Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R

P
Legend
Legend
P
I must say that I'm surprised by the facts they built their "golden idol" of trump and all of the nasty things and speakers at the CPAC convention that this would be your focus.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
dress for the job you want

Joe Thomas #73
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Interesting amount of silence in this thread.
Where’s fish, DawgDuty, and the other sympathizers to defend the use of Nazi iconography?

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Dude... they were rolling around a gold statue thing of a guy who lost an election and tried to commit a coup. You're really trying to wrap your brain around this event?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Too busy arguing with the centrist Dems on here and most likely spending any other free time reading Q drops to post the theories claiming “I DONT KNOW Q!!!!”

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Dude... they were rolling around a gold statue thing of a guy who lost an election and tried to commit a coup. You're really trying to wrap your brain around this event?

Not around the event really. I knew the insanity factor and general dog whistling has been ramped up massively over the past 4 years. The sycophant enablers usually are here trying to spin it. Yet crickets on this particular topic. It’s telling.

[Linked Image]
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
I think there’s a better chance of 40 returning than any of the Qultists here replying in this thread.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Ahhh 40. The human wound that’s finally healed. (By healed I mean disappeared, as a sickness that deep can’t actually be healed.)
Now there’s a poster I’ll never miss.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
The design company behind the stage at CPAC said they had 'no idea' it resembled Nazi insignia
Mia Jankowicz
Wed, March 3, 2021, 10:37 AM·2 min read
CPAC 2021 stage
Technicians work on the stage before the start of the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Orlando, Florida, February 25, 2021. REUTERS/Joe Skipper/File Photo
The company that designed the CPAC stage said it was unaware of the Nazi associations of the shape used.

Design Foundry said it was 'horrified' at accusations it was intentional.

The company said it provided several designs and said CPAC chose this one.

Visit the Business section of Insider for more stories.

The company that designed the CPAC stage said that it had "no idea" the shape had Nazi associations.

Design Foundry, a Maryland events design company hired to come up with the stage, told Insider in a statement that it "had no idea that the design resembled any symbol, nor was there any intention to create something that did."

Over the weekend, social media users noticed that the stage used by Donald Trump, Ted Cruz and others at the flagship conservative event in Florida closely resembled an Odal rune, albeit upside-down.

This shape, which is Nordic in origin and has been used in many non-extremist contexts, was used on the uniforms of the SS, the German Nazi Party's main paramilitary force.

Both the conference organisers and the design company have denied that the resemblance was deliberate.

Matt Schlapp, the organizer of the conference and chair of the American Conservative Union (ACU), said in a tweet that it was "outrageous and slanderous" to suggest a conspiracy around the design. "We have a long standing commitment to the Jewish community," he added.

On Wednesday, Design Foundry said in a statement seen by Insider that it was "saddened and horrified at the accusations that this was a deliberate act."

"Design Foundry denounces all hate speech and acts of racism, prejudice, or bigotry in all forms," the statement added.

The company also said that the stage was designed with the "best use of space" and social distancing in mind. It said that it had provided CPAC with several designs to choose from, in a process that involved ongoing feedback from the committee.

"What we ended up with was the most workable of the options they submitted," Ian Walters, director of communications for the ACU and CPAC, told the newspaper.

Saying ACU and CPAC had "no interest" in promoting antisemitism, Walters described the stage design as an "unwelcome distraction" and said that CPAC and ACU would not use the company again.

The company, which has designed stages and event settings for clients including Citibank, Target, and MSNBC, makes no mention of the 2020 CPAC design on its digital portfolio, although images of its design for 2016 CPAC can be seen here.

Responding to the controversy, Hyatt Hotels, which hosted the event at its Hyatt Regency, said Sunday it took the concerns "very seriously."

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/desi...FUW3Mgrkau63snm

https://dailycaller.com/2021/03/03/designer-cpac-stage-nazi-symbolism-liberal-design-foundry/

I think you are so willing to jump to conclusions that you fail to look at all the evidence.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I'm not a big believer in coincidence.. I think there is at least something to this.

Thing is, it's nothing illegal as far as I know. So what can you do about it other than point it out.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
I'm not a big believer in coincidence.. I think there is at least something to this.

Thing is, it's nothing illegal as far as I know. So what can you do about it other than point it out.

So you think a liberal company purposely put forward a anti Semitic symbol and a conservative organization jumped at the chance to use it??

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
The spectacle of the whole event sucked in every critical eye. When you're wheeling around a gold statue of Trump, you're going to have internet sleuths all up in your business.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
F
Legend
Legend
F
For me it ranks up there with a few stars in the sky looking like a bear. People see what they want to see.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
M
Legend
Legend
M
I am not of the opinion that the symbol was deliberate - but there is no denying that the stage is virtual an exact replica of the symbol. It's not like you have to squint or connect the dots to make it work - it's an exact duplicate.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
It's upside down so it must mean the opposite. smile

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Well, looks like we have Satan vs. the Supremecists. Live, on Pay-per-view. The undercard has Biden vs Sanders for the octogenerian lefty belt.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: jfanent

He’s wrong. It’s obviously a Star Trek reference.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Originally Posted By: jfanent

He’s wrong. It’s obviously a Star Trek reference.

So, I think we're all on the same page here (?).

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
I know - and a 'star' is such an uncommon shape. I know he's mocking the Nazi platform ... but come on, that's not even close.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: mgh888
I am not of the opinion that the symbol was deliberate - but there is no denying that the stage is virtual an exact replica of the symbol. It's not like you have to squint or connect the dots to make it work - it's an exact duplicate.

Maybe, but considering the view was not meant to be from above, and it was really just walkways aligned with the backdrops and screens, most likely set for optimal viewing of the room, I doubt it was intended to be anything but the most efficient design for it's purpose.

But as I said before, people will see what they want to see, as well as some will not see what they don't want to see.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I feel the answer here is pretty simple. Someone didn't think this through clearly. In today's world both sides look for any crack in the armor to try and read something into everything and exploit it.

As it stands, it seems as though Trump hasn't exactly dismissed Q or some of his most extreme supporters. As such the other side is searching for anything they can find to exploit that. The same thing is done by the right when searching for cracks in the armor of Democrats.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

So you think a liberal company purposely put forward a anti Semitic symbol and a conservative organization jumped at the chance to use it??

OK,, Sure,, I was trying to be kind, give the benefit of the doubt,, but when you put it that way, Yeah, the Republicans used an anti Semitic symbol..

It doesn't really matter who came up with it, it only matters who approved it's use and signed the check to pay for it.

It isn't without cause that anyone can believe that conservatives have made some really dumb moves,, they supported trump didn't they rofl

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: mgh888
I know - and a 'star' is such an uncommon shape. I know he's mocking the Nazi platform ... but come on, that's not even close.

Vote Democrat. They're less preposterous! thumbsup

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Convention Commemorating Failed US Putsch Has On-brand Stage For Attending White Supremacists

Link Copied to Clipboard