Next Thread
Print Thread
#1783265 08/14/20 09:12 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/...ng-explanation/

BREITBART
PHONY KAMALADEM CITY CRIME WAVEISRAEL-UAE DEALCHEAT-BY-MAILCORONAVIRUSMASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
Nolte: HBO Max Vandalizes ‘Blazing Saddles’ with Patronizing Explanation
Gene Wilder as The Waco Kid and Cleavon Little as Sheriff Bart in Mel Brooks’ “Blazing Saddles.” The director hosts a screening of the film May 22 at the Bushnell. (Warner Bros.)Warner Bros.
JOHN NOLTE14 Aug 2020143
4:46
As predicted, the Woke Taliban have come for Blazing Saddles, Mel Brooks’ 1974 comedy masterpiece.

No, the classic has not been blacklisted … yet.

But HBO Max, which is part of Warner Bros., which owns Blazing Saddles lock, stock, and barrel; and is itself owned by one of those evil, conformist, all-powerful multinational conglomerates determined to swallow up the world, now forces you to sit through a tutorial before you’re allowed to watch the movie.

This is naked vandalism, a desecration of art, the same thing these eunuchs did to the 1939 masterpiece Gone with the Wind, and every bit as un-American and anti-art as a tutorial that tells you how to look at and feel about the Mona Lisa or “Baby It’s Cold Outside” or Michelangelo’s David.

Think I’m overreacting…?

The prelude, which is delivered by Turner Classic Movies host Jacqueline Stewart, instructs those who are about to view Blazing Saddles about how they are supposed to feel about the characters and what is and is not funny….

She continues the prelude saying that the race-centered comedy features “racist language and attitudes” throughout.

“Those attitudes are espoused by characters who are explicitly portrayed here as narrow-minded, ignorant bigots,” Stewart adds. “The film’s real and much more enlightened perspective is represented by the two main characters.”

Here’s what you’re supposed to laugh at, children…

Here’s what you’re not supposed to laugh at, children…

These are the good guys, children…

These are the bad guys, children…

That is not how movies work.

That is not how movies change the world and help us grow.

Blazing Saddles, which delivers a brutally funny savaging of racism, is so effective primarily because it is never patronizing or simple-minded. Nevertheless, Jacqueline Stewart’s tutorial betrays and dilutes the movie’s heart and soul, its moral literacy, with her patronizing and simple-minded exercise in moral illiteracy.

By not telling us how to think, by offering up villainous racists who are human and even, dare I say, sympathetic (because they’re dumb), and heroes (the late great Cleavon Little and Gene Wilder) who are cool, funny, and the opposite of uptight woketards, Brooks wins the argument, wins our hearts and minds. We not only identify with his heroes, we want to be those guys… But the moment a powerful and patronizing fascist corporation jumps in to tell us how to think and what to think and what is and is not funny, all of that changes. You now resent what had been a perfect exercise in empathy and decency. The very message Brooks created with his audacious brilliance, is now diminished into an overbearing Health Class movie about the dangers of VD.

And this is just the first shoe to drop off Blazing Saddles… This is nothing less than Woketard mission creep, because these fascists can’t “tutorial” their way out of the movie’s “problematic” climax — a (hilarious) satire of homosexuals. There’s no talking around that one, there’s no “Those attitudes are espoused by characters who are explicitly portrayed here as narrow-minded, ignorant bigots” escape hatch on that one. The gay satire is good-natured (not that this matters anymore) but there’s no “enlightened perspective” to offer, just pre-PC hilarity. So…

I’m afraid Blazing Saddles is still doomed.

Buy your hard copy now.

These vandals went even further with Gone with the Wind. Before you’re allowed to watch what is still The Most Popular Movie Ever Made, there’s not only a video of Stewart trashing it with a translation so simplistic it’s hard not to laugh — “Gone with the Wind is a prime text for examining expressions of white supremacy in popular culture” — a video has now been added titled The Complicated Legacy of Gone With the Wind.

Nothing is safe. Nothing is sacred. And the only reason Gone with the Wind and Blazing Saddles are still with us (for now) is because they are iconic. The non-iconic titles that rate as “problematic” are about to begin disappearing — if they haven’t already.

About a half-dozen of those aforementioned evil, conformist, all-powerful multinational conglomerates determined to swallow up the world pretty much own everything… So hold on to your hard copies.

In the meantime, though, let’s respond to this ignorance, this bigotry, this patronizing corporate vandalism and Groupthink in the only way a decent American can… Please join and excuse me while I whip this out

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Nuance is important.

You should look into nuance, Erik.

Legend
Legend
That little Bastard shot me right in the ass!

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

Why the smile on your face? naughtydevil

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

My favorite, as it gets more obscure as the years pass:

I've killed more men than Cecil B. DaMille.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:
the Woke Taliban

Yeah, that was about enough and why only wackamoles take Breitbart seriously.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Quote:
the Woke Taliban

Yeah, that was about enough and why only wackamoles take Breitbart seriously.

And you're attitude is why the ignorant stay ignorant.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Your lame conspiracy theories are why groups like QAnon thrive.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
We are talking about the same film with the immortal line "hell, save the horses ... send in the N-word"..... i think times have changed. At one time entertainment for the masses was watching gladiators hack each other up, then it was watching beheadings or hangings in the village Circle ... times change. Whats acceptable changes

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mgh888
We are talking about the same film with the immortal line "hell, save the horses ... send in the N-word"..... i think times have changed. At one time entertainment for the masses was watching gladiators hack each other up, then it was watching beheadings or hangings in the village Circle ... times change. Whats acceptable changes

Have you ever watch blazing saddles? The black sherrif and his white side kick are the heros. It makes fun of racists and stereotypes.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell

Have you ever watch blazing saddles? The black sherrif and his white side kick are the heros. It makes fun of racists and stereotypes.

Partly written by Richard Pryor (& Mel Brooks).
He was going to star in Clevon Little's role until his little Sunset Blvd incident prevented that.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I was listening to a podcast recently, I think it was one Ben Shapiro put out which was basically a montage of interviews he's done with various comedians... this topic came up and one of them mentioned that some comedy does find itself locked in to its own time period. I think context is everything to the punchline in a joke. Sometimes the context changes and the joke just doesn't work anymore.

I don't think we should be banning such things or making them impossible to access though. That to me is the equivalent to book burning.

What I find more disturbing is what I learned at a parent teacher meeting last year. Our school district has decided to phase out a number of reading materials from the high school English curriculum. They will no longer be covering Shakespeare (which I wasn't too upset about... I've always questioned the value of putting the kids through something like that. I think they spend more time trying to decipher the language than they do absorbing what the language is saying). But what really shocked me was that they are no longer including To Kill a Mockingbird.

I suppose I get that maybe they feel the students are too sensitive to be exposed to the N-word in print... but if thats the case, seems to me that the reasonable solution is to print an edition where the bad words are edited out.

Its unfortunate.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Yes I have watched it. Hence knowing the quote. I thought the film was funny as hell. That doesn't mean it is "art that cannot ever be altered" ... broadcasters are companies that decide what they want to put out on their platform and they decide how they want to censor or otherwise material. It's not some political conspiracy.

Last edited by mgh888; 08/16/20 08:26 AM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't think "we are" changing anything. I think those who have paid for the legal right to do so are changing them.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Yes I have watched it. Hence knowing the quote. I thought the film was funny as hell. That doesn't mean it is "art that cannot ever be altered" ... broadcasters are companies that decide what they want to put out on their platform and they decide how they want to censor or otherwise material. It's not some political conspiracy.

So, you need a primer before the movie to tell you what's funny or not, or to tell you how to feel about the content?

M
Legend
Legend
M
That isn't what I said. Gaslighting and strawman arguments are your specialty.

Write to HBO - they can let you know why they took that decision. Thanks thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Breitbart: the modern bastion of all things twisted.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
That isn't what I said. Gaslighting and strawman arguments are your specialty.

Write to HBO - they can let you know why they took that decision. Thanks thumbsup

I know why they made the decision. To keep the pc crowd off their backs, and to push that racial narrative.

P
Legend
Legend
P
How is taking something some consider racist OUT of a movie pushing a racial narrative? It seems to me you're anti business. When someone pays for the right to edit content, that's their right as a business. I guess a business should no longer have that right because you don't like it.

It sounds like you have your own version as to what PC is and you want everyone to toe the line.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I've stopped trying to figure out the motivation of GOPer posters. Nothing they say or do makes any sense to sane people.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
As I always say, they make it ridiculously easy to ruthlessly mock them.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Here come the censors

Link Copied to Clipboard