Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
The president, regardless who it is, doesn’t have the power to implement a national lockdown. As somebody who voted for Obama, I’ve definitely had a change of heart and will vote red for the unforeseeable future. I feel so fortunate to live in Ohio and not in NY, or California. Where the Democratic leadership has demonstrated their yearning for power and tyranny.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wfmynew...46-3448d8921b33

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: RememberMuni
The president, regardless who it is, doesn’t have the power to implement a national lockdown. As somebody who voted for Obama, I’ve definitely had a change of heart and will vote red for the unforeseeable future. I feel so fortunate to live in Ohio and not in NY, or California. Where the Democratic leadership has demonstrated their yearning for power and tyranny.

Is Biden attempting to lock down the country? Or should we have a series of threads about what Biden doesn't have the power to do and doesn't plan to do?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Whether he plans to or not, he can’t!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
soo trump was lying?

Joe Thomas #73
M
Legend
Legend
M
There is an extraordinary long list of things that Biden can't do.

Let's start at a and begin a new thread for every single one we can name, it'll be fun.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C

Lol

J
Legend
Legend
J
What an odd thread. Really. Some of you need another hobby, and a touch of reality.

O
Legend
Legend
O

I'm counting the days until we clear the statehouse of the red dolts and install a properly educated blue government that can talk in complete sentences without invoking conspiracy theories and acting like victimized idiots. Also, I hope Biden takes all y'alls guns.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You have spent too much time in the right wing loony bin and need oxygen for your brain.

Obviously, Biden can’t shut things down. These are public Heath issues, and the virus is all around us. I am now dealing with 84 year old in-laws with COVID-19 and a quarantined employee. Hospitals are filled, and given their age, they may not be high on the list if things get worse.

It is not left or right, it is common sense. Dumb Donald made this a political fight, now we have half the country in denial and spreading the virus.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Biden can't make you eat your brussel sprouts.
He can't stop you from walking naked 'round the house.
Biden can't order you to brush your teeth.
He can't prevent you from hanging a Christmas wreath.

There are so many things that Biden cannot do
Let's enumerate them, one and two

~Lyuokdea
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Hey OP, Biden said a month ago that he won't lockdown the country.

Watch your sources and chain emails. Don't fall into the QAnon trap.

Legend
Legend
Boo Hoo. You can lower your pitiful trump flags to half staff now.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
B
Legend
Legend
B
JC

The reality is the President does have the authority. They can declare martial law, but I agree that is pretty extreme and this crisis probably doesn't rise to the level allowing the President to do so..

That would cause untold problems. It's far easier for states to impose such law.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
The sad reality of the situation is that if there ever were a time in which it would be useful for a president to have such power, it would be now. However you are correct that no president does have that power without imposing martial law as Peen pointed out.

If we didn't have so many morons who refuse to do the right thing it wouldn't be needed. It wouldn't be an issue. The fact that you call measures that governors are taking to help reduce hospitals from being overran and help keep the death count lower, "yearning for power and tyranny" speak volumes about what the hell is wrong with people.

People with that mindset will cause the death count to rise and more strain on our hospitals and medical personnel. I feel so sorry for them that people like you actually have a voice in any of this.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This just in:

Biden doesn't have the power to mandate that people stop picking their noses.
In related news, Day 1 in office he intends to sign an Executive Order prohibiting farting in public.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
JC

The reality is the President does have the authority. They can declare martial law, but I agree that is pretty extreme and this crisis probably doesn't rise to the level allowing the President to do so..

That would cause untold problems. It's far easier for states to impose such law.

States? Why? So armed thugs can surround and intimidate the homes of public officials at that level? smh

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

O
Legend
Legend
O
rofl

You keep posting NGO lies, I'll keep laughing at you.

Legend
Legend
JC

Exactly as I thought,, so can you tell me why Trump said he could lock down the country but didn't want to?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Jester
This just in:

Biden doesn't have the power to mandate that people stop picking their noses.
In related news, Day 1 in office he intends to sign an Executive Order prohibiting farting in public.

Oh HELL NO

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
JC

States? Why? So armed thugs can surround and intimidate the homes of public officials at that level? smh

Have a honest conversation or don't address me..thanks.

Just to reply to your question, it's hard for me to take your comments about armed thugs seriously. It didn't seem to be a problem a month or so back.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
It did for a lot of us and it did for Biden. I know I was calling those who were breaking the law during the protests to be arrested and tried. So was Biden

I am against looting and destruction of property. People worked hard to build a business and it's their life. I'm also against people using firearms as weapons of intimidation.

This isn't an either or proposition for rational people.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
JC

Have a honest conversation or don't address me..thanks.

Just to reply to your question, it's hard for me to take your comments about armed thugs seriously. It didn't seem to be a problem a month or so back.

I was very much against the Rittenhouse kid being treated like a hero. I said if they are breaking the law they should be arrested and never once defended looting. But I did defend the antifa blaming when all indications had provocateurs from the right inciting those riots and looting. I believe you remain to this day silent about that.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Biden doesn’t have the power to lock down the country.

Link Copied to Clipboard