Hall of Famer
Baker will end up being a very successful QB in the NFL

Joe Thomas #73
BADdog #1932272 03/17/22 08:03 PM
Legend
Legend
I'm just happy that our off-seasons aren't boring anymore

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

2 members like this: Swish, mgh888
jfanent #1932275 03/17/22 08:06 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by jfanent
Baker the bawl baby just needs to zip it. He's making 18mil after the worst performance by a qb in the entire NFL. I realize he was hurt and that played a big part, but you can't fault the FO for looking at a plan B. They really screwed the pooch in how they did it, but Mayfield doesn't need to cry in public, either.

I'm not quite here - but really close.

The best bet for Baker to play well on a really good team is the Browns. Playing well and just getting on with it and playing for a measly $18m will be the best way to get to a bigger contract next year - and if you are still that butt hurt, don't play under a franchise tag and tell the team you won't sign.

I understand there might be a loss of trust. I understand the KS is very conservative and had some play calling last year that was flat out dangerous to Baker. But it's a business. Get on with it and get off social media.

I was and will remain a Baker supporter. I think he's going to do very well for someone if the situation is right. But at some point stop with the drama, handle business behind closed doors.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
BADdog #1932276 03/17/22 08:06 PM
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by BADdog
Baker will end up being a very successful QB in the NFL
As long as he can improve on.that 18.0 rating he has in the
,4th quarter.
Mayfield is a good QB has long as he has double digit lead
Going into the 4th quarter

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

Bro the national media remembers we exist!! Victory!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: oobernoober
Swish #1932282 03/17/22 08:13 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

Bro the national media remembers we exist!! Victory!

The last few offseasons were a struggle.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PastorMarc
I have always backed Baker I love his competitive attitude, BUT, he is now showing his true self, its not about the team or his teammates, its all about him, get the best deal youcan and send him packing, let his attitude of self-righteousness destroy some other teams locker room ...

NO HE'S NOT! The internet was flooded with the report browns wanted an adult at QB. That was his final straw I'm sure. I'd tell the Browns to pound salt too after that.

2 members like this: WSU Willie, Spiritbro77
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
I have always backed Baker I love his competitive attitude, BUT, he is now showing his true self, its not about the team or his teammates, its all about him, get the best deal youcan and send him packing, let his attitude of self-righteousness destroy some other teams locker room ...

NO HE'S NOT! The internet was flooded with the report browns wanted an adult at QB. That was his final straw I'm sure. I'd tell the Browns to pound salt too after that.

Yeah, I have to agree.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think it is comical that one of the worst statistical Quarterbacks in the NFL thinks he has the power to say he wants traded. He simply is not worth enough to trade at this point! Most analysts will say the Browns roster is ready to win now. What is holding them back the QB.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Do we think the team knew going after Watson would result in a breakup with Baker?

cfrs15 #1932293 03/17/22 08:35 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Do we think the team knew going after Watson would result in a breakup with Baker?

Yes.

mgh888 #1932294 03/17/22 08:45 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by mgh888

Yes.

If so, don’t we also think that Andrew Berry has a plan in place? Does he seem like a person who would do something like this with no plan?

cfrs15 #1932295 03/17/22 08:46 PM
Legend
Legend

Yes.

If so, don’t we also think that Andrew Berry has a plan in place? Does he seem like a person who would do something like this with no plan?

[Linked Image from s4.glose.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: Dave
FATE #1932296 03/17/22 08:48 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by FATE

Yes.

Which part was getting punched in the mouth?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Baker was INJURED last year and played through the pain and yet the fans hate him. The fans want him gone, the front office wants him gone, so now that he is on board with that and wants to be gone too he's a cry baby? Two years ago we won a playoff game for the first time in DECADES and the fans still hate him. I don't blame him for wanting to be out of here. No one wants him to be here. Not the fans, not the front office. So draft a QB at 13 and trade him. I hope he goes on to win a bunch of championships. Meanwhile, we are right back where we were before we drafted him. Without a QB and hoping we can find one. But that was what you guys wanted. Remember? Baker sucks. Remember? So now Baker is probably gone which falls under "Careful what you wish for, you may surely get it". The Browns could mess up a wet dream.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
4 members like this: WSU Willie, Jester, Hammer
cfrs15 #1932302 03/17/22 08:59 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE

Yes.

Which part was getting punched in the mouth?
Looking like idiots going against everything your organization's mantra preaches.
Going after a QB you were never going to sign... and even if you did, a wild card with a scarred image that would cost a king's ransom in assets.
Losing the QB you already have and any chance for proper assets to be returned for him.
Becoming the laughing stock with the media and fan base to the point where any QB would look like an idiot if he came here.
Starting over, Jenga style, because you didn't have the common sense to shop and trade Baker for another QB if he "wasn't your guy".
Taking a window that was still wide-open, after a multi-year construction project and nailing plywood over it with the sign "closed for the season".

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
3 members like this: mgh888, Spiritbro77, Dave
cfrs15 #1932303 03/17/22 09:03 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yes.

I don't know if he does or not. But he better find a QB fast. Move up in the draft or take one at 13. They made absolutely sure that Baker wants out. A guy that took us to the playoffs and won the first playoff game in decades and the Browns and fans couldn't wait to run him out of town. All of you haters are getting what you want. Baker gone and we are back once again trying to find a QB. That always works out so well for us. Happy now? You got what you wanted.

cfrs15 #1932305 03/17/22 09:09 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O

Yes.

IF Berry wasn't thrust into this by ownership, possibly. I think it more likely that they knew he was under contract no matter what, so they rolled the dice. Now we are here. I would sleuth out whoever said they want an adult at the position and make a very public firing. That might fix crap.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/17/22 09:10 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Exactly. They made SURE to make this as public as possible. They WANTED him gone. The fans too. The hate pointed at Baker is kind of surprising considering he is clearly the best QB we have had since Kosar. That is a LONG time between QB's. Is he perfect? No. But he showed that when he is healthy he can take this team to the playoffs. I wish him the best of luck where ever he ends up. He beat tiny Ben in his last playoff appearance. That alone puts him pretty high in my book. Meanwhile, we now have to draft a QB. I wasn't really paying attention to the QB class this year because I had no idea the Browns would try so hard to get rid of the one we already had. Seems like moving up in the draft is now a priority so we can get the best available.

O
Legend
Legend
O
After OBJ pulled his classless crap, the fan base split and Baker caught crap for that POS. I blame OBJ for the WRs performance problems last year and the team's overall performance down the stretch. 100% OBJ.

That started the hole process of should we move on or not. This kid put it all on the field last year, hell every year, and this is the thanks he gets. I'd tell the Browns to pound salt too.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/17/22 09:15 PM.
Legend
Legend
I would sleuth out whoever said they want an adult at the position and make a very public firing. That might fix crap.

I'm on board with that... you can have those thoughts and internal discussions all day long... you don't tell that to media... completely unprofessional.

<><

#gmstrong
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
First things first. Baker is under contract. Secondly, after last year's performance, he has no trade value. He may want traded, but that does not mean teams want to trade for him. I look at his letter as someone who knows the stakes. His request for a trade is something any player would do when they find out they are looking to be replaced. Bottom line is, he really has no choice in the matter, besides sitting the season out, which would kill his career. The smartest move for him is to work hard, have a good season, then look at his options. He has no guarantee to be a starter anywhere right now, except Cleveland. The NFL is a business, he has to understand this by now. Players good and bad are traded all the time. Goff took the Rams to the playoffs and was replaced, I didn't see anybody on here saying how bad the LA front office was for doing it.

All the high moral folks on here got their wish, and Watson is going elsewhere. Now all the Haslam haters are out in full force, all the while overlooking the good moves he made over the past couple years

Mayfield, the guy many claim is best when doubted, has a chance to prove himself now. The chip on his shoulder should be pretty big now.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
cfrs15 #1932315 03/17/22 09:22 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M

Yes.

Not if they were arrogant enough to believe they had the inside track on signing DW which u believer they felt. Maybe Not if they didn't realize how every move they made was going to be front page, hour by hour drama. Maybe they thought they could handle Baker and any disappointment...

Bottom line, we have a championship talented roster albeit with a good draft and a couple of solid FA signings. But our QB situation is at this moment is totally fkd.... That isn't good planning.... Now if you want to spin this in some sort of positive light, when currently all the QB options look worse than a healthy Baker..... Don't!!! Come Back and talk to me when we know who the QB is, coz eventing else seems like wishful thinking.... Not being snarky, I just mean suggesting Berry must have a plan without any sort of evidence is pure wishful thinking.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Baker Mayfield

Link Copied to Clipboard