Next Thread
Print Thread
#1799368 09/30/20 11:00 PM
T
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
T
Soooo....first off...it's been awhile since I had last spent anytime on here...so nice to see the place is still here with a lot of the same people...good to see you all, I hope all has been well...I've been busy with life...work, play, etc...mostly pretty tame...though my younger brother has been putting me to shame with his adventures....two years ago he hiked the Appalachian Trail, beginning in Georgia and going straight though to Maine...then last year he hiked the south island of New Zealand before returning to the states and hiking the Pacific Crest? Trail from the Mexico border through California, Oregon, and Washington state into Canada...and he's leaving in April to tackle the Continental Divide trail beginning in New Mexico and going up through the center of the country into Canada...he's literally walked thousands of miles the past couple years...with his next hike he'll be a triple crowner having hiked the big three here in the states...wish him luck and keep him in your prayers that he'll stay healthy and safe on his next journey....

But anyways, enough about my boring life and my brother crushing me at adventuring...

I wanted to ask if anyone has watched this movie on Netflix, The Social Dilemma. I just watched it the other night, and even though I found it absolutely terrifying, I have to tell nearly everyone I know that that need to watch it...

Basically, it wasn't necessarily anything mind blowing, but it certainly elaborated on a lot of thoughts I had had already... it's a docu-drama that interviews many people from the tech industry and splices it in with a fictionalized family to illustrate some of the points that they make...and after watching it, I'm pretty confident in saying that at some level, we are all being manipulated by our screens...and the societal devastation that can be wrought by certain by bad actors was really eye opening...

I don't want to spoil it by getting into the details; but if you haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favor and give up an hour or so of your day and watch this film. And it will definitely give you a big kick in the pants as far as how our world view is being slowly, and systemically altered by massive supercomputers, and multibillion dollar companies....

If you've already seen it, I'd like to hear your take on it...if not, watch it and get back to me...

Always wearing orange and Brown on my sleeve...derden...

I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch......
Legend
Legend
"If you aren't paying for the product, then you are the product."

Yeah, that about says it all for our online worlds.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
R
Legend
Legend
R
After a friend told me about this, it's on my to do list.

He summarized it for me and I immediately thought of this board as a great example of the premise. Especially the more vocal brainwashed crowd on here.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... "The Social Dilemma"

Link Copied to Clipboard