Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
jfanent Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Unbelievable. Everyone involved is trying to legitimize this "transaction". Some people should just give up their membership to the human race card.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
Happens in islam all the time. This is not only in Afghanastan. This is everywhere in muslim countries. Women are not respected. They are bought and sold and gifted. Like objects.

Its horrendous. And even more horrendous that few people speak out against it.

No Craps Given
A
Legend
Legend
A
I don't have words to describe what I feel.

Parents selling their kids? 5-9 year olds?

Men, buying them to be their wife/wives?

I just don't comprehend this type of jackassery.

V
Legend
Legend
V
This is so tragic that i don't even know how to respond...

E
Legend
Legend
E
Muslims are ok with it. Prophet Muhammed was married to a 6 year old. This is their example that they worship. What do you expect.

No Craps Given
V
Legend
Legend
V
Is this true? I never knew that.

I did hear in the piece that it's been going on for a long time, but now it's out in the open. Not sure if whether or not it's out in the open is any worse than being done behind closed doors. Either way..........it's horrific and a crime of epic proportions.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Yes its true. You can google about it. Its sick. The way they treat women (in many ways) is sick. Its not and never has been a secret.

No Craps Given
V
Legend
Legend
V
I was aware of how poorly they treat women, but I never knew about selling off their daughters who aren't even pre-teens yet to old men.

E
Legend
Legend
E
https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Child_Marriage_in_the_Muslim_World

Here. Theres all kinds of info out there.

No Craps Given
V
Legend
Legend
V
Damn.

E
Legend
Legend
E
https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Child_Marriage_in_the_Muslim_World

Scroll down to where it says Permitted by Muslim Scholars and Leaders.

Its a nightmare. I cant even read the whole thing without clicking away out of horror.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Happens in islam all the time. This is not only in Afghanastan. This is everywhere in muslim countries. Women are not respected. They are bought and sold and gifted. Like objects.

I agree. But it's not just Muslims. Child brides are a traditional Christian thing too and some sects (mormon traditionalists, I'm looking at you) still practice that crap in hiding here. And only around a hundred years ago, europeans would sell/send their kids to mills, rich families, and workhouses if they couldn't afford to feed them. I believe it fell under indentured labor.

This crap comes from economic pressures created by inequality and indifference from the ruling class. One of the things that makes me cringe when you see the war on entitlements here. We're not far removed from forcing a reality like this on America. European industrial history, European servitude and transportation (like a prison sentence), slavery and how kids were bartered during the great depression showed us that much.

These Muslim child marriages, I believe the kids are supposed to be cared for until they are of marrying age, then forced to actually perform the wife's duties (sex). But I think the age is 13 or 14 for that, if I'm not mistaken. Also, I believe second wives are more slave/sex slave than wife in these cultures. And these parents are so ignorant as to feel this is the best they can do. I hate all religion, and anyone involved when it comes to crap like this.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/25/22 09:30 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Sickening...

<><

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Originally Posted by EveDawg

I agree. But it's not just Muslims. Child brides are a traditional Christian thing too and some sects (mormon traditionalists, I'm looking at you) still practice that crap in hiding here. And only around a hundred years ago, europeans would sell/send their kids to mills, rich families, and workhouses if they couldn't afford to feed them. I believe it fell under indentured labor.

This crap comes from economic pressures created by inequality and indifference from the ruling class. One of the things that makes me cringe when you see the war on entitlements here. We're not far removed from forcing a reality like this on America. European industrial history, European servitude and transportation (like a prison sentence), slavery and how kids were bartered during the great depression showed us that much.

These Muslim child marriages, I believe the kids are supposed to be cared for until they are of marrying age, then forced to actually perform the wife's duties (sex). But I think the age is 13 or 14 for that, if I'm not mistaken. Also, I believe second wives are more slave/sex slave than wife in these cultures. And these parents are so ignorant as to feel this is the best they can do. I hate all religion, and anyone involved when it comes to crap like this.

Lets be clear.

Mainstream Christianity does not in any way endorse child brides. That is not even a thing anywhere in the bible.

Cults do. David Koresh types. Polygamists. They are wackos. The end. They dont represent Christianity. They invent their own religions.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
I know and fully agree Eve. That's why I made sure I pointed out sects. Most mormons don't either. But I don't think American mainstream Muslims or many around the world in advance countries do either. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. And I'm sure it's been practiced in other religions and cultures throughout time. But we are talking TODAY.

BUT: Child Marriage In The Bible?

https://discover-the-truth.com/2015/10/29/child-marriage-in-the-bible/

I think it is in the bible.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/25/22 09:46 PM.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Its not mainstream in usa, but it is in muslim countries. It is similar to how arranged marriages work in India.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsa...bride-got-a-fatwa-against-child-marriage

No Craps Given
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
BUT: Child Marriage In The Bible?

https://discover-the-truth.com/2015/10/29/child-marriage-in-the-bible/

I think it is in the bible.

Thats a reach. David Koresh might twist it. But mainstream Christianity does not.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Those particular passages are pretty explicit in saying keep the young females for yourself, kill all others. But I concur it's not mainstream, and it seems Muslims are stuck in the stone age with their thinking. But I still don't know enough about all Muslims or Muslim countries to say they are all like that. And I don't know that you do either. With roughly 50 majority Muslim countries in the world, I'm not sure how common or uncommon this practice is... I mean are the ones doing it like those Mormon fundamentalist cults in rarity, or more common like Baptist/Catholics regular churches? I'm NOT saying you are not right, I'm saying I definitely don't know enough to say that in such a blanketed way, and if it is not commonly practiced amongst all Muslims, then it's no more fair to them than how you felt when You thought I was saying all Christians. And I don't think anyone needs to be marrying children anywhere, period. Toxic, huh?

B
Legend
Legend
B
I have to say I am a bit shocked people didn't know this already. I guess it happens because the news media really hasn't hammered on this issue. It a perversion that has somehow grown in to an accepted norm in strict sects of the Muslim world.

I don't get as worked up over marrying at a young age. In this country and all over the world women got married in their early teens, but it wasn't forced to 50 year old men. That 14 year old girl was marrying a 17-18 year old boy and average life expectancy was maybe 50 years old.

It wasn't that long ago that in China they were binding girls feet because they somehow thought that small, mangled feet were somehow attractive. Maybe it was a way to keep them from running away...who knows?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Laws vary, but the thought of a 9 year old being sold into marriage leaves me speechless.

Ohio has exceptions for a 13 year old.

Age of Consent: 16 Close-in-age Exemption: Yes

Ohio statutory rape law is violated when a person has consensual sexual intercourse with an individual they are not married to under the age of 16. A close-in-age exemption exists, allowing minors aged 13 and older to consent to a partner under 18. Ohio has five statutory sexual abuse charges on the books.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/age-of-consent-by-state

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
So I learned today that a 12 year can get married in Massachusetts with their parents' permission... and a 15 year old can get married without their parents' permission in Mississippi...

What the hell!?!? What parent is going to allow a 12 year old to get married?!?!?

Even the states that allow a 16 year old to get married with parental permission that just feels unreal...

I get that 'back in the day' people get married in their teens.... they also died in their 30s....

<><

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... CNN witnesses 9-year-old being sold for marriage to 55-year-old man

Link Copied to Clipboard