Next Thread
Print Thread
#1848658 02/17/21 06:05 PM
T
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
T
Didn't see a thread so I figured I start one. I'm kind of an egalitarian when it comes to the sport.

NASCARs current schedule has me intrigued... Between Making Bristol a Dirt track and having a couple more road courses Im far more invested into this season than any other. Seeing them race at COTA is gonna be fun.

I think there is some more fan crossover seeing how F1s gotten to be the Mercedes and Lewis Hamilton show. Should be interesting if anything changes with the several new rules coming here shortly.

Caught a bit of the rolex 24 hr... I think it's cool when you can get a mix of drivers from different disciplines in on a race.

With the advent of axing the NBC Sports network... Gotta feeling that Indy car will have more exposure. Actually liking this series quite a bit... A good mixture of vets and upandcomers... Ferrari also is still interested in making the manufacturer jump but not in the short term... New engine rules in 2022 seems to be the jump off.

The upstart Tony Stewart series looks interesting... They have really cool names signed on for it. And the car render they have for it looks pretty cool too IMO..

Legend
Legend
MacLaren may be a force in F1 this year. Hopefully Mercedes see more competition.

NASCAR is shaping up for a good year. New owners like Pit Bull and Michal Jordon makes the sport more diverse for sure.

Formula E is catching on more each year.

I’m really hoping Indy goes to Walkins Glenn this year. That track is so suited for INDY cars and they let them use all the track. No sausage curbs out of the corners so they brake later and go wide as possible. It’s a wild race there.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
T
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
T
Thought all 3 daytona road course races were lots of fun... though they totally didn't need that caution for the rainbow... kinda screwed Chase Elliot.

Ty GIbbbs winning the xfinity race though was cool

Hope McClaren does well, Lando's a cool dude. And possibly the future if he keeps it up.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Never liked auto racing they just always seem to turn left brownie

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
T
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
T
There's different styles per different car.. NASCAR is pretty notorious for being the "all left turn" sport... but they're branching out... they put 7 road courses on their schedule this year. Which I assume will be the norm going forward.

THere's also differnt styles of "all left turn" though that bring different excitement... Superspeedway tracks that are meant for balls out speed and they tend to be more in a pack... IN that case it's about being able to push and nudge and being good at slip streaming

THere is also short track racing which is about half a mile. and that tends to be more about being able to speed up and quickly slow down.

F1 have "open wheel" cars and is normall all designed tracks lots of left and right turns... (with like the exception of monaco which runs through the city)

INdycar has a lot of variety IMO, THey run ovals, they run designed tracks. they also run a couple courses through cities.

Then you have some smaller groups of racing that is fun....

IMSA, is endurance racing, instead of per lap, they run for a time limit nd there's several different "classes" of cars that all drive on the same track

Then there's V8 Supercars which is an austrailan based racing group. And they tend to drive closed wheel body framed muscle cars...

B
Legend
Legend
B
I like auto racing, but understand some don't.

It's like golf. Either you get it or you don't. I like both.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
I promised my wife and myself (but mostly my wife) that I wouldn't pick autocross back up until I had decided to quit hockey. Well... I stumbled on the facebook page for the local SCCA chapter here in Cinci and now I can't help but think how much fun it would be to put the wagon out there on the course.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Auto Racing 2021

Link Copied to Clipboard