Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I was really angry with the drops and lack of playmaking from the TEs. Bryant is so unreliable and seems so lost at times. Deer in headlights look

I know rookie TEs have a hard time translating, but man does Bryant remind me of Devalve...plays with short arms, appears lost and stiff, and ball security issues...Hopefully he can put in a lot of work next year, and come out a better TE.

I think Bryant is over compensating for his earlier fumbling issues. AS soon as he turns upfield he puts both arms over the ball which significantly hampers your ability to open it up and run. He doesn't seem to be playing very confidently to me.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847

I think Bryant is over compensating for his earlier fumbling issues. AS soon as he turns upfield he puts both arms over the ball which significantly hampers your ability to open it up and run.

That may very well be. Would you rather he fumbled?

Quick story: H.S. scrimmage. 32 pop pass. QB gets the snap, fakes to the fullback in the 2 hole, then fires to the tight end that released. I was the tight end.

Caught the ball and started running, making cuts, etc. Ball in 1 arm. Tackled from the side after a 22-23 yard gain. Before I could stand up my coach was standing over me screaming!!! "You're not a running back, you're a tight end. Catch the ball and use both arms/hands. You just cost us a possession."

It was rather loud.

I scored many td's as a jr. and sr. I had many catches. Never once, after that, did I fumble.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

I think Bryant is over compensating for his earlier fumbling issues. AS soon as he turns upfield he puts both arms over the ball which significantly hampers your ability to open it up and run.

That may very well be. Would you rather he fumbled?

And I think that is the question. Drafting him was an opportunity to add talent, not a need. I get that if he's on the field there are expectations, but if we're worried about who we can rely on, Hooper and Njoku are ahead of him on that list.

Personally if he's more worried about not coughing up the ball than he is trying to make a big play, I'm fine with it. I do expect to see a more confidence out of him next season though.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I was really angry with the drops and lack of playmaking from the TEs. Bryant is so unreliable and seems so lost at times. Deer in headlights look

I know rookie TEs have a hard time translating, but man does Bryant remind me of Devalve...plays with short arms, appears lost and stiff, and ball security issues...Hopefully he can put in a lot of work next year, and come out a better TE.

I think Bryant is over compensating for his earlier fumbling issues. AS soon as he turns upfield he puts both arms over the ball which significantly hampers your ability to open it up and run. He doesn't seem to be playing very confidently to me.

Good observation, could very well be true.

R
Legend
Legend
R

It's 100% true and obvious in his play. I don't care about him wrapping up and getting less yards playing less "free". Drops, however, are killers. More likely than not, we wouldn't have even had to QB sneak on 4th down yesterday had he caught the pass on first down.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

It's 100% true and obvious in his play. I don't care about him wrapping up and getting less yards playing less "free". Drops, however, are killers. More likely than not, we wouldn't have even had to QB sneak on 4th down yesterday had he caught the pass on first down.
exactly .. his drop on 1st down was enormous. Just inexcusable

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The Browns are off to the playoffs for the first time in 18 years and their path back to them next season is now set.

Here are the teams that will appear on Cleveland’s schedule in 2021.

Home: Ravens, Steelers, Bengals, Broncos, Raiders, Patriots, Lions and Bears

Away: Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Los Angeles Chargers, Kansas City, Houston, Green Bay and Minnesota

As for the 2021 NFL Draft, which Cleveland is scheduled to host in late April, the Browns’ position will be determined following their exit from the playoffs.

https://www.radio.com/923thefan/sports/cleveland-browns/browns-2021-opponents-set-draft-position-to-be-determined?json%3Futm_campaign=sharebutton&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=WKRKFM

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 01/04/21 10:03 AM.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Those away games look tough (never know about other teams until at least the season kicks off, though). Patriots will also be much better (they get basically their whole defense back).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
At KC and At GB will both be prime time and/or 4:25 kickoffs

At LAC will be a 4:25 kickoff

I also think we’ll have a prime time game vs Pitt and vs Balt

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
It's 11:47am on the 4th of January, the day after the regular season has ended and we don't know which pick the Browns have in The Draft!!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
It's 11:47am on the 4th of January, the day after the regular season has ended and we don't know which pick the Browns have in The Draft!!
it’s so crazy

C
Legend
Legend
C

Legend
Legend

Scott Petrak ct
@ScottPetrak
#Browns coach Kevin Stefanski on RB rotation Sunday: We wanted to make sure we had fresh guys this week

M
Legend
Legend
M
Shocking. Another Vernon injury.

Tackles are tackles.
T
Legend
Legend
T

Still season ongoing people!

It's January 4th. (and Jimmy Haslem has yet to fire any Coach, Gm, Coordinator, or waive a quarterback. grin)

Now! Beating Pittsburgh! One! shoelace! at a time!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Anybody can have a drop! (Landry too)

Bryant is a good player, Browns need to bring back all 4 TE's for continued success next year. Maybe get +1 to challenge Carlson or ?

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

#gmSTRONG
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Anybody can have a drop! (Landry too)

Bryant is a good player, Browns need to bring back all 4 TE's for continued success next year. Maybe get +1 to challenge Carlson or ?

Njoku made a strong late season effort.

Legend
Legend
I have no idea who those guys are, but apparently Olumba was on our roster in training camp?

Both are bigger, taller CBs. Maybe this is a sign we're a little worried about jump balls to Claypool.

Browns is the Browns

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Now THAT is freaking priceless :lol:

Browns is the Browns

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

The Cleveland Browns have signed CB Brian Allen to the active roster from the Bengals' practice squad.

Allen is 6-3, 200 pounds and in his third NFL season out of Utah. Originally a fifth-round pick by the Steelers in 2017, he has appeared in 17 career games between Pittsburgh (2017-18) and San Francisco (2020). Allen appeared in one game this season with San Francisco and also spent time on the 49ers and Bengals practice squads. Allen is a native of La Marque, Texas.

#gmSTRONG
All Pro
All Pro
Ruptured Achilles is what 4-6 months for usable recovery and/or 7-12 months for full range recovery?

I guess Vernon's price tag just dropped. Long injury recovery, down cap year and now over 30. Tough break.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
Legend
Legend
It's a year to be back... he's going to miss most of next season, unless he comes back too soon. His time in CLE is over, unfortunately... maybe his career, period.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Lol thats so great

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Notes: Reinforcements needed in secondary, but Kevin Stefanski mum on return of guys on COVID-19 reserve list
https://www.brownszone.com/2021/01/04/no...9-reserve-list/

The Browns allowed 317 yards passing to the Steelers on Sunday, including three receptions of more than 40 yards. And quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had the day off.
The Browns would benefit from the return of No. 1 cornerback Denzel Ward, nickelback Kevin Johnson and free safety Andrew Sendejo — three of the top five defensive backs — for the playoff rematch in Pittsburgh on Sunday night, but there’s no guarantee they’ll be activated in time off the COVID-19 reserve list.
“With all of those guys on that COVID list, I can’t really get into specifics,” coach Kevin Stefanski said Monday. “I will just tell you that we will work through all of that, we will follow the protocols and see where they lead.”
Linebackers B.J. Goodson and Malcolm Smith and rookie tight end Harrison Bryant are also on the list after testing positive.
NFL protocols state a player who tests positive but never exhibits symptoms must isolate for 10 days beginning with the day the sample was collected. The requirements are stricter for a player who experiences symptoms, including isolating for 10 days after first reporting them, not having a fever for at least 24 hours and an improvement in other symptoms. Any return must be approved by the team’s physician with consultation from the NFL’s chief medical officer and the Infection Control for Sports.
Sendejo tested positive Tuesday and Ward on Thursday, so they would be eligible to return in time for the game if they were asymptomatic. Johnson went on the list Saturday night. If he tested positive, he’s out for Sunday. If he was a close contact, he could return if he continued to test negative.
With Ward and Johnson out, Robert Jackson made his first NFL start in place of Ward on the outside and M.J. Stewart Jr. played in the slot. Stewart had an interception of Mason Rudolph but gave up the final touchdown after Jackson had allowed a deep completion.
“Put Robert out there and he had a couple of tough matchups, but by and large he was in position,” Stefanski said. “A couple of things that we can clean up, but all of those guys, I am proud of them for stepping up to the challenge.”

The Steelers make it tough on secondaries by going with three-receiver packages that feature JuJu Smith-Schuster, Chase Claypool and Diontae Johnson.
The Browns added an option Monday by signing cornerback Brian Allen (6-foot-3, 200 pounds) to the active roster off the Bengals practice squad. He was a fifth-round pick of the Steelers in 2017 out of the University of Utah. He’s played in 17 games.
Sheldrick Redwine started at free safety in place of Sendejo but was quickly replaced by Karl Joseph.
COACHES CORNER

The Browns were also without three assistant coaches due to COVID-19 protocols. Stefanski told NBC Sports’ Peter King that offensive line coach Bill Callahan and pass game coordinator/receivers coach Chad O’Shea were sick after testing positive last week. Assistant line coach Scott Peters was a close contact of Callahan.
The hope is they feel good enough to participate in virtual meetings until they’re cleared to return to practice or games.
“Feel confident that we can continue to work remotely, if you will, with the coaches,” Stefanski told reporters.
Callahan is a former head coach and has received a lot of credit for the run game and the improved performance of the line. Right tackle Jack Conklin said the veteran line can get by without Callahan at practice.
“I don’t think any of us are too worried about not having him there just because we are virtual everything now besides practice, so we are still going to get a whole lot of their technique and talking to us about the game plan and everything,” he said.
SAVE SOME FOR LATER

Stefanski was devoted to winning Sunday to ensure a playoff spot. But he acknowledged thinking about the prospect of playing the Steelers again in the first round of the playoffs.
“I knew that was a distinct possibility,” he said.
Running back Nick Chubb rushed 14 times for 108 yards and a touchdown and played only 27 of 62 offensive snaps. Kareem Hunt played 35 snaps, rushing 10 times for 37 yards.
“We are mindful of workload and mindful of getting that win and also understanding that we have another hopefully a few games coming up here,” Stefanski said. “Try to make sure it is the right balance of keeping both those guys fresh and getting the guy in there to get some work done.
“We feel like we want to make sure we have some fresh guys starting this week.”
The coaching staff has stressed all year the advantage of keeping both backs rested. It allows them to run hard whenever they’re in the game and wear down defenses with the 1-2 punch.
“My body is feeling good,” Hunt said. “Nick has been doing a great job of taking the load off me and I have been trying to take the load off him just as much. It is great.”
NICE GESTURE

Defensive end Myles Garrett approached Rudolph after the game and complimented him on his performance. It was the first time they’d talked since their infamous on-field altercation in 2019.
“It is big,” defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi said. “It speaks to his maturity and his character as a person. Never one time throughout the whole situation did I doubt the person Myles was. For him to kind of extend that arm out and kind of just squash it was big for everybody.”

CLEARING THE WAY

Hunt was the lead blocker on Baker Mayfield’s 3-yard keeper that sealed the victory, drilling the defender and driving him back.
“Kareem brought a ton of force,” Stefanski said.
“That is the thing about me: Whatever I can do to help the team win, I am going to do it,” Hunt said. “I knew Bake was going to be behind me so I was going to make sure my man was taken good care of so he can get the first down. It is just who wants it more. I really wanted to win that game.”
EXTRA POINTS

Rookie receiver Donovan Peoples-Jones sustained a concussion Sunday and is in the league’s protocol.
** The AFC North is the first division with three teams with at least 11 wins since realignment in 2002. The Browns finished third behind the Steelers (12-4) and Ravens (11-5), who swept the Browns.
** Stefanski said without Callahan center JC Tretter helped on the sideline like he always does but wasn’t a “Bill Russell player-coach.”

#gmSTRONG
All Pro
All Pro
Figures. 9 sacks in 8 games to hold the d-line together and probably have the best stretch of his career only to get injured before he can see the playoffs.

C'est la vie. DE is the position I really wanted to make sure we had secured before the draft. Other fish, I suppose.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
M
Legend
Legend
M
Now THAT is freaking priceless :lol:

Nahhh. Any reference to Cowherd, sound bites, answers, airplay ... any of it plays into his hands as a shock jock hack. Just ignore him, ignore what he says and what he posts on social media. I do and have and prefer it that way.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Well we have been working out cornerbacks. Everytime I try to screen shot it and put it on here it never work. It's on mary kay twitter. I'm assuming this means there is a good chance ward and Johnson will not play

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News & Notes:

Link Copied to Clipboard