Next Thread
Print Thread
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P

A clean and energy efficient way to produce lithium right here at home.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
I saw a very similar story on youtube about 4-5 months ago.

Very interesting, but with most things like this, they make it sound great, but I prefer to wait to see the reality.

I hope it works out and can help the supply and cost, but I think Solid State sodium is the real future.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I have no idea what the long term solution will be. I do know as of now auto makers are rolling out more and more EV's. GM plans to have 30 EV models introduced on the market by 2025 as an example. The current sources for lithium are foreign and the method of its extraction and production is very dirty.

I think that at least to some extent the country has learned a lesson from Covid. The increased production of U.S. chip manufacturing and lithium production done here in the U.S. I think are prime examples of that. Much like yourself I agree that projections are quite often overstated when you look at the end results. But even so I think this will go a very long way in providing much of the lithium needed here at home.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
Agreed.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Sounds great. We really need to start finding some long term solutions. Especially on the mining front. We're literally raping parts of the earth of their environmental integrity and life expectancy. I'm tired of the "well, there's nothing we can really do about that" mentality. At what point do you sabotage 'greater good' when you give little insight to the long-term... and just scream: "More, more, mooore!!".

Cobalt is a perfect example. When you understand the math, you realize that this is sheer human exploitation -- for something that is nothing more than a short-term solution. Makes you wonder if the game plan is to rape as fast as possible, while flying under the radar, so that all possible raping can be completed by the time someone decides to see what's been swept under the rug.

Don't worry; we only need 600% more to meet demand.

(generic google search: "cobalt crisis')

What is the problem with cobalt?
It can harm the eyes, skin, heart, and lungs. Exposure to cobalt may cause cancer. Workers may be harmed from exposure to cobalt and cobalt-containing products. The level of harm depends upon the dose, duration, and work being done.

What year will we run out of cobalt?
News / Electric trucks and ships? Metals for batteries 'will run out by 2050' Global reserves of copper, cobalt, manganese and nickel will not be enough to support the like-for-like electrification of transport, and 'de-growth' in capacity will be needed to meet zero-carbon commitments, says a new study.Jan 17, 2023

Last edited by FATE; 05/09/23 02:52 PM. Reason: fixed video size

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
B
Legend
Legend
B
Hydrogen is the answer. I read where Toyota is pursuing that option.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Lithium Valley In California.

Link Copied to Clipboard