medina, is about 25 mins from downtown CLE and also a great time:

http://www.highvoltagekarting.com

Pregame, I've taken my kids in early to get autographs, walked around Barley House area (when weather was warmer), eaten at Karl's Inn of the Barristers and there's always the Browns Zone directly in front of the south side of the stadium. Bunch of activities. We've never done it.

Have a good time!

E
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
E
Appreciate all the responses so far. He finds out tomorrow after school, it’s going to be awesome!!

Deep down I want to make this perfect, but I know just being around his team with so many fellow Browns fans is going to have him grinning for weeks. Last year we stopped by FirstEnergy late at night after spending a day at Ray’s.....it was dark and nobody was around, but it was the highlight of Christmas Break.

Last edited by Eraser21; 12/19/19 10:52 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Stop by Saint Dawg's tailgate, in the airport parking lot just east of the rock and roll hall of fame. It is family friendly.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 15 Ravens 31 First Browns Game.....

Link Copied to Clipboard