Next Thread
Print Thread
#1843428 01/18/21 02:03 PM
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Take time today to think about a man who engaged in non-violent civil disobedience to help people obtain the civil rights they deserved.

Also take the time today to read about his anti-war and wealth redistribution efforts that typically gets left out of all discussion on Dr. King.

Legend
Legend
Well said Rocket

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
The saddest part to all of this is that sadly when looking around at our nation today, the comments he made back in the 1960's are no less relevant today than they were back then.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Here’s some good Twitter threads on MLK. Click on them to see the content.

And I’ll leave you with this quote that can’t ever be whitewashed:

J
Legend
Legend
J
I listened to a few speeches of his this evening. What an amazing man with a powerful message. I wish there had been a dozen more of him. But, apparently, he is a once in a lifetime.

Thank God, there was one of him.

Sadly, in the scheme of things, and the years that divide his crusade and now, not enough has changed.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Take time today to think about a man who engaged in non-violent civil disobedience to help people obtain the civil rights they deserved.

Also take the time today to read about his anti-war and wealth redistribution efforts that typically gets left out of all discussion on Dr. King.

I will do so.

I like his Happy birthday song. Did ya ever hear what David Cross had to say about, ehh some probably wouldn't like it.

I honestly don't understand why this country has to, well, I'll say that says more about the USA than the, than MLK.
Why our country hates so many people who live here, and the never ending pushing of this,
never-ever Gaul Dang! never ending of it.
Oh well.

I heard Canada's not that way, they appreciate each other up there, hmmph, maybe it's the "money" interests of the super rich trying to tear down the little guy by separating everybody, again, it really stinks

beause it would be so easy to be such a better country, yet they won't stop!

There is no other person in American History who gets a holiday on their calendar day.
Except Jesus, and Christmas +Easter.
No Founding Father or whatever gets a calendar day.

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Go away, 40.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Martin Luther King Jr. Day

Link Copied to Clipboard