Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
jfanent Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Unreal. They left a sniper rifle on a tripod unattended at the edge of a rooftop overlooking a parade, and it fell to the street. I don't know how they're going to spin this, but there are no freak gusts of wind on Buffalo rooftops....there are ALWAYS gusts of wind on Buffalo rooftops. Here's a pic of the rifle before it fell.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

https://www.wivb.com/news/crime/sniper-rifle-falls-off-roof-during-buffalo-st-patricks-day-parade/

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A sniper rifle fell off the roof of a building during Sunday’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Buffalo Police confirmed.

The incident occurred at 560 Delaware Ave. at the corner of Allen Street. Buffalo Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia says the security plan for the parade was thorough, but the department is investigating to make sure something like this never happens again.

“This is something that doesn’t happen. I don’t ever recall hearing something like this ever happening,” Commissioner Gramaglia said.

Photos of the incident show an officer looking over the edge of the building at a gun on the ground, which narrowly missed parade goers and a hotdog stand.

“If protocol was followed and yet that still happened then we have to look into other policies and procedures to make sure nothing like this ever happens again,” Commissioner Gramaglia added. “I would be confident saying the best and most thorough planning for an event that we had. This is something that occurred. This is not a lack of planning. We have to look at protocols.”

No injuries were reported in relation to the incident. According to law enforcement officials, the gun would not have fired from falling to the ground. Legal analyst Barry Covert says a civil lawsuit is unlikely in this case because there were no injuries.

“Even if the protocols were followed, it still is negligence that it was set up in this manor on a windy day that allowed the wind gust to carry it over the edge of the building,” Covert said.

Cheektowaga Police aware of racist language in viral video
The rifle fell as a Buffalo SWAT officer conducted routine surveillance on top of a building on Delaware Avenue, Police Commissioner Gramaglia said.

“I saw one picture so I am not sure who was visible on that. Like I said, we do have someone up there with the weapon officer on observation,” Commissioner Gramaglia told News 4.

A witness who was across the street at the time of the incident says it all happened before the parade made it to Delaware and Allen. They claim that officers left the rifle unattended and a gust of wind blew the gun, tripod and weighted bag off the building.

The rifle was on a tripod with a weighted bag when it fell from the roof onto the street below. Buffalo Police say they are looking at wind as a factor and an internal investigation is being conducted.

The rifle was recovered by Buffalo Police officers.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Wow.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I hear that conspiracy theorists don't believe that the rifle found on the ground was the same rifle. They say for it to be the same rifle it would have to have fallen 8 feet, turned left, fallen another 10 feet, turned left again and fallen 7 feet before turning end over end and then gone up 10 feet, turned right and fallen 8, turned right again and fallen the rest of the way to the ground. Also being reported that they arrested a cat found on the roof top where the rifle originally fell from and the cat's name is Lee Harvey.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend
Crazy update, it's been disclosed that the building is actually the Buffalo School Book Depository. saywhat

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
jfanent Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by dawg66
I hear that conspiracy theorists don't believe that the rifle found on the ground was the same rifle. They say for it to be the same rifle it would have to have fallen 8 feet, turned left, fallen another 10 feet, turned left again and fallen 7 feet before turning end over end and then gone up 10 feet, turned right and fallen 8, turned right again and fallen the rest of the way to the ground. Also being reported that they arrested a cat found on the roof top where the rifle originally fell from and the cat's name is Lee Harvey.

Well, the cat was just clawed to death by another cat named Ruby.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: FATE
F
Legend
Legend
F
WTF? what sniper uses a tripod like that?

This is a hack, not a sniper.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
ridiculous....

<><

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Stuff happens, and it usually isn't good stuff.

I guess they wanted a "show" of security but having the weapon on what I would call a camera tripod was stupid. It could have easily been placed 3-4 feet back from the ledge and still be seen but not in jeopardy of falling off the roof.

Plus, why even have the weapon in view? Just seeing officers on roofs here and there is enough. Any bad guy who sees them is going to figure out they aren't up with with just their sidearms. A sidearm up there from 50 yards or more is going to hit everything except what you want to target.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
This is or should be a serious conversation, but the magnitude of ineptness is too funny not to laugh at. People are careless and sometimes need to be smarter regardless of their jobs.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So.. did Buffalo PD disclose the target?

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted by SaintDawg

Apparently it was a spot on the ground directly beneath it's perch. smile

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FloridaFan
Originally Posted by SaintDawg

Apparently it was a spot on the ground directly beneath it's perch. smile

BULLSEYE!!!

"too many notes, not enough music-"
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Buffalo Police drop sniper rifle into parade crowd

Link Copied to Clipboard