Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
B
My wife's parents (where she grew up) next door neighbor got killed yesterday trying to put her mail in a mail box... She pulled over to the side of the road 1 block from her house to mail something... the mailbox is on the side of the road... and a car for some reason just ran right into her car and then her. She was stuck for 20 minutes underneath it.

She was 59 and her daughter went to school with my wife and I. She had 3 children, husband, a plenty of grandkids... very sad. Just would like to ask for everyones thoughts and prayers for her and her family.

Truly a showing of how fragile/unexpected life can be... I mean she could have got stopped at a light, got a phone call, drove a little slower, etc... etc... etc..... and this would have never happened. Sometimes life just doesn't make any sense... That was her destiny... getting run down at a mailbox to mail some bills.

"I'm a mog. Half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend."
J
Legend
Legend
J
Life is short and you never know how short. That's a sad story and I feel for her, her family and friends.

Steeler
Steeler
Quote:

Life is short and you never know how short.

How true is that?

I find it funny (maybe funny isn't the word), how alot of times people will say "I'll have that conversation with him/her next week" or "I'll do that next month" or "We'll plan for that next year". My response to that is always "How do you know you'll even be around"? I usually try to refrain from saying that out loud, because it seems like such a grim response, but that's what I'm always thinking.

Not to veer from the topic, but remember right after 9/11? Everyone called their loved ones to tell them how much they loved them. Everyone was nicer to each other. Everyone looked at the things that they most often take for granted. Do we see that anymore? Hardly.

I don't say that as a prescription to be reckless in life, but rather to seize every opportunity, especially when it comes to matters of the heart.

Barfolemew, sorry to read about the horrible tragedy. I hope that God can help her friends and family with the healing process.

J
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
J
I'm sorry to hear about that man. I will pray for her and your family.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Dang! Thoughts and prayers to this lady's family and friends...

[Linked Image from i75.photobucket.com]

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Another thoughts and prayers...

Link Copied to Clipboard