Next Thread
Print Thread
#2051600 12/25/23 01:25 PM
S
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
S
I was sitting here thinking, and something popped in my head. Sometimes deep down I felt like the curse was real. So many things happened over decades that just felt that way. Losing games after losing one starter. Getting beat on a bad call. Defense giving up multiple scores at the end of the game, after dominating for three quarters.

Then I was thinking about the Elf. Many younger fans hate it, and others laughed at it. Myself always liked it, it took me back to being a kid and seeing it on football cards. The team brought it back, and have incorporated it more. Then there was an opponent dissing it before a game this year. Seems like that sparked a new love for the logo.

It seems to me that since that happened, this team seemed to start getting the breaks they never got. The team started winning games in the final minute, instead of losing. Players dropping left and right and back ups winning games for us. The Elf was the logo for the Browns when they were champions. Putting the Elf on the field tied this team to the dynasty that once was.

Was it Modell who trashed the Elf? This I don't know, but I am of the belief that these events with the Elf, have maybe broken the curse. Summoning the ghosts of the past to breath a winning attitude into the team.

Call me crazy, but I want to believe

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
1 member likes this: DeisleDawg
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian
I was sitting here thinking, and something popped in my head. Sometimes deep down I felt like the curse was real. So many things happened over decades that just felt that way. Losing games after losing one starter. Getting beat on a bad call. Defense giving up multiple scores at the end of the game, after dominating for three quarters.

Then I was thinking about the Elf. Many younger fans hate it, and others laughed at it. Myself always liked it, it took me back to being a kid and seeing it on football cards. The team brought it back, and have incorporated it more. Then there was an opponent dissing it before a game this year. Seems like that sparked a new love for the logo.

It seems to me that since that happened, this team seemed to start getting the breaks they never got. The team started winning games in the final minute, instead of losing. Players dropping left and right and back ups winning games for us. The Elf was the logo for the Browns when they were champions. Putting the Elf on the field tied this team to the dynasty that once was.

Was it Modell who trashed the Elf? This I don't know, but I am of the belief that these events with the Elf, have maybe broken the curse. Summoning the ghosts of the past to breath a winning attitude into the team.

Call me crazy, but I want to believe

I won't call you crazy because I see a correlation, not necessarily a causation. We did win NFL title when the Elf was more prominent.

I am extremely "superstitious" regarding sports, while thinking full well it is a bunch of bunk. But to me it's fun and makes it more interesting.

Trust in the Elf to bring the Browns to victory.

Legend
Legend
come to think of it, Flacco kind of looks like an elf

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
come to think of it, Flacco kind of looks like an elf

At 6'6" he might be the biggest Elf ever.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
7-1 at home? Been a long time since we had a home record that good I think?

I'm good with keeping it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian
I am of the belief that these events with the Elf, have maybe broken the curse. Call me crazy, but I want to believe

Summoning the ghosts of the past to breath a winning attitude into the team.

You are Elfing Crazy !

And I love it !

Great post /story on Christmas day !

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't believe in superstition and curses. The consistent blown drafts, bad coaching hires and inept FO's are the reason the Browns have been so bad in the past. It seems as though they're finally beginning to right the ship. The Elf or lack there of played no part in that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
in 2020, we were 6-2 at home.
In 2021, we were 6-3 at home.

Since Stefanski has taken over, we have had a home record of 23-10.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum The curse and the Elf

Link Copied to Clipboard