Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Keenum left an offense in which he was good, for offenses in which he was not good. The scheme always matters. Mayfield is a great example of that. Put him in an offense that plays to his strengths, he excels. Put him in one that doesn’t, he struggles.

That’s an issue with a lot of fans, they use the formula of player A did great in X offense, he should do great in Y offense. It’s a totally different system/team/staff. The Very Good players can do it, most can’t.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Not really arguing w/you, but one can't simply discount what Keenum did in Minnesota.

He was 11 and 3 as a starter.

He completed 66.7% of his passes.

He threw for 22 TDs w/only 7 interceptions.

His QB Rating was 98.3.

His QBR was 74.3.

What would the Browns have done last year w/a qb who performed at that level? I'm guessing they would have been in the playoffs.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Keenum is a pretty good QB.

Pretty good? If Keenum is pretty good then what does that make QBs that are actually good? If you're a pretty good QB you aren't on four different teams the last four seasons. If Case Keenum is starting a game for you are more likely than not have the worst of the two QBs in that game.

The thing is Keenum is what he is. A back up that likes the role. He is very capable to win games. Also someone who had a 11-3 record in this offense.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Not really arguing w/you, but one can't simply discount what Keenum did in Minnesota.

His QB Rating was 98.3.

His QBR was 74.3.

And then the Vikings couldn't wait to replace him when he would have signed for much cheaper than the guy they replaced him with.

I think it's great that we have Keenum. I wish we didn't have to pay him as much as we are but I think he will have a good influence on the starter and knows the offense. If he has to play we are screwed.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't know if it was they "couldn't wait to replace him" or if Kirk Cousins was the most coveted FA qb to become available in quite a few years. I remember all the articles, sports-talk, and even threads on here focusing on who would land Cousins.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I think Case is a smart QB who can learn any system that he has to. He is a solid backup that can come in and win a few games if he has to. Good mentor to a younger QB.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

His QB Rating was 98.3.

His QBR was 74.3.

What would the Browns have done last year w/a qb who performed at that level? I'm guessing they would have been in the playoffs.

So...what Keenum did the year-before-last is an indicator of success...but what Baker did the year-before-last you ignore like a bad parent letting his/her child run rampant in the grocery store.

We have a #1 overall draft pick QB who pulled this organization from 'Hue's land of the winless'...and broke the all-time rookie QB TD record...while being a monster in the red zone...all as a rookie getting no snaps in pre-season and training camp and pre-starter practice with the first team...and he's a turd in his sophomore year full of incompetence all around him. Oh yeah...some people think he's a jerk even though he works with kids in camps and that same people have never met the guy.

My goodness.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns sign QB Case Keenum

Link Copied to Clipboard