Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This is real now. I lost my first friend today. RIP Kathy K

Better known as K2

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Legend
Legend
I pray for those taken and that this thread doesn't get to multiple pages.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
For everyone posting here that loses a friend or loved one, I am sorry for your loss.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
My prayers for all of those who have lost loved ones. I pray for God's comfort for you all.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Tom Dempsey, Kicker for the Saints, 73
Was in a nursing home in NOLA.
53 so far have tested positive and 13 have died in that nursing home.

Legend
Legend
Former Neighbor who last resided in a nursing home a mile from me, died... But hey, he was 99 years old... But still, this virus took him.....RIP my friend

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
My high school art teacher’s husband is fighting for his life on a ventilator right now. Day 10. I pray I’ll not have to come back here to post about his passing. She tested positive too but was able to fight it off at home. Now she sits home and prays for her partner of many decades to win his fight.
I pray for him daily. As I do for my family, my community, and all of mankind.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Prayers to you and them

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 04/07/20 09:53 PM.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
WKBN

Joe was a good guy. I didn’t know him real well but his wife taught both of my kids and his son played ball with my son. Joe (and Tina, his wife) are very well liked and respected in our community. May he Rest In Peace.

Last edited by Pdawg; 04/07/20 10:31 PM.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Sorry to hear, P. You as well, Saint.... and anyone else I've missed.

Here is a fixed link for Pdawg:
https://www.wkbn.com/news/coronavirus/th...ork-kind-heart/

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Thanks Purp. I think I fixed the link.

#gmstrong
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Still have "Bruised Orange" on vinyl.

A great songwriter.

RIP John Prine.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The link in my initial post is continually updated.

RIP frown

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
I'm sorry for your loss Pdawg and saint.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
May those lost rest in peace, and may God comfort those left behind.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Sorry to hear of this loss for both you and Saint. Things like this really hit home when it's someone we know or love.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: SaintDawg
This is real now. I lost my first friend today. RIP Kathy K

Better known as K2

I liked that only because I can't put a sad or tear face up.

It's real my friend. I hope that one day soon we can hoist a beer and tip cans together. If not, the memories last past our demise.

We both can hit the lot and knock back a few without becoming total asses.

Something good to be said for that.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I’m glad to report good news... my high school art teacher’s husband came off his vent this morning. He’s breathing on his own. Oxygen levels are stable. He’s not out of the woods but he’s back on the path to health.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O

Charlotte Figi, Who Helped Popularize CBD for Medical Use, Dies at 13

Her mother said the cause was likely complications related to the coronavirus.

Charlotte Figi, whose use of cannabidiol, or CBD, to treat her epilepsy helped popularize its medicinal use, died on Tuesday. She was 13.

Her death was confirmed by her parents, Paige and Steven Figi, who said the cause was most likely complications related to Covid-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus.

Charlotte became the face of the medicinal CBD movement when she was 5 years old, after it appeared that taking CBD eased the symptoms of her epilepsy.

She had her first seizure when she was 3 months old. Soon after, her parents were told that she had Dravet syndrome, a rare form of epilepsy that starts in infancy.

By age 5, Charlotte was having over 300 seizures a week, about one every 30 minutes, Ms. Figi said. Charlotte was in a wheelchair and used a feeding tube because she could not swallow, her mother said. On several occasions, she was resuscitated after her heart stopped.

The family tried dozens of medications but they did not work. “We were told by the doctor there was nothing left to try pharmaceutically,” Ms. Figi said.

Ms. Figi began to research CBD, a nonintoxicating, nonpsychotropic compound found in cannabis. The cannabinoid was being used overseas to treat epileptic patients. She found a grower who agreed to grow the hemp needed to extract CBD oil for Charlotte.

“I didn’t think it was going to work,” Ms. Figi said.

But it did. Charlotte did not have any seizures for seven days after starting the treatment, Ms. Figi said.

“She started talking, making eye contact, walking, and we removed her feeding tube,” her mother said. The seizures were reduced to about one a month.

Dr. Sanjay Gupta, the chief medical correspondent on CNN, interviewed Charlotte for his 2013 documentary special “Weed,” and later advocated the use of CBD to treat epilepsy.

Charlotte’s story made national headlines, and soon other epileptic patients followed her lead. Many saw similar results, Ms. Figi said.

In 2011, Charlotte’s Web CBD was founded by Joel Stanley, the hemp grower who helped Charlotte. The company was named after her.

“What began as her story, became the shared story of hundreds of thousands,” Mr. Stanley wrote on the company’s Facebook page. “Her story built communities, her need built hope, and her legacy will continue to build harmony.”

In 2018, the Food and Drug Administration approved a cannabidiol medication, Epidolex, to treat the seizures caused by Dravet syndrome. It was the first drug to be approved by the F.D.A. for the condition.

Ms. Figi said the members of her family experienced an illness in early March that she believes was Covid-19, but they did not meet the requirements to be tested.

“I’ve never been that sick in my entire life,” Ms. Figi said on Thursday. “We are a very healthy family.”

While the rest of the family was recuperating, Charlotte’s condition worsened and she was taken to Children’s Hospital in Colorado Springs on April 3, her mother said. Charlotte tested negative for the virus and was discharged two days later.

On Monday, Ms. Figi said, Charlotte was feeling better. She painted Charlotte’s toenails and they sat in the sun for a while. But early Tuesday morning, Charlotte had a seizure and became nonresponsive, her mother said.

“It was the last moment she was alive, I feel,” she said.

Charlotte was resuscitated by paramedics and rushed to the hospital. She had a seizure that led to her going into cardiac arrest, her mother said.

Ms. Figi said that Charlotte’s test for the coronavirus came a month too late. (False negatives are a known problem with the current coronavirus tests.)

In addition to her parents, Charlotte is survived by her twin sister, Chase; her brother, Maxwell, 16; and her mother’s husband, Greg Iafeliece.

For nine years, thanks to CBD, Charlotte had the opportunity to live a life with a close resemblance to that of any young girl, her mother said.

Charlotte was adventurous. She liked to hike and ride on the front of a tandem bike with her mother, and she enjoyed riding horses with her sister. But what was most important, Ms. Figi said, is that Charlotte was oblivious to the movement she started.

“She found incredible resolution from cannabis but she didn’t know,” Ms. Figi said. “She had a good life.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/09/us/charlotte-figi-dead.html

We lost a hero there. RIP Charlotte.

I didn't start a new thread due to the mothers claim and had only scanned the article before posting. However her mother claiming her COVID-19 test return a false negative with no further proof, it may not belong here. Either way, she was a hero.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 04/10/20 06:11 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Thread for “Those we’ve lost to the Corona Virus”

Link Copied to Clipboard