Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Hall of Famer
OP Online
Hall of Famer
D
https://www.foxnews.com/us/samaritans-purse-workers-ny-coronavirus-state-income-tax-cuomo

What a joke Gov Cuomo is. First he puts Covid patients in Nursing homes and causes more death. Then begs for help. Begs for financial aid because he poorly operated his Stae for years. Now is charging those that came from out of State to help his State with New York State tax.

WOW!!! Is all I can say.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Total BS NYC pays billions more into federal coffers than most every other state. That money is given to many other states every year. Your nursing home comment is whacked.

“I don’t think the Republicans want to be in a position where they bail out states that are, that have been mismanaged over a long period of time,” he said.

McConnels state gets bailed out every year. NY is not mismanaged it pays billions more every year than most other states. What a disgusting time to play politics. this is a national crisis not a political one. NY is the epicenter of a national crisis.

Joe Thomas #73
D
Hall of Famer
OP Online
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: BADdog
Total BS NYC pays billions more into federal coffers than any other state. That money is given to many other states every year. Your nursing home comment is whacked.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/29/med...-nursing-homes/

https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus/202...oronavirus.html

https://nypost.com/2020/05/01/cuomos-coronavirus-nursing-home-policies-a-disaster-ex-gov-pataki/

Know the truth. It will set you free!

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Total BS NYC pays billions more into federal coffers than any other state. That money is given to many other states every year. Your nursing home comment is whacked.

Without places like NY paying in huge amounts of taxes, places like Kentucky would be a deeper crap hole of financial despair.

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg

Know the truth. It will set you free!

McConnels state gets bailed out every year.

Joe Thomas #73
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I knew you would torched by the libs ,NY is the highest taxed state and their losing people cause of that but i guess when it comes to their hue and cry of PAY YOUR FAIR SHARE, it dont apply to their guys.pffft

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Virginia, Kentucky, New Mexico and West Virginia get the most back from the federal government, raking in far more than they contribute.

kentucky yearly bail out

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg

Without places like NY paying in huge amounts of taxes, places like Kentucky would be a deeper crap hole of financial despair.

Which is why I've always argued for more states rights. Let NY take care of NY and Kentucky take care of Kentucky and be done with it.

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
We can't agree on facts with your side using alternative facts... McConnell is behind this if it is true because they are screwing dem states, all states really, by not sending emergency funding. States can go bankrupt, remember? smfh GOPers are such fools.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Now with that said, I'm really struggling with the disconnect between the love I see being thrown on Gov. Cuomo and his actual record on this. Is it because he looks good in a suit? Is it because his press conferences look authoritative and professional? My guess is that it's because he's a democrat and he went toe to toe with Trump.... I don't know because his results have sucked arse.

He bragged about how it was HIS JOB to have a plan for NY and to keep NYers safe...

He bragged about how well his tri-state plan with NJ and CT was working...

He advised folks to go out to dinner in March...

CT has done ok but NY and NJ have more deaths than any other COUNTRY in the world.

NY did, in fact, send elderly people who were still infected back to their nursing homes, by mandate.

Failing to stop NYers from travelling appears to be the single biggest cause of other outbreaks around the United States.
Quote:
Travel From New York City Seeded Wave of U.S. Outbreaks
The coronavirus outbreak in New York City became the primary source of infections around the United States, researchers have found.

By Benedict Carey and James Glanz
May 7, 2020
Updated 8:36 a.m. ET

New York City’s coronavirus outbreak grew so large by early March that the city became the primary source of new infections in the United States, new research reveals, as thousands of infected people traveled from the city and seeded outbreaks around the country.

The research indicates that a wave of infections swept from New York City through much of the country before the city began setting social distancing limits to stop the growth. That helped to fuel outbreaks in Louisiana, Texas, Arizona and as far away as the West Coast.

The findings are drawn from geneticists’ tracking signature mutations of the virus, travel histories of infected people and models of the outbreak by infectious disease experts.

“We now have enough data to feel pretty confident that New York was the primary gateway for the rest of the country,” said Nathan Grubaugh, an epidemiologist at the Yale School of Public Health.

New York Times

They had nurses from Alabama and Mississippi come to help them, Samaritans purse set up a hospital there.. and the second they didn't need them any more the dems in NYC started bashing the red state religious fanatics..

I mean, seriously, WTF did this guy do to deserve any amount of respect or adoration from his handling of this?

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
We can agree on the fact I don't see all the love and adoration being earned either. He's not a scumbag like McConnell but he's also no Saint Bernie either...

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/07/20 12:25 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

The research indicates that a wave of infections swept from New York City through much of the country before the city began setting social distancing limits to stop the growth. That helped to fuel outbreaks in Louisiana, Texas, Arizona and as far away as the West Coast.

I'd be interested to know how fair a statement like this is... when did this wave of travel happen that infected all these other states? . . . was it at a time when Trump was saying CV 19 is a hoax? When he was saying it was going to disappear? Was this wave of travel when Trump claimed we'd prevented it coming to America?

I don't know the time lines - I don't follow anything Cuomo has said. I don't know if Cuomo implemented social distancing before or after Trump promoted or endorsed it ? Silly to critique Cuomo if he acted before Trump on this. As for what Cuomo bragged about? He's a politician with a platform ... I'll still take all his foibles over the moronic things Trump has said and bragged about.

Last edited by mgh888; 05/07/20 12:36 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Its probably some what true. It most likely came in from Europe. NYC is an airport hub to the world.

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I'd be interested to know how fair a statement like this is...

How dare you question this. Did you not read the article? This research was done by SCIENTISTS at Yale and reported by the New York Times.. just take them at their word or you are a backwoods redneck loser who just wants people to die so you can get a haircut.

Quote:
when did this wave of travel happen that infected all these other states? . . . was it at a time when Trump was saying CV 19 is a hoax? When he was saying it was going to disappear? Was this wave of travel when Trump claimed we'd prevented it coming to America?

Who cares what Trump was saying or when he said it? All of these other states, including NY, were free to shut down travel and isolate whenever they wanted to. If they were waiting for Trump to tell them it was ok, then they are weak leaders who should be replaced. Evidently the whole world knew what a big deal this was from the beginning, everybody except for Trump.. so claiming that states were waiting for him to get on board is a lame excuse.

But for the record, Trump declared a state of emergency on Friday, March 13.. Cuomo issued NYs stay at home order on March 20...

Quote:
Silly to critique Cuomo if he acted before Trump on this.

No, it's not silly. The general argument goes that Trump should have known because everybody else knew.. If Cuomo knew so much earlier, he could have acted sooner. His "plan" of how to shut things down, how to redirect metro traffic, all of it.. failed in glorious fashion. Over 26,000 NYers are dead.. at least that is what they are reporting...

Quote:
I'll still take all his foibles over the moronic things Trump has said and bragged about.

Setting the bar at "at least he's not as dumb as the other guy" is how we ended up with Donald Trump and Joe Biden to choose from in this election..

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Saint Bernie

rofl

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just remember it was about the time that they banned all travel to Europe, and then we saw all those photos of people stacked up in line at O'Hara and other airports trying to get back in the US and back home.

I shook my head at that time, but that ban is part of the problem that we have with New York and Illinois.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

Setting the bar at "at least he's not as dumb as the other guy" is how we ended up with Donald Trump and Joe Biden to choose from in this election..

This is true. But it's also relevant in some ways. Trump is the most visible barometer we have in the USA in terms of performance.

However - the rest is meh. Everything about this situation has been turned political. So if you have an article that blasts Cuomo but ignores what Trump did and said and his time line - yeah it would matter.

As I said - I am not fighting for Cuomo and have never said a positive word about him or what he's done or not done. I have no clue why he's got media love (assuming he has) .... Maybe it's simply because he is in charge of the single most dramatically hit area/city in the USA/world.

Last edited by mgh888; 05/07/20 08:27 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mgh888
[quote=DCDAWGFAN]

As I said - I am not fighting for Cuomo and have never said a positive word about him or what he's done or not done. I have no clue why he's got media love (assuming he has) .... Maybe it's simply because he is in charge of the single most dramatically hit area/city in the USA/world.

He states facts, he doesnt lie, He basis decisions on science and he explains his decisions. And he has compassion and empathy. You know like a leader.

Joe Thomas #73
D
Hall of Famer
OP Online
Hall of Famer
D
[quote=DCDAWGFAN]

He states facts, he doesnt lie, He basis decisions on science and he explains his decisions. And he has compassion and empathy. You know like a leader.

He put Covid victims in nursing homes. That is the single worse thing that has happened since this Pandemic started.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
[quote=DCDAWGFAN]

He put Covid victims in nursing homes. That is the single worse thing that has happened since this Pandemic started.

Not even close.

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Prepare the Blue State Bailouts!

Run their States into the ground financially, pay for everything when it comes to illegals, Pension promises they knew they couldn't keep, become Sanctuary States and Cities in defiance of the Federal Teat, and now ask the rest of us to bail them out of the fiasco's they created.

Let them eat Nancy's ice cream!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

Run their States into the ground financially, pay for everything when it comes to illegals, Pension promises they knew they couldn't keep, become Sanctuary States and Cities in defiance of the Federal Teat, and now ask the rest of us to bail them out of the fiasco's they created.

You have no idea what you are talking about. The virus created this financial hardship for the nation there is no red state blue state issue. Your ignorance on the subject is in full display here.

Joe Thomas #73
T
Legend
Legend
T
[quote=DCDAWGFAN]

2nd paragraph.
Oh so you're talking about Trump then right? He's talking about Trump!

---------

I was thinking this morning , as the uhh, AP, probably was, I dunno, an update, let's just guess it was probably some deal like the AP, sounds like something they'd do,
Playing a clip where, Chuck Schumur, is - (well he's using his well animated voice), you know how he does,
sounds like he is trying to be proclamatic (Proclaim)

says something like, The US economy is going to do real bad since the great depression, Something like that.

And I ASK! What has Schumur done more than any one single DawgTalk member on this board to respond to the Corona virus outbreak, in any way.

He didn't do Anything to Solve Anything!
As much as I hate the guy, politically, I'd at least be aware, If I could see him ya know,
(HE'S A POLLITICIAN) -> coming up with ideas or SOMETHING!

Chuck Shumur? Maybe I just didn't hear,

Someone tell me how many ventilators, PPE, Testing, Hospitals, Economic ideas,
distribution of resources, ie health care workers teamed up to respond mobile like to outbreak hot-spots.

Tell me what Schumur did? Because for the last 15 years he's been broadcasted by the liberal media:

like some precious Pope of the USA or something,

And he has how many ideas?

He's done nothing. and So has Pelosi, <- As far as I can see! As far as I have observed! So!

Tell me, Because I missed it, (ill go as far as to admit, maybe I missed all the good these two antagonists to right thinking republicans have done, in spite of all the time they've spent trying to undermine, decent God Fearing Republican ideas,
And when I've seen them, saying their undermining things and having their unprecedented witch hunt on the current president WHICH WAS UNFOUNDED, impeachment false hope, during all that time,

There was some underlying good these two, Pelosi, and Shumur, did, in the background that I didn't see,
To include some
Phenomenal idea, thought, or evidence of cooperation, or , or, ANYTHING!

To include ANYTHING! Schumur, (ehh well Schumur and Pelosi, BOTH for that matter)
they did in response to this corona virus outbreak, which would help the death rate, the infection spread rate, the health care response rate, the economic impact rate, or Anything!

Even words or encouragement.

Thus
Such that,
So, Why won't Schumur, just take his (animated voice) Proclamating, this morning on the news update, probably from the AP, (associated press), or UPI, something like that,
where he says, The economy is going to face some real bad way, unemployment, ... drepression.

like he's Blaming the President,
President Trump, which we've all seen, in briefings, everyday, and all he and his are doing to respond to this outbreak.

And Schumur should say Noting, like all the scores of other Senators and House Members who have said nothing,

Has the congress passed any bills, to help solve this problem?
( Oh, they uhh, free money to people stimulus, which was the Presidents idea)
Has the Congress done anything to help, as in, when the President used the War Act Thing, to get General Motors to make ventilators-
which they agreed to after they knew they'd be forced to

and to respond to the Meat processing shutdown which would lead to meat shortages,

Which the Pres, used the War Act thing, (this past week, in this case)
to re-open shut down meat processors because of isolated outbreaks among their workers,

again, Which they agreed to after they knew they'd be forced to.

I'll say this!
Is Schumur out there SPEAR HEADING any organized response to this Coronavirus Outbreak,

or is he just blaming the President?

I'll admit, that I am AS OF YET! , UNAWARES' if Chuck Schumur is doing any good.

Any good on ANYTHING, really, for the past FIFTEEN YEARS! Except bash the President!
and
Republicans,
and good God Fearing republican ideas.

So tell me, Why Anybody should listen to Schumur,
and Schumur and Pelosi together for that matter?

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

You have no idea what you are talking about. The virus created this financial hardship for the nation there is no red state blue state issue. Your ignorance on the subject is in full display here.

When this is over the blue states could return the favor. Keep our tax dollars to ourselves and let the ‘craphole states’ like Mississippi, Alabama, and Kentucky deal with their own profoundly poor populous without our ‘bailout’ money.
Or... we could act like Americans and understand it’s about the entire country. Not red. Not blue.
A hard concept to understand with the snowflake in Chief inciting ignorance as a virtue.

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Your from NY ... u gonna sweep what he did in nursing homes under the rug or u gonna be honest for a second? ...

I’ll be shocked if u even know how to be honest when it comes to this ...

D
Legend
Legend
D
[quote=DCDAWGFAN]

Not even close.

All i had to do was read a little further and your honesty is like i thought ... non existent ... shocker ..

D
Legend
Legend
D
PS. Treating all of NY like he did the city and the Burroughs was 100% MORONIC .... he’s still doing it ... dude in Fla. did it right ... he had one set of rules for the 3 hardest hit counties and different rules for the rest of the state .... and its worked out just fine there so far ...

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's wonderful that people never travel anywhere. This virus was brought here mainly from Europe. Yet you think we can contain it from one part of a state to another or from one state to another.

That's a very unique kind of special right there.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Riley01
I knew you would torched by the libs ,NY is the highest taxed state and their losing people cause of that but i guess when it comes to their hue and cry of PAY YOUR FAIR SHARE, it dont apply to their guys.pffft

So, are you challenging that NY pays more than it gets?

Are you challenging that KT for instance gets bailed out each year?

What are you saying is untrue?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's a funny thing how that works isn't it? They sit here and whine about states who pay out more than they take in while people like McConnel help run states that take more out than they pay in. Kentucky, Mississippi and other poverty stricken states are ran by Republicans and they whine about states that turn a profit in terms of paying into the federal government.

This is what happens when you allow yourself to be led around by a man who says the truth is a lie and a ,lie is the truth. Pretty soon you start believing all of the lies without searching out the truth for yourself.

#gmstrong
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Did you notice how some hear REFUSE to blame their beloved communistic human rights violator CHINA watta a sad group.
J\C

P
Legend
Legend
P
Blame them for what exactly? That is where the virus originated? Yes it is. That they didn't disclose how bad the situation was? That is true.

What else are you blaming them for? What evidence do you have to blame them of more? What does that have to do with how our government reacted to the crisis?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Uh, China then proceeded to shut down their own people from travel within China but allowed anyone who wanted to, travel to Europe and the US. Even from Wuhan.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 05/11/20 12:11 PM.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus New York says Thanks for the help. Here is your Bill!

Link Copied to Clipboard