Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2045186 11/23/23 10:24 PM
jaybird Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Alright dawgs... I need your help... I'm in the middle of a kitchen remodel and need your help. I'm hoping in 2024 that I can try at least one new recipe a week to build a family cook book... I'd love to hear some of your favorite family recipes!!!

Kitchen won't be ready until new years, but I'm trying to gather recipes that I'll try out in 2024...

<><

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
https://www.slenderkitchen.com/recipe/easy-chicken-soft-tacos

Chicken Soft Tacos

Easy and Amazing. And you can customize it to have your favorite toppings.

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: jaybird
B
Legend
Legend
B
Breakfast casserole.

I make mine using a 9X5 baking dish. A good size for 2 people. Adjust quantities for a larger dish.

Grease the dish. I use bacon grease. A spray works OK.

Tear up 3-4 dinner rolls to loosely fill the dish. You can use bread, whatever you have works.

Drizzle good amount of real maple syrup over the bread. I cook by feel. You don't want the bread standing in syrup, but you want enough to soak in to the bread mixture but every piece doesn't need to be saturated. Think about how much syrup would you put of 3 slices of French toast. Sprinkle on about 1 TBS cinnamon.

Add a little parsley and some diced ham. Again, put on what looks right. I like the saltiness of the ham with the sweet of the syrup, but have used Rasins and or dried cranberries before if ham isn't your thing.

Over that, mix together 3 eggs with maybe 2/3 cup half and half. Once mixed, just pour over the bread. You won't cover the bread with the mixture, but it will end up soaking in to all the bread by morning.

Yes, make this the night before. Just cover and put in the fridge. Nobody wants to start cooking 1st thing.

When ready the next morning, bake at 340 for about 30-40 minutes. Test it by sticking a knife or toothpick in to the center. If is come out wet, keep baking. (I usually start testing at about 25 minutes)

When you remove if from the oven, rest on a rack 10-15 min. to allow it to cool down and set.

Dig in!

Last edited by Ballpeen; 11/24/23 02:33 AM.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
My chili.

Sautee a red or green pepper, and also an onion, 2 tablespoons of garlic (about a clove)
Mix in 2 lbs of your favorite meat. Season with a packet of taco seasoning. Let it brown.
Dump in 2-3 cans of chili beans (per preference) along with a jar of salsa, one small can of rotel.
Lastly, very important, mix in 1 bottle of Heinz chili sauce.

Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down to simmer for about an hour, Or just sautee the veggies and brown the meat and then dump everything into a crockpot on high for about an hour.

I’ll put it over either spaghetti noodles or white rice, then top the chili with shredded cheese, and sour cream if you like.

- Cheap, easy, delicious fall meal and it’ll give you something to do before the game is on.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Favorite Recipes

Link Copied to Clipboard