Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
I can stop reading this thread right now.

4 paragraphs that render every counter-argument null.

Excellent post.
Thank you.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
O
Legend
Legend
O
Funny thing about those people who whine about being called racist, when you get them talking, they often prove themselves exactly that.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Funny thing about those people who whine about being called racist, when you get them talking, they often prove themselves exactly that.

I think many complain because being racist is a fairly normal human condition. I think that everybody is racist. I think that is how the world became segregated in the first place.

If you notice that a person is black, white, or anything else, you are identifying that person by race, and we all do that.

The problem is bigotry. I have to admit I am a bigot. I don't like ass orifices.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

Just curious.

How did the world become segregated in the first place?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
There is only 1 place that racism does not exist and that is at the foot of a Cross. All people of all colors are made in God's image. If we seen each other as an image of God there would be no hate and division.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Just curious.

The world has been segregated by race, religion, nationality, social status, wealth status, gender, physical appearance, etc since the beginning of man.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend

Really?

Since the beginning of man?

How so?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan

Just curious.

The world has been segregated by race, religion, nationality, social status, wealth status, gender, physical appearance, etc since the beginning of man.

Everything is true except race.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

Modern man homo sapien spread across contininents.

"Since the beginning of man?"

Not trying to be difficult. My major in college was Evolutionary Anthropology.

There is more to this tale. Blanket statements do not cover the history of man.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
The problem is bigotry. I have to admit I am a bigot. I don't like ass orifices.

Bigotry is hating those that do just because you don't. Just like everything else, if you don't like it, don't participate. That isn't bigotry.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Modern man homo sapien spread across contininents.

"Since the beginning of man?"

Not trying to be difficult. My major in college was Evolutionary Anthropology.

There is more to this tale. Blanket statements do not cover the history of man.

please be difficult. and i mean that in the most respectful way possible because this is a great topic to discuss. so i hope you and i can go back and forth on this.

human beings have built-in tribalism in our genetics. now, that tribalism doesn't mean racism, seeing as we're are the same race/species.

but we are very much social creatures. just because lions are the same doesn't mean a pride will get along with another pride. a pack of wolves isn't gonna get along with another pack of wolves. territory, hunting areas, and things like that come into play.

for human beings, there's added dynamics due to "consciousness" or intelligence, however we choose to label that. that's where things like language, religion, cultural norms come into play.

if we look at how societies are structured around the world, you see very little difference in behaviors between a tribe in the amazon and america with social media.

the moment we became "Aware" or conscious of our environment is the what separates us from the rest of the animal kingdom. basically, things changed when we became aware of our inherit expiration date. thats a big reason as to why religion became prominent in human society.

the power structure and dynamics that we have in human society is no different than any pack/herd animals. alpha/beta, roles within the tribe, etc.

but the more complex our societies became, the more things like status and wealth came into play.

as far as physical appearance and such, that has absolutely
been a thing. women always choose the strongest man in the group, or the leader of the tribe based on reproduction and such. we see that even today. an nfl athlete is gonna have far more choices of desirable women over than average man.

a tribal leader is gonna have more choices with regards to women than a normal worker.

hierarchies are literally embedded into practically every mammal.

race, on the other hand, is something relatively new when we're talking human history.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Swish

human beings have built-in tribalism in our genetics. now, that tribalism doesn't mean racism, seeing as we're are the same race/species.

You don't think so? Race can be the most obvious (visual) difference between people. Plus differences in physical appearance often go hand-in-hand with cultural/behavioral differences definitely can contribute to racism.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

You don't think so? Race can be the most obvious (visual) difference between people. Plus differences in physical appearance often go hand-in-hand with cultural/behavioral differences definitely can contribute to racism.

i dont agree with that. trying to contribute someones skin tone with personality or characteristic traits isn't a real thing.

if that was the case, than a white guy from portland would act exactly the same as a white guy from rural alabama. a black guy from NYC would act the same way as a rural black guy from mississippi.

just because its the most obvious(read: easiest) way for somebody to try to separate themselves from one another doesn't mean racism is genetic.

just look at european history. they were at war with each other so much, you could consider war their favorite past time. that was nothing but white people killing other white people. go tell a white guy from France that he's the same as a white guy from Germany, and be happy you don't speak french while he's cussing you out.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

I will have to get back to you on this.

I am busy. It is very complex.

Pre-history and the time that most think of as history.

Are way different.

O
Legend
Legend
O
You're arguing the inverse of what I'm saying, though. Just because people of the same race and different surrounding are different doesn't disprove the opposite.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B

Just curious.

I guess people of one sub species were born in various parts of the world.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
You're arguing the inverse of what I'm saying, though. Just because people of the same race and different surrounding are different doesn't disprove the opposite.

sure it does. what you're talking about is called implicit bias.

im arguing that its learnt behavior. tribalism and racism aren't the same thing.

but if you're implying that somehow your race determines how you behave, i dont agree whatsoever.

- Theodore Roosevelt
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Bigotry is hating those that do just because you don't. Just like everything else, if you don't like it, don't participate. That isn't bigotry.

true....my wording wasn't very good. Bigotry is holding something against a group simply because they are a member of that group.

There are several ass orifices I like, so I guess I am not a bigot. thumbsup

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
F
Legend
Legend
F

Really?

Since the beginning of man?

How so?

When there was a single man all by himself no, but pretty much from the beginning, mankind would separate themselves into tribes as Swish said.

Is that not the definition of segregation?
noun
the action or state of setting someone or something apart from other people or things or being set apart.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend

Are way different.

please do bro. you have studied this so id like to know the evolution of our society and structures. convos like this is what i enjoy the most.

Oob i hope i didnt scare you off because i was liking how the convo was developing.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O

Just curious.

Oh yeah? Tower of Babel. It's GOD'S WILL! Racism is instinctual. We all come from tribes!

rolleyes I don't know how you, pit, and several others on the left come in here and argue this crap day after day with the usual suspects.

P
Legend
Legend
P
This forum is for entertainment purposes only.

Thus far no human has actually been physically harmed by participating in this forum.

Everything needs a disclaimer these days. wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

Just curious.

Oh yeah? Tower of Babel. It's GOD'S WILL! Racism is instinctual. We all come from tribes!

rolleyes I don't know how you, pit, and several others on the left come in here and argue this crap day after day with the usual suspects.

wait til i start arguing with the dudes on twitch and discord. dudes be talking about ethno states

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
smdh

O
Legend
Legend
O

Are way different.

please do bro. you have studied this so id like to know the evolution of our society and structures. convos like this is what i enjoy the most.

Oob i hope i didnt scare you off because i was liking how the convo was developing.
Not at all! I am actually really busy with work this month and last. I've been up until midnight or later most of this week and last and I've had the little guy at home, so I come here in bursts to take quick breaks in between tasks. Otherwise I'd go nuts.

Plus I need to up my game for my next response.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

It would be interesting to have a vocal discussion.

We are talking textbooks.

Approximately 500,000 years ago modern man homo sapien appeared out of Africa.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-n...iens-180976807/

Speculation about prehistory is small bands of people were hunting and gathering nomads. Very dependent upon each other to survive. Race as we think of it today did not exist. There were also other hominids in existence. Neanderthal, Denisovans and there have been new discoveries of others.

Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History in Germany has the most current data.

It is a fascinating topic. And there is still much learn.
New discoveries this year.

Cultures around the world differ in many ways. There really are no generalizations that apply to all.

This is a very broad canvas of physical and social science.

Way more than we can open in this format.

Legend
Legend

sure it does. what you're talking about is called implicit bias.

im arguing that its learnt behavior. tribalism and racism aren't the same thing.

but if you're implying that somehow your race determines how you behave, i dont agree whatsoever.

I agree with you that tribalism and racism are not the same thing. I would agree that tribalism is about as old as man. It evolved for safety and self-preservation. Racism is a subset or just one possible cause of tribalism. The challenge in defining it is that we don't belong to just one tribe any more, we aren't geographically isolated like that... we have this Venn diagram of tribes that overlap and intersect and the more commonality we share with somebody, the more we view them as part of our tribe.

That's why most white people don't view themselves as racist at all. They get along fine with the black people at work, with the black people that live in their neighborhood, with the black people that root for the same teams as them, that go to their church, or went to the same college as them (or went to college at all).... they have some kind of tribal commonality with those people... they are easier to relate to.... and not be afraid of.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I just can’t understand how people get so upset about taking down statues of clowns who fought to NOT be American. Who fought to keep their fellow Americans in chains.

I have come to be very confused by people who won't watch the NFL or the NBA or the Olympics because the athletes "disrespect the flag"... yet many of these same people will fight to defend the displaying of the confederate flag.

There is not a single thing I can think of that is more disrespectful to the American flag, than honoring or displaying the confederate flag.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend

Racism is quite simply ignorance.

Lack of knowledge of the human race.

O
Legend
Legend
O

Just curious.

Circling back to where this started, I think you need to explain that one to me.

And for that, I'll explain part of my thinking. Racism (IMO) isn't just about skin-tone and your lineage. We're all homo-sapiens so technically racism doesn't exist (wrong). A big part of racism, as we know it, has to do with cultural norms (stereotypes might be a better word because while stereotypes aren't always completely accurate, they also don't just appear out of nowhere). It's about when you see someone with the physical identifiers of a specific race, your mind instinctually associates that with a stereotype "oh there's a black guy walking this way, cross the street so I don't get mugged" or "Middle East person = Muslim terrorist".

Last edited by oobernoober; 09/14/21 05:03 PM.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

Just curious.

Circling back to where this started, I think you need to explain that one to me.

And for that, I'll explain part of my thinking. Racism (IMO) isn't just about skin-tone and your lineage. We're all homo-sapiens so technically racism doesn't exist (wrong). A big part of racism, as we know it, has to do with cultural norms (stereotypes might be a better word because while stereotypes aren't always completely accurate, they also don't just appear out of nowhere). It's about when you see someone with the physical identifiers of a specific race, your mind instinctually associates that with a stereotype "oh there's a black guy walking this way, cross the street so I don't get mugged" or "Middle East person = Muslim terrorist".

so i agree with this.

and sorry for the late responses. football is back and honestly i wish this is where our tribalism ended in this country:

American
State you rep
what team you rep

keep the tribalism in sports.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Statue of Confederate Robert E. Lee taken down in Virginia

Link Copied to Clipboard