Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2018318 06/13/23 02:45 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Who's going to what games?

I live in CBus so the easy road games will be Indy, Cincy and Pit. I refuse to give pittsburp any of my money so that leaves Indy and Cincy. I confess that I'm considering making a weekend out of it and motoring to baltiwhore Saturday am and finding the Buckeye Backers bar in the Inner Harbor and watching OSU v msu at 7:30 that night and taking the water taxi to the ratbird game.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
B
Legend
Legend
B
I plan on Cincy, Titans,49ers,AZ,Jags and maybe Bears.

All in Cleveland. Those are road trips for me.

Next year I might be able to take some other road trips. I am thinking this might be my last year as a season ticket holder. It might be better to just pick up 2-3 home games and a couple of other games.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
there's a small chance I can make the Indy game. I was hoping it would be later in the year

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Let us know.. Tailgate involved.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Legend
Legend
thanks buddy!

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
there's a small chance I can make the Indy game. I was hoping it would be later in the year

Indy game is NOT in Cleveland. But if Saint is going there to put on a tailgate, I may make the drive.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
yeah Fate it's in Indy

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Originally Posted by FATE

Indy game is NOT in Cleveland. But if Saint is going there to put on a tailgate, I may make the drive.

I might make that game in Indy

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Frenchy
Originally Posted by FATE

I might make that game in Indy

Me too. I'm only a couple hours away.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Indy is a possibility, we are going to Denver over thanksgiving weekend, my father in law lives near Boulder so we are doing Thanksgiving there and going to the game Sunday.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Who knows. It seems a lot are going to Indy.

I probably won't go to the game. I may eat dinnner at St Elmos on Friday or Saturday, make a show and watch the game back in the room. I may check in to some reservations in the next day or two.

My wife and I don't mind road trips to eat at a quality, iconic restaurant. It might be a 7 hour drive. About the same as driving to Columbus.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
if St. Elmo's is what it's cracked up to be, it would be worth it

B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't know.

I do know a couple can easily drop $300 for dinner, it includes a decent tip. I don't think they can do that day after day, year after year if some people don't think it's worth it.

You might even drop more if you indulge in a couple of martini's before dinner in addition to wine and desert with a cognac.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The guys don't come to Florida this year, so I'm gonna have to make my way up there for a game. We are planning on the 49er's game on October 15th. Got my plane tickets, now just gotta find the seats I want. Hope to see some of ya'll in the lot tailgating. Wife's been hearing about the festivities for years, so she wants to see it in person.

KeysDawg

The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. - Carl Sagan
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by keys_bow_wow
The guys don't come to Florida this year, so I'm gonna have to make my way up there for a game. We are planning on the 49er's game on October 15th. Got my plane tickets, now just gotta find the seats I want. Hope to see some of ya'll in the lot tailgating. Wife's been hearing about the festivities for years, so she wants to see it in person.

Hey Keys.....good to see you.

I will be at that game. I say we have to meet. We've only been BS'n around here for what, 20 years? Maybe a little more.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: keys_bow_wow
Legend
Legend
glad you will make the trip keys!

1 member likes this: keys_bow_wow
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
I would love to see the game at Mile High but the chance to do so is small....

who knows maybe I can get that to happen... don't even care if I'm sitting in nosebleed seats.

That'd be the only road trip for me as I'm about an hour and a half away.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
My Steelers buddy lives here in Cle.He got hooked up with a great deal for Browns/Colts game. Bus fare, hotel for a night, ticket to the game for 100 bucks. - He’s going with a big group of Browns fans. The more that I think about it, I might spring for the Indy game. I’d get 3 tix and a room. It’ll set me back a bit but would be fun to a Browns game outside of Cleveland. The other thing that I’d like to do is head to Detroit for their Thanksgiving game. -.Playing the Pack this year.

Legend
Legend
The nosebleeds there would be real gushers!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Hah, yeah, crazy to think it's been that long. 😅 We are flying in for a wedding and the game lines up. Should be a good match up too. We will definitely hook up.

KeysDawg

The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. - Carl Sagan
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
It's actually at an altitude lower than what I'm at right now... so maybe not

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
if St. Elmo's is what it's cracked up to be, it would be worth it
I’ve eaten here several times, the last time I hate to say wasn’t worth the price. It’s a super cool place, and if you’ve never eaten there you should, but I think so many steak houses have upped their game that St Elmo’s is living off of their name.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I can see that for sure. A lot of places are famous because they're famous

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Road trips this year!

Link Copied to Clipboard