Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Woah! I actually came here to start a Tyler Childers thread. Nobody has responded to this and I need to help spread the WORD.

Tyler Childers, of Eastern KY, is THE best thing going on in country today, although that isn't saying much at all these days. My opinion, obviously. I like to consider his music "Americana" because there is so much folk, rock, and bluegrass mixed in with his sound, but he HATES that term. You gotta call him country.

If you like REAL country, I practically beg you to listen to his album, "Purgatory", in its entirety.

The follow up, "Country Squire", is good but not nearly as good as "Purgatory", in my book.

This new one, "Long Violent History", was special in that it was unannounced and ends with a powerful message on civil unrest (I'm sure that gets a big pass from many on here) but he admits that the traditional numbers leading up to it are just him showing his very rudimentary fiddle skills.

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
I've got a soft spot for modern authentic country music. Childers, Sturgill Simpson, Sarah Shooks, Colter Wall, Jason Isbell, Dalton Domino, Miranda Lambert, Cody Jinks, and any other country musician that work with Brent Cobb all get regular playtime from me.

I wish they played this stuff on the radio rather than the pop music that features hammed up accents, clap tracks, and a little bit of banjo over a rock drum beat.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Tyler Childers

Link Copied to Clipboard