Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I did this thread at the quarter mark. I'll do this one and then again after 12 games. I will go w/pretty much the same format as before, but might add a category or two.

Browns MVP: I went w/Myles the first time and I still have him as our MVP.

Brown's Most Improved: Teller the first time and I still have him there even though he has missed games.

Brown's Biggest Disappointment: I'll stick w/this....Greedy Williams. Sucks that he can't see the field.

League MVP: I said Rodgers or Wilson at the quarter mark. Now, I think Wilson has a clear advantage. Watch out for Mahomes, though.

League Most Improved: I said Teller last time w/a question mark. At the halfway point, I am going to say Mike Davis, the Carolina RB. He was released by the Bears last November after having 27 yards rushing. He's been very productive for the Panthers this year in McCaffrey's absence.

League Biggest Disappointment: I will stick w/this one. Carson Wentz. He's not seeing the field well.

Rookie of the Year: Went w/Justin Jefferson last time. Changing to Joe Burrow now. This guy is the real deal!

Adding Comeback Player of the Year: Swish made me think of this one. Has to be Big Ben.

Top 5 Teams:

1. KC remains at #1
2. Seattle moves from 3rd to 2
3. Pittsburgh was not in the top 5. 3rd now.
4. Tampa Bay was not in top 5. They are now.
5. Baltimore slips to 5th.

Bottom 5 Teams:

28. Houston
29. Washington is a mess
30. Dallas drops into this group
31. Giants are unchanged
32. Jets still the worst

O
Legend
Legend
O
I hesitate to stick greedy at biggest disappointment. From the little we've heard, it sounds like a freak thing with his shoulder issue lingering. I think Njoku or Ogunjobi might be better candidates (just my feeling on keeping Greedy out of that spot).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Browns MVP: Gotta be Myles ... he’s impacted every win tremendously
Browns MIP: Teller would be my first inclination as well
Browns Biggest Disappointment: I’ll say Larry O. He’s getting manhandled. We have a sieve at DT.
League MVP: Russell Wilson
League MIP: Ryan Tannehill
League Biggest Disappointment: Carson Wentz
Rookie of the Year: Justin Herbert looks legit
Comeback Player: Big Ben
Top 5 Teams: Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Baltimore
Worst 5 Teams: NY Jets, Jacksonville, Washington, Dallas, NY Giants

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I think you are right about Jax instead of Houston. I forgot about them.

All Pro
All Pro
Browns MVP: Pretty sure Myles wins by...errr...nah, too easy

Browns MIP: Teller right now, but he's been out too many games to know if it will sustain

Browns Biggest Disappointment: Sendejo or Larry O. Since Sendejo is a one-play rental and Larry was "suppose" to be a possible young core guy, I'll lean toward Larry

League MVP: Undecided. Probably still going to be between Russell and Mahommes

League MIP: No opinion. Too many guys to sift through and I'm lazy

League Biggest Disappointment: The Allas Cowboys...yes, the whole team

Rookie of the Year: Joe Burrow. Cinci can't win in the AFC North but they are a fluke game in week one and a crazy Colts comeback away from being undefeated outside of this division. Herbert's putting up stats but he's only beat the Jags...the Jags.

Comeback Player: Roethlisberger unless Alex Smith shocks the Football Team and takes over in the 2nd half

Top 5 Teams: Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Baltimore

Worst 5 Teams: The entire NFC East and the Jets. In truth the Jags are probably worse than the Eagles but I'm still salty about having to watch an "NFC East" showdown on primetime...wtf?

Speaking of the NFC East...they are now 2-16-1 outside of their own division
The Bengals are 2-2-1 outside of the AFC North. (for the Joe Burrow reference above)

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
O
Legend
Legend
O
That's a good point... I like Smith for comeback player just based on his timeline (and my bias against Big Ben).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
I agree with your OP, but I must double down and say Big Ben has got to be in the mix for MVP

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
That's a good point... I like Smith for comeback player just based on his timeline (and my bias against Big Ben).
yeah from a sentimental standpoint, Smith could get it. From a production standpoint obviously Ben would

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
S
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
S
As great as Myles has been, I think one of the major strides he has made is cleaning up the penalties. I don't get every game, but he only has 4 penalties on the season. He has no roughing the passer, unsportsmanlike conduct, unnecessary roughness and no personal fouls. He only has 2 offsides, and 2 other (whatever those are?) So that's a great improvement and one of the reasons he is now an elite rusher.

O
Legend
Legend
O
He's definitely done something to address the offsides penalties he was getting on the regular earlier in his career.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
He has. And he still seems to get off very quickly, so quickly that a few offsides here and there are a pretty small trade-off.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Browns MVP: Myles, easy
Browns MIP: Teller, easy
Browns Biggest Disappointment: Olivier Vernon. He had the 2 sacks in the Raiders game so I did hesitate a moment, but overall for his contract, what we expected vs what he's offering gotta go with OV.
League MVP: Patrick Mahomes (Russ will probably win it cuz of stats, but Mahomes will defeat him in the SB)
League MIP: Ryan Tannehill (stole this from Dawgs4Life, great pick)
League Biggest Disappointment: Cam Newton (granted he had Covid, but still can't throw the ball very well)
Rookie of the Year: Joe Burrow, easy, I don't want it to be him, but it is.
Comeback Player: Big Ben, ugh, same as above.
Top 5 Teams: Kansas City, Pittsburgh Seattle, Green Bay, Buffalo
Worst 5 Teams: No wiggle room here really, they're all in tank mode: NY Jets, Jacksonville, Washington, Dallas, NY Giants

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: FATE
He has. And he still seems to get off very quickly, so quickly that a few offsides here and there are a pretty small trade-off.

Not to mention if he played for the Steelers like TJ Watt they wouldn't call them as often.

Legend
Legend
Solid list. I can agree with most of these.

Who might you change depending on second half of season? naughtydevil rolleyesdevil

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Half Way Point Grades/Power Rankings/Etc

Link Copied to Clipboard