Print Thread
#1847986 02/12/21 05:00 PM
M
mgh888 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Trump worst POTUS - EVER. New poll shows. Obama Best.

46% ....

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/538650-poll-finds-obama-named-best-us-president-trump-worst

Shame that "The Economist" is such a centrist media outlet ... otherwise Trump of Cult would simply try to attack the source. I am still sure that the Cancel Culture of Cult of Trump will try to dismiss and ignore.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
mgh888 #1848027 02/13/21 12:59 AM
T
Legend
Legend
T
Nobody can take away Obama had "the longest" rofl economic recovery in US history, his admin. took
27 years,s,s of steady increasing economic growth of
point. 0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-1 -percent- growth "SUSTAINED!"
From The Time he caused his "great depression" until the time he left office,

and for that, we have to hand it to him, so (a Pelosi Clap), to the first administrator
managing the decline of the United States, as a World Power.

mgh888 #1848028 02/13/21 01:09 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just a bit premature to declare this.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

mgh888 #1848029 02/13/21 03:53 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: mgh888

Shame that "The Economist" is such a centrist media outlet ...

Right!!

Media

The Economist Has Given Up On Liberalism
Even as The Economist drifts further and further into progressivism and away from the liberalism of its founding, it still claims to be liberalism’s true, authentic voice.

By Jeremy Lott

January 2, 2020

The Economist fashions itself a liberal magazine, in the original sense of the word. The weekly was founded in 1843 to argue against the corn laws, which discouraged food imports with tariffs and other restrictions and kept domestic food prices high. It chalked up the repeal of those laws only three years later to “a fearless reliance upon the truth and justice of a great principle”: liberalism.

Today we usually call the intellectual descendants of liberals “classical liberals” for clarity. Liberals like those who founded and supported The Economist in its earlier years believed in property rights, free trade, freedom of speech, religious toleration, and the emancipation of slaves. The original liberals’ idea of government was limited, usually sharply.

more at

https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/02/the-economist-has-given-up-on-liberalism/

The Economist media bias rating is Lean Left.

https://www.allsides.com/news-source/economist

M
mgh888 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
I don't think Obama was the best POTUS ever. And time won't change that. I do think Trump is the worst ever for sever reasons, not the least for destroying so many norms, fostering hate and division, and not partaking in the peaceful transition of power.

As for Obama's economy. I don't want to be mean or call names - but you need to be willfully stupid to blame the financial crash of 2008 on Obama. And you have to be willfully ignorant to acknowledge the economic recovery that Obama orchestrated.

M
mgh888 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: fishtheice

Shame that "The Economist" is such a centrist media outlet ...

Right!!

Media

The Economist Has Given Up On Liberalism
Even as The Economist drifts further and further into progressivism and away from the liberalism of its founding, it still claims to be liberalism’s true, authentic voice.

By Jeremy Lott

January 2, 2020

The Economist fashions itself a liberal magazine, in the original sense of the word. The weekly was founded in 1843 to argue against the corn laws, which discouraged food imports with tariffs and other restrictions and kept domestic food prices high. It chalked up the repeal of those laws only three years later to “a fearless reliance upon the truth and justice of a great principle”: liberalism.

Today we usually call the intellectual descendants of liberals “classical liberals” for clarity. Liberals like those who founded and supported The Economist in its earlier years believed in property rights, free trade, freedom of speech, religious toleration, and the emancipation of slaves. The original liberals’ idea of government was limited, usually sharply.

more at

https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/02/the-economist-has-given-up-on-liberalism/

The Economist media bias rating is Lean Left.

https://www.allsides.com/news-source/economist

And this might be the most unintentionally comedic post EVER.

A poster quoting the EXTREME Federalist in order to claim political bias by the centrist Economist. . . .Yes the Economist has a VERY SLIGHT lean left. But it is clearly in the CENTER of any media bias. The Federalist is over there to the RIGHT of Breitbart. rofl

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Nobody can take away Obama had "the longest" rofl economic recovery in US history, his admin. took
27 years,s,s of steady increasing economic growth of
point. 0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-1 -percent- growth "SUSTAINED!"
From The Time he caused his "great depression" until the time he left office,

and for that, we have to hand it to him, so (a Pelosi Clap), to the first administrator
managing the decline of the United States, as a World Power.

Where in the heck do you get your stats? Yikes

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
mgh888 #1848056 02/13/21 11:40 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
A record 75 straight months of job growth under Obama

https://money.cnn.com/2017/01/06/news/economy/december-jobs-report-2016/index.html

Trump loves to take credit for things he inherited.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Where in the heck do you get your stats? Yikes

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
mgh888 #1848139 02/13/21 09:04 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't think Obama was the best POTUS ever. And time won't change that. I do think Trump is the worst ever for sever reasons, not the least for destroying so many norms, fostering hate and division, and not partaking in the peaceful transition of power.

As for Obama's economy. I don't want to be mean or call names - but you need to be willfully stupid to blame the financial crash of 2008 on Obama. And you have to be willfully ignorant to acknowledge the economic recovery that Obama orchestrated.

I think you are missing my point. I think Trump was a crap show. I think Obama was effective, but certainly not a transformative President. You can save the top spots for the usual suspects that are on Mt Rushmore, and add FDR, possibly Reagan.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus It's Official

Link Copied to Clipboard