Next Thread
Print Thread
H
hitt Online OP
Dawg Talker
OP Online
Dawg Talker
H
Coach Ski is about work and competition. Special teams were not ranked very well last year. Additionally, our punter, who might have best nickname of all punters in NFL- Scottish Hammer, he regressed in performance. And by his skiing in shorts, shows he's young and having fun.....not an issue unless he doesn't perform. Are we bringing in ANYBODY to compete with him....GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
D
Legend
Legend
D
I think they'll probably bring in a camp leg to help out, but my guess is it's Gillan's job, barring some kind of injury. I do think we should bring in Chris Gardocki to coach the Hammer on flipping off the Steelers' bench.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dave
I think they'll probably bring in a camp leg to help out, but my guess is it's Gillan's job, barring some kind of injury. I do think we should bring in Chris Gardocki to coach the Hammer on flipping off the Steelers' bench.

That's my guess too. Someone will be brought in but it's the Hammer's job to lose. That being said, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never been all that impressed with Gillan's punt placement and accuracy; just his booming capability. Maybe it has improved from 2019 to 2020 and I didn't notice but if someone blows the team away in that regard and can get deep decently, who knows?

Tackles are tackles.
C
Legend
Legend
C
What does skiing have to with anything?

Punter is the second easiest position to replace on the team besides kicker. If Gillian stinks cut him and get someone new. If that person stinks do it again.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree, but I think it easier to replace a punter over a place kicker.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

The punter has to be the holder on kicks. Either way they can literally be replaced the same week of a game and you wouldn’t even notice the difference.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

The punter has to be the holder on kicks. Either way they can literally be replaced the same week of a game and you wouldn’t even notice the difference.

So if the punter gets hurt in a game, nobody can hold for extra points?

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D

I prefer that the holder role go to the backup QB to keep the possibility of a fake FG in play. Plus, I think that a QB holder puts a hitch in the edge rusher's giddy-up.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I'll be curious to see how he performs this year. I believe he punted much of last year with a groin injury.

Can't cut a guy that just had a beer created after him!

O
Legend
Legend
O
Hammer didn't hurt us last year that I can recall. I hope he spends his career here and gets in the HOF... mostly due to the nickname and his personality just fits this team.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dave

I prefer that the holder role go to the backup QB to keep the possibility of a fake FG in play. Plus, I think that a QB holder puts a hitch in the edge rusher's giddy-up.

Understandable but also unrealistic. Not one team uses their backup QB as the holder. QB reps are more valuable than special teams reps.

C
Legend
Legend
C

Nope. They have to drop kick. It’s a new rule this year.

B
Legend
Legend
B

Nope. They have to drop kick. It’s a new rule this year.

Haha....ok, back at'cha...Hammer can drop kick.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
In his bad year 22020 he is still better than most punters we have had. don't forget his placement holding the ball for the kicker is pretty darn good.

I'm sure we will bring in a camp leg to not have him over used and in a just in case situation regarding injury.

But the Hammer is entrenched here for a long time I'm sure we will get some big time kicks from him as his leg is stronger. I thought I read something that he had nagging little injuries last season.

Can't wait for some FOOTBALL!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
To be fair, if the biggest worry we have is an "average" punter then we are sitting in a really good spot.

Legend
Legend
Still legal. We would have been better off doing that with Hue more than once. naughtydevil

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
H
hitt Online OP
Dawg Talker
OP Online
Dawg Talker
H
Guess I missed him having nagging injuries. I looked at results and wasn't impressed compared to his first year. Coach Ski has a plan I'm sure. I don't want anyone complacent. Read we'll probably bring in a camp leg. Well, the Hammer was a camp leg two years ago. Hope he takes his job seriously.
Bottom line- No one is irreplaceable. NFL- NOT FOR LONG sure can apply- where is Johnny "Money" Manziel- duh, who cares.....GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
Legend
While there may be a competition for the punting job, I doubt that the extra leg will be nothing more than someone to kick to returners, so we can find the right person for that job.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Coach Priefer contacted me yesterday wanting me to be there for the start of camp.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
As an observer? wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
As an observer? wink

He didn't say. He just said I needed to be stretched out. He doesn't want me pulling a muscle getting out of the car.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Stretched out? saywhat

Make sure they don't intend to use you as a tackling dummy!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: eotab
In his bad year 22020 he is still better than most punters we have had.

I'm not sure how the game of football will look by 22020.
I'm hoping by the year 2250-2300, we'll have a pulsating in size football that contracts to the size of a TP roll, and then expands to normal size, in succession like a heartbeat, to keep up with the robotics of subhuman anatomy, how that will affect punting I don't know.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

I'm hoping by the year 2250-2300, we'll have a pulsating in size football that contracts to the size of a TP roll, and then expands to normal size, in succession like a heartbeat, to keep up with the robotics of subhuman anatomy, how that will affect punting I don't know.

You could have done so much with that opportunity. You blew it.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
H
hitt Online OP
Dawg Talker
OP Online
Dawg Talker
H
Agree, punter "probably" is easier- there are so few jobs and lots of applicants. I hope our Cannon uses his brain cells and doesn't get hurt skiing in shorts- some people do that but not many...he's young and a free spirit...cool, but he's punting for our city and I want him available and more than adequate. As a poster stated I wonder if he's working at his craft enough- angled punts, etc. Don't want any FAT CATS....GO Browns!!!

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

You could have done so much with that opportunity. You blew it.

Well #&*%in Have at it!

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Team competition- who's competing at Punter

Link Copied to Clipboard