Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Diane Feinstein passed overnight. RIP. Dems allowed her to serve until she passed even though her mind was’t right for close to two years. I appreciate what she did in her career. And she served in one way or another her whole life. Respect. I wish she would have stepped down after watching what she has been reduced to the last couple years. But I get letting her go out on her terms.

With her passing and Mendez being pressured to resign, dems will be down two Senators…

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
E
Legend
Legend
E
RIP

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
No, no they won't.

Diane Feinstein accomplished a lot over her career. She seemed like a very kind and compassionate person. I'm saddened to hear of her passing. It's sad to think of how it all ended with her being a shell of her former self while still conducting the people's business on the senate floor.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
RIP- I'm not an expert on her career- I do think politics and society in general suffers because of the pursuit of power and money. Just like BOTH Trump and Biden- they are TOO OLD to represent our nation in the most important job.
JMHO, Diane hurt the country by clinging to POWER long after she should have retired.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't disagree that neither Biden nor trump should be our choices. Sadly we are left in a situation that's all too familiar. Having to choose between the lesser of the two evils. I also think that chhoice is pretty clear cut.

But if this is the best these two parties have to offer in terms of candidates, everything has gone to hell.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
She’s done more to help this country than to hurt it. She was a highly respected lawmaker and was a pathfinder for women’s rights. Every women in America owes her much gratitude. And why should she have retired again? This is the USA and we all are allowed to work as long as we can. I don’t get the age thing as long as you can do your job, as she did right up until her last day.

RIP

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Can you guys take that elsewhere please. Not the place here. Thanks.

– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
Legend
O
While I didn't always agree with her politics, I respect her career. She was a monument within our government. May she Rest in Peace.

So long as it's done respectfully, I don't see why the topic of term limits and being fit for duty is off limits in this thread. These people are supposed to be civil servants.... she was 100% NOT able to do her job over the last few years, and it was painfully obvious.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
sorry. Not going there here. And when McTurtle croaks I won’t be talking about it in his memorial thread either.

RIP Diane.

– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Gavin Newsome just appointed Laphonza Buttler to the Feinstein seat in the Senate.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Lap...&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
She’s done more to help this country than to hurt it. She was a highly respected lawmaker and was a pathfinder for women’s rights. Every women in America owes her much gratitude. And why should she have retired again? This is the USA and we all are allowed to work as long as we can. I don’t get the age thing as long as you can do your job, as she did right up until her last day.

RIP

There are differing opinions on that latter half of your post. She'd been absent from the Senate for months (link) and missed 50% of the votes this year (link)which would appear to make that assertion factually inaccurate. Members of her own party were asking her to resign. While she did make a vote on the day she died, there were significant gaps leading up to it. One of the issues with age related afflictions is that those that suffer them often have good days and bad days. They can have moments of clarity but at others could legally be declared non compos mentis.

Regardless, may she RIP. Getting old is rough.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Term limits happen every 6 years for a senator, 4 for president, and 2 for House members.

Elections.

I get it, but voters are responsible for this as well.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Butler is the leader of Emily’s List PAC. She’s a strong black lesbian woman. Lol, a GOPer nightmare.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I can't believe her seat was lost to a republican! saywhat

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Katie Porter, Barbara Lee, or Adam Schiff have entered are are running for the seat. That is some well established competition.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I really do like Katie Porter.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Senator Feinstein has passed at 90

Link Copied to Clipboard