Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
S
Now my team is definitely rebuilding, much overdue. At least they have some pieces to build with like Pickett (hopefully), Pickens, TJ Watt, Minkah, Leal. I guess the Steelers are good candidates for #1 in the draft this year. I feel some empathy with everything Browns fans have gone through over the years. It's my turn.

#gmstrong
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted by sk8termom
Now my team is definitely rebuilding, much overdue. I guess the Steelers are good candidates for #1 in the draft this year.

Good.

Just Kidding (but not really).

For some reason, I have a feeling the Steelers will get their act together before the Browns.

1 member likes this: sk8termom
S
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
S
AZBrown - I don't think so. I think the Browns have much better players at this point.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Now my team is definitely rebuilding, much overdue. At least they have some pieces to build with like Pickett (hopefully), Pickens, TJ Watt, Minkah, Leal. I guess the Steelers are good candidates for #1 in the draft this year. I feel some empathy with everything Browns fans have gone through over the years. It's my turn.

Perspective be a good thang, mom.
You are a class act to share your newfound point-of-view with us.
It's why you are a totally welcome member of this community.
You b fam, grrrl... we love you here.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
AZBrown - I don't think so. I think the Browns have much better players at this point.

Maybe, but as an organization we are a complete mess and are very likely to start cleaning house again. With no cap space and a limitied amount of draft choices to boot.

Atleast the Steelers have continuity and a plan in place, something the Browns will never have.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
My Steelers friends have been saying that This year proves that Tomlin’s “never had a losing record” attribute is actually Big Ben’s attribute. Most of them want Tomlin out. I honestly think that the Steelers have some great young players but are a quarterback and a couple other players away from being a playoff team. If I were the Steelers gm, I’d do everything that I could to bring in Aaron Rogers and a couple other role players - Instant playoff team. As for the rivalry,The Browns have kind of been beating the Steelers up for a few years now. I’d say the big turning point was the MNF game back in 2019 when Myles and Mason Rudolph went at it. - The Browns won the game and we’re clearly the more physical team that night. That was followed by the playoff blowout and so forth. However, the Steelers are not in need of a rebuild like the Browns were 5 years ago. They remind me more of the Broncos team a few years back that signed an aging Peyton Manning and won a Super Bowl.

Last edited by RememberMuni; 11/26/22 09:47 PM.
R
Legend
Legend
R
The Steelers have the two most important things the Browns don't...

Culture and leadership.

Browns will probably never be good because they lack both. And unfortunately even if you bring leaders in the culture has a way of extinguishing those qualities.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
More like the past 20, or since Big Ben came into the league.

Spend the year figuring out if Pickett is the real deal, or line yourself up with one of the college QB's that will be drafted high.

It all begins with the QB. Everything else is pretty meaningless, or can be built around. See Cleveland Browns....

I don't get the Tomlin disdain. Big Ben helped, but Trubisky or Rudolph were not the solution.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... I've been so spoiled over the last 40+ years

Link Copied to Clipboard