Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Legend
Legend
P
109 U.S. troops diagnosed with traumatic brain injuries after Iran strike

https://www.axios.com/us-troops-traumati...AgdeqvMgcUhcyns

It's gone from 11 to 109.

And people talk about China under reporting facts to their citizens.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

There are generally two kinds of troops in my experience. Those that avoid medical whenever possible and those that go to medical for every little thing. Symptoms from brain injuries can take time to develop. You can't diagnose something if someone doesn't go to get it checked.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
In less than a week it will have been a month since the intitial report of 11. It doesn't take nearly that long to realize the symptoms of a concussion. As a matter of fact, most all concussion symptoms would have come and gone before now.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I wasn't going to respond because your reply doesn't contradict anything I posted, but it doesn't look like your information is correct:

Mayo Clinic Link

Quote:

Post-concussion syndrome is a complex disorder in which various symptoms — such as headaches and dizziness — last for weeks and sometimes months after the injury that caused the concussion.

Concussion is a mild traumatic brain injury that usually happens after a blow to the head. It can also occur with violent shaking and movement of the head or body. You don't have to lose consciousness to get a concussion or post-concussion syndrome. In fact, the risk of post-concussion syndrome doesn't appear to be associated with the severity of the initial injury.

In most people, symptoms occur within the first seven to 10 days and go away within three months. Sometimes, they can persist for a year or more.

If guys try to tough something out and don't get checked until much later, it makes reporting difficult. Especially when our country has a Twitter mentality.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend

China is no worse than America. We (both dems, and repubs) are both as guilty.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
O
Legend
Legend
O
When you consider that these are mostly young people who consider themselves more or less immortal, it's not surprising they are slow to report the injuries. But if the injuries are not documented there would not be care provided for most after they exit the military. Documented injury comes with life long treatment. So the numbers may be slightly higher out of some not so serious just practicing CYA just in case.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/11/20 10:01 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well Trump said it's only some headaches and it's not that serious, so.....

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well Trump said it's only some headaches and it's not that serious, so.....

You can only go with the information you have available.

Could he have said it better? Yes. He's not a smooth talker to say the least. Open mouth, insert foot is how he rolls.

Complaining that the numbers rose is a separate issue. It's not like he was over there compiling them himself. He went with the numbers the military gave him at the time.

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
The problem you have here is that I didn't blame it on Trump. His stupid response I did. But the report on the number of injuries reported I did not.

It's a government thing. And it's not even about the party in power. Our government wishes to downplay incidents like this as much as they can.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The problem you have here is that I didn't blame it on Trump. His stupid response I did. But the report on the number of injuries reported I did not.

It's a government thing. And it's not even about the party in power. Our government wishes to downplay incidents like this as much as they can.

Well, when you reply to a post about the reports with a response about Trump, it looks like you're blaming him.

If you throw enough arguments out, one of them might eventually work.

Governments downplaying incidents isn't uncommon. You're right there. We might finally be getting somewhere.

At the same time, when families over here hear that there was a missile attack over there, they want to know if their loved ones are alive. In that moment, they aren't overly concerned about concussions.

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Once again, the only time I mentioned Trump was referring to his dumb response about these injuries not being serious.

When I posted the new statistics on the injuries, I even compared the report to "China" not being transparent. It has nothing to do with Trump. The fact you jumped to that conclusion isn't the fault of anyone but you.

I've followed what has happened to our troops since the days of Vietnam. Injuries/wounded have always been reported alongside fatalities.

Believe it or not, all families of our troops are concerned with their injuries as well as fatalities.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Once again, the only time I mentioned Trump was referring to his dumb response about these injuries not being serious.

When I posted the new statistics on the injuries, I even compared the report to "China" not being transparent. It has nothing to do with Trump. The fact you jumped to that conclusion isn't the fault of anyone but you.

I've followed what has happened to our troops since the days of Vietnam. Injuries/wounded have always been reported alongside fatalities.

Believe it or not, all families of our troops are concerned with their injuries as well as fatalities.

So your argument is that you posted something completely unrelated to what you were replying to for no apparent reason. You were the one that first brought up Trump. Sometimes I really wonder about the way your mind works.

I agree with the last part and never said otherwise. Yet, families want to know their loved ones are alive first, everything else is secondary.

Can we let this thread die? Or is there something unrelated you'd like to add?

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Try reading it slowly.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
rofl

I'm sure you would like to start over.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Try reading it slowly.

They all know the trump admin is sweeping this under the rug. Running around with their fingers in their ears going lalalalalalalalalal

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
So typically foolish.

If the Military and Government chose to withhold the numbers in order to avoid a war with Iran, possibly killing hundreds of our troops, then it was a wise decision.

You guys are going to cry "Hate Trump" either way.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
So typically foolish.

If the Military and Government chose to withhold the numbers in order to avoid a war with Iran, possibly killing hundreds of our troops, then it was a wise decision.

You guys are going to cry "Hate Trump" either way.

He didn't "withhold" anything. The numbers were reported as they came in.

Trump and wise in the same vicinity. I don't think his immediate family would put those two things together.

Don't blame them that Trump is eminently hateable.

Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Quote:

Try reading it slowly.

They all know the trump admin is sweeping this under the rug. Running around with their fingers in their ears going lalalalalalalalalal

Is the military releasing an update really sweeping something under the rug?

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:
The numbers were reported as they came in.

No they weren’t. There was a pause of info. We all know why. Keep sweeping it away bro.

– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

No they weren’t. There was a pause of info. We all know why. Keep sweeping it away bro.

Okay, you're right. There was probably an initial incident report. Additional soldiers were probably seen over time by medical and the information was collated into a report at the end of a standard interval.

I'm not sweeping anything away. I just don't see any great conspiracy. I see incompetence (Trump's scatterbrain and poor word choices) and the slow grind of bureaucracy (the amount of paperwork in the military can be mind numbing and it all takes time to go through the chain of command) combined with soldiers not wanting to let their buddies down/look weak in front of them.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg
Quote:

Okay, you're right. There was probably an initial incident report. Additional soldiers were probably seen over time by medical and the information was collated into a report at the end of a standard interval.

I'm not sweeping anything away. I just don't see any great conspiracy. I see incompetence (Trump's scatterbrain and poor word choices) and the slow grind of bureaucracy (the amount of paperwork in the military can be mind numbing and it all takes time to go through the chain of command) combined with soldiers not wanting to let their buddies down/look weak in front of them.

Really? When we first heard about this attack the Iranian missiles missed their mark and landed harmlessly in the middle of nowhere. The desert. Now what? What next.? Deaths? Who knows right? Swept under the rug to turn up later. We’ll see.

– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If the right is trying to sweep something under, the left is trying to bury the rug in innuendo. I don't think that's any better.

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

Actually I would like to see you stop playing kick the can. But I don't see that happening.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
rofl

Actually I would like to see you stop playing kick the can. But I don't see that happening.

You're the one that likes to play games.

If you keep throwing out cans of..."junk," I'll keep kicking them back where they came from. It's not because I like playing games, it's because I don't like your mess on my figurative lawn/in my figurative neighborhood. I feel obliged to try and clean it up.

Step up your game so we can have legitimate discussion instead of this blind attack mentality you've seemed to have going.

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
New paragraphs are important for the reader. They tell when you're switching time, place, topic or speaker.

You sound like the same people who don't like anyone "different" living in their neighborhood. I've got news for you. I'm not going anywhere and not going to let you try to use your spin to claim I indicated something that didn't happen.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I lived packed tight in a berthing with "different", as you call them, people for years, and we got along great. I'm just not particularly fond of people whose posts are often the equivalent of taking a dump in the middle of the floor. But whatever, this game of yours has gotten old.

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Show anywhere that I even hinted it was Trump who was responsible for hiding the numbers. You can't. I never even suggested it.

So now you continue to run your mouth as the lard drips down your chin.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

P
Legend
Legend
P
Trump must have changed who does his make up.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus 11 U.S. troops needed treatment after Iranian missile attack, Pentagon says

Link Copied to Clipboard