Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
well, he's at least kicked before

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Scott Petrak ct
@ScottPetrak
ยท
39s
#Browns announce they signed K Riley Patterson to practice squad. Necessary after Dustin Hopkins hamstring injury Sunday.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's not Cade York

Thank goodness

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
It's not Cade York

Thank goodness

just saw a blip from the Eagles/Giants game that York is on IR, the giants signed Mason Crosby this week to fill in since they had 3 other kickers get hurt this year

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yeah, York is done for the season

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by boofers20
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
It's not Cade York

Thank goodness

just saw a blip from the Eagles/Giants game that York is on IR, the giants signed Mason Crosby this week to fill in since they had 3 other kickers get hurt this year

Was watching the game, I missed that.

Thanks for pointing that out !

Legend
Legend
Nice pickup AB.

Kid has been kicking all year, only had a few weeks off and has great numbers for a 24 year old NF kicker.

Like I said AB always has a plan A, B, and C ready smile

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by GMdawg
.... plan A, B, and C ....

I believe we have also signed Matt Haack, punter, to fill in for Borjorquez. Will Haack also be the holder for Patterson? AB is being kept very busy this season.....

Last edited by bbrowns32; 12/26/23 01:02 PM.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not so sure it was a plan to sign this kid but Berry has certainly done well working on the fly and creating answers when problems have come up.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by bbrowns32

I believe we have also signed Matt Haack, punter, to fill in for Borjorquez. Will Haack also be the holder for Patterson? AB is being kept very busy this season.....

L
Legend
Legend
L
we've had to play backups at every position this year already, no sense in leaving out the kickers

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
lol good point

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by bbrowns32

If Hack has to punt Thursday he will also be the holder on field goals

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I'm not so sure it was a plan to sign this kid but Berry has certainly done well working on the fly and creating answers when problems have come up.

Our front office plans ahead now... not like the old days. Trust me we have plans in place if ANYBODY goes down. If our long snapper gets hurt we have plans on who we can bring in to replace them. *wondering if or who we sign to the practice squad at QB now*

1 member likes this: jfanent
P
Legend
Legend
P
When someone on the open market can be signed by any team at any time you have no way of knowing if they'll even be there when you need them. Now if your claim is they have a list of players in the order they would want them if an emergency arises, I would most certainly hope so. I would think every NFL team would do so. I'm not so sure that constitutes what I would call a plan.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Hopefully both are only needed for Thursday's game and then can ride into the postseason on the practice squad without having to play any further.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
thats my hope too

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Hopefully both are only needed for Thursday's game and then can ride into the postseason on the practice squad without having to play any further.

Just Great crazy stuff !

The 49ers had a story with Mr Irrelevent taking them to the playoffs

But ! The Browns as you say with a practice squad heading the way

There just needs to be a movie made of this !! lol smile

2 members like this: oobernoober, Clemdawg
Legend
Legend
Just Great crazy stuff !

The 49ers had a story with Mr Irrelevent taking them to the playoffs

But ! The Browns as you say with a practice squad heading the way

There just needs to be a movie made of this !! lol smile

Why not us?
Why not us, this year?

After Mr. Chubb went down, I told myself: "Ain't this just a Browns fan's luck? Life does this s# to us all the time. It's part of what makes the universe make sense."

Then, Mr. Watson went down, sending me to that old familiar 'Battered Dawg Syndrome Emotional Death Spiral' mindset. At that familiar moment, so early in the Browns' season, when we might be conscribed to the same 4-6 win season.

...and Dawgs just kept clocking wins.
-and then, Dawgs started stacking wins.

...and now, Elves are 10-5, a 99% lock for the playoffs, and being described as "one of those truly dangerous playoff-worthy teams that are peaking at just the right time."

I don't know how far this currently-running story will play out, but I will say this: I haven't had this much fun watching a Browns regular season in 30+ years. This is the level of entertainment I signed on for, win or lose. All I've ever asked of My Team is this: play this week's game in a way that makes me want to watch next week's game.
This year's team is granting me that, in spades.

As a casual sports fan with a personal bias for this O&B team, I'll take that.
If they actually pull this off, the story of their success will be worth the yearly angst I've suffered all these years. AND- they will have written for themselves an NFL story for the ages.

WOOF,WOOF!
clem.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
YES! The only thing that saddens me is that Mr. Chubb doesn't get to play in these games. To me, he's the face of the franchise and pretty much was the only thing that kept my interest the past 2 seasons. When he went down, I was as close as ever to calling it quits as a Browns fan. He is probably the most skilled, classy and enjoyable to watch player ever to put on the brown and orange. If anybody deserves to enjoy this ride, Nick Chubb does.

OBJ: "I wanna touchdown"
Mr. Chubb: "I wanna win!"

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
And to win a team needs to score points.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
And to win a team needs to score points.

Speaking of points, what's yours?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's that the whole "I want to score a TD" thing has been overblown into something it's not. My hope is any and every O player who touches the ball wants to score a TD. If not they're probably not cut out for the NFL. That's the entire goal when you touch the ball, to score.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
When someone on the open market can be signed by any team at any time you have no way of knowing if they'll even be there when you need them. Now if your claim is they have a list of players in the order they would want them if an emergency arises, I would most certainly hope so. I would think every NFL team would do so. I'm not so sure that constitutes what I would call a plan.

It isn't a list of 1 player. I am positive teams keep a list multiple players deep at every position that some staffer in the FO is charged with updating daily. They might have 12 players listed in order of preference. If player 1 gets signed somewhere else, player number 2 on the old list becomes player #1 on the new list and so on down the line.

Teams have multiple staffers keeping track of these things, they don't sit around the office all day long chewing the fat and eating doughnuts. Those people are tracking every move made by other teams, adjusting and shifting their own lists. They are getting paid to do something, and that is what they do. At any moment Berry can call to find out the top 3 players available at any position.

By 3PM the next day, you have secured their transportation and have them in Berea for a workout. Berry was probably setting things in motion once it was clear DH wasn't going to return to the game while sitting in his suite watching the game.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
So it's pretty much standard operating procedure for every team in the NFL? Yeah, that's pretty much what I was saying. I give this FO and coaching staff credit any time it's applicable. But this isn't anything out of the ordinary. To do otherwise would be a gross neglect of doing what's expected and standard across the league.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
So it's pretty much standard operating procedure for every team in the NFL? Yeah, that's pretty much what I was saying. I give this FO and coaching staff credit any time it's applicable. But this isn't anything out of the ordinary. To do otherwise would be a gross neglect of doing what's expected and standard across the league.

I agree. I like our FO and we do a good job of evaluating, but I don't think we are doing anything groundbreaking here. All teams have "lists" and all of them are probably pretty similar.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
I can't say that I have not had my reservations about this FO. But they have been maturing. Same goes for Stefanski. Even while I had my reservations I felt this may be a group where the continuity angle might pay off. I didn't feel that way in the past. At some point you have to realize you hired the wrong people and move on. Continuity isn't some magic word that works no matter the people you are talking about. You have to have the right people that are worthy of investing that time into for continuity to mean anything. This is the first time that I felt as a whole, the FO and HC may be the right combination to invest that patience in.

I'm pretty sure most everyone knows there was one big decision they made which I will probably never agree with no matter the results on the field, the biggest investment they have made thus far by a lot. But with that said I try and view things big picture and not in a vacuum. And on the big picture side of things I hope they extend all of their contracts moving forward. As things stand we have to find out where this group can lead the Browns. watson was beginning to see the light turn on before he was injured. With an even average injury count there's no telling how far this team can go.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

I agree. I like our FO and we do a good job of evaluating, but I don't think we are doing anything groundbreaking here. All teams have "lists" and all of them are probably pretty similar.

Not ground breaking, maybe pretty dang good though

The NFL spectrum isn't all that large, the lists may have lots of the same players on them

The lists as injuries occur during the season gets smaller

The Browns seem to be able to get the best player available off those lists

Speaking of lists

You been been naughty or nice ?!

LOL, hope you all have had a nice Holiday !

Last nights win made mine a special one !

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Sign K Riley Patterson

Link Copied to Clipboard