Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2031126 09/29/23 08:43 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
For making live NFL football even more expensive than ever!

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I don’t have a single Swift fan in my peer group. I mean maybe one of my buddy’s wives or daughters is a fan of a song or two, but they’re no ‘Swifty’.
Musical dreck.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
I don’t have a single Swift fan in my peer group. I mean maybe one of my buddy’s wives or daughters is a fan of a song or two, but they’re no ‘Swifty’.
Musical dreck.

I'm no fan, but IMO she's far from the poster child of bad modern music.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
haha the current viral trend of men/women saying that Kelce/Swift put the other on the map is very funny

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
haha the current viral trend of men/women saying that Kelce/Swift put the other on the map is very funny

Kelce is the one picking up new fans if either of them actually are.

If they were to get hooked, Kelce is the one who would be signing the prenup.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
So tired of hearing about her.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by EveDawg

So am I until I actually look at things in perspective. I'm sure former generations said the exact same thing about Elvis, The Beatles, the Rolling Stones and a host of others when their children were screaming, blasting their records and going crazy at their concerts. They just didn't get it. They thought it was stupid. But that's how things work. I've figured out that as with previous generations, I'm not supposed to get it. I'm not supposed to understand it. But I do remember how it was when I went through the same thing with my father when it came to the music I listened to and the clothes I wore. From the way I wore my hair to the slang expressions we used at the time.

So I'm not going to be that way about it. It's their thing and I'm not supposed to get it. I'm not going to give them grief about it or make fun of them for it. And as much as I don't care for her music, she did get a lot of young people to register to vote and seems to be doing far more good than harm. It could be much worse.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Who is Swifty? Never heard of him/her/other preferred pronoun.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Oh, I get it. I'm just tired of hearing about her.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think we pretty much agree. It seems as though we both understand why we keep hearing about it even if we're tired of hearing about it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

So am I until I actually look at things in perspective. I'm sure former generations said the exact same thing about Elvis, The Beatles, the Rolling Stones and a host of others when their children were screaming, blasting their records and going crazy at their concerts. They just didn't get it. They thought it was stupid. But that's how things work. I've figured out that as with previous generations, I'm not supposed to get it. I'm not supposed to understand it. But I do remember how it was when I went through the same thing with my father when it came to the music I listened to and the clothes I wore. From the way I wore my hair to the slang expressions we used at the time.

So I'm not going to be that way about it. It's their thing and I'm not supposed to get it. I'm not going to give them grief about it or make fun of them for it. And as much as I don't care for her music, she did get a lot of young people to register to vote and seems to be doing far more good than harm. It could be much worse.

Yep, I am pretty certain my parents were appalled by the likes of Alice Cooper and other acts that seemed to intend to shock a bit. Also long hiared 60's 70s bands I know they did not get, especially when their music was harder than what they knew.

I was with my dad when he was driving and Styx, Come Sail Away came on the radio. My dad was 61 when I graduated HS and he commented on the repetitive lyrics and strange instrument songs ( that translates to too loud). In HS we thought the lyrics of Nazareth's Hair of the Dog was shocking, and probably played it just to get on adults' nerves. Those lyrics are relative tame by today's standards.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan

Taylor Swift. Come on man, you have heard of her.

I am way past being a big fan of anybody but even I know who she is. She's as big as big gets. She is Frank Sinatra, The Beatles, Michael Jackson....on that level.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Oh, I thought it was someone literally named "Swifty".

What do I know? crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

Kelce is the one picking up new fans if either of them actually are.

If they were to get hooked, Kelce is the one who would be signing the prenup.

Yeah the Taylce bunch!

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Love her or hate her. She is one thing for sure,, she's a freaking Marketing Genius.

I happen to like her music.. Not like I loved the Beatles or Stones or Elvis.. But I do like it.

She is a Machine for sure. Hate her, be tired of her but damn, you just gotta respect her ability to inspire.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
L
Legend
Legend
L
Yeah all the hate for her is pretty sad to be honest. By all accounts, she treats everyone well, is generous with her money and just does her thing. She's not going out of her way to have all eyes on her, thats just the NFL trying to drum up interest they way they do everything....ad naseum. Put a better product on the field and you won't need to show a celebrity dating a football player 45 times a game. I get the annoyance of it, but the blame is on the wrong party here.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan

Taylor Swift. Come on man, you have heard of her.

I am way past being a big fan of anybody but even I know who she is. She's as big as big gets. She is Frank Sinatra, The Beatles, Michael Jackson....on that level.

She may be on the level of fame with these others… but talent…? Not even close.
In 30 years she’ll be a ghost of a musical past. An “oh, I forgot about her” footnote. Elvis, Sinatra, and Jackson will still be widely recalled.
A corporate manufactured pop star flavor of the week… That unfortunately hasn’t gone out of style… yet. Can’t wait till that day comes. Enough is enough.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's lasted far more than a week. And her sales and popularity won't just fade away. The statistics of her career won't disappear. I certainly won't dispute your comments about talent. I'm old enough to remember these stars of the past that you mentioned when they were popular. The media promoted them, kept their name in the mouths of the public much like we are seeing with Taylor Swift.

As far as record companies manufacturing pop stars, history dictates that's nothing new. As far back as the late 1950's record companies were paying DJ's to play their artists records. It all came to a head with what was known as "The Payola Scandal" which I believe was brought forth in 1960. It caused new regulations and laws being created in an attempt to prevent it. While technology has created new ways of accomplishing the same thing, it's really nothing new. It falls into the category of, same as it ever was.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

She's barely on my radar. I know who she is, I know what she's doing, and I know how much oxygen she seems to consume, but that's pretty much it.

Interesting side bar: I have a private student who cancelled a scheduled lesson because her mom was able to snag some Swiftix at the last moment. Check this s# out: the entire fam dropped all their plans, booked plane tix to LA, where Dad & the boy did their own outdoor thang in the hills above LA, and Mom & student partied that azz at SoFi. It was in August, right before school was starting... and they did it anyway.

I can't imagine having that much disposable income to drop on a 3-day family bender, and I can't imagine a Taylor Swift concert being the primary reason to do so.

I'm really starting to a see a link between that family's priorities and this student's snail-like progress.
I'm 'bout to fire this family, and send them on to someone who's OK with weekly baby-sitting sessions that feature musical instruments in the room. Lord knows there's plenty of them out there. Teachers and students like these deserve each other. The rest of us deserve better.

Taylor Swift: only on my radar because of media saturation. Not a member of the target audience. Not a fan.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
I don't know her music.

I have heard her interviewed. She is a likable person.

She has a lot of power with those who follow her. With a single message she was able to get loads of people to register to vote.

She has the power to influence an election.

Legend
Legend
I can't imagine having that much disposable income to drop on a 3-day family bender, and I can't imagine a Taylor Swift concert being the primary reason to do so.

It's completely baffling. Then I look back at all the time I've wasted getting my hopes up that the Browns will finally put together a successful football team and wonder if it's any more idiotic.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
L
Legend
Legend
L
I like that Romeo & Juliet song, even the were never getting back together tune. Otherwise I don’t care about her personal life or music. Just another celeb

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Damn Clem you can be nasty smile

gmstrong

-----------------

1 member likes this: Clemdawg
B
Legend
Legend
B
I like country music, but she isn't country, even if sold as such...or was.

My measuring stick is once I start seeing a person on every episode of Entertainment Tonight...my wife likes that show, I know they are what I call tabloid material. Jay-Z and Rihanna, Brittany Spears, now Taylor Swift.

How much bubble gum can one person chew?

Goes to show that having a crack publicist is as important, if not more important than having actual talent.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P

I've been asking that same question since the 1970's. And over all that time I've found the answer to be that chewing bubble gum seems to be a very popular theme among millions upon millions of music listeners. Like yourself it's certainly not for me, but for some reason it seems to be a common theme for decades now.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

I've been asking that same question since the 1970's. And over all that time I've found the answer to be that chewing bubble gum seems to be a very popular theme among millions upon millions of music listeners. Like yourself it's certainly not for me, but for some reason it seems to be a common theme for decades now.

I don't mind some bubblegum every now and then. They can be catchy tunes. The Archies, "Sugar, Sugar" was a catchy tune that I have to admit I would sing to every now and then. Even the Kenny Rodgers, Dolly Parton hit "Islands In The Stream" written by the Bee Gees is what I would call a bubble gum song, is one I will sing along...it a good song.

Come on my friend, you sing along to a few songs you might not want to admit...you just get caught, you just like them and damn what other people think.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
L
Legend
Legend
L
Lol. If you like a song, you like it.
As a kid of around 8-11 years old, I loved the Bay City Rollers and still do. Still like ABBA.

gmstrong

-----------------

Legend
Legend
S A T U R DAY Night.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Right? But I always preferred Rock n Roll Love Letter, it’s actually a bad-ass rock tune. For bubble gum. smile

gmstrong

-----------------

P
Legend
Legend
P
Oh I certainly won't say they haven't created some catchy tunes. I was more speaking in terms of the genre overall. How they've often actually dominated the charts. That part I just don't get. But while I don't get that millions upon millions seem to as it's been very popular music over decades. It's just like country music today. The vast majority of it isn't country music at all. Most of it's pop music. But obviously that's what sells.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Thank you! Swiftly fans!

Link Copied to Clipboard